TOUR CLOSED - DITA Audio - Dream US Demo CIEM Tour (Limited Review Tour, Starting July 2017)
Jun 20, 2017 at 7:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 137

Barra

Headphoneus Supremus
Great news - I was able to talk Ted from DITA Audio into doing a US tour of their new Dream CIEM that is only now being officially launched. We have all heard the praises coming from the lucky few that have heard it at events, flinkenick's "Ranking to Stars" review, or those that received an early delivery. Now we get to hear them for ourselves.

However, this is a limited review tour for a hand picked 12 participants. DITA is looking for a brave few willing to do a full and honest review. If you are interested, please speak up now as I am opening up for participants. The rules and requirements for becoming a member are listed below.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Picture)

Dream
, the latest and flagship model of Dita's 3-model lineup.

The Titanium Black Dream is made in Japan and is equipped with cables sourced from the venerable Dutch cable company, Van Den Hul. A new custom dynamic driver powers the Dream with a smoother mid-band and bass that reaches even lower with greater control. Dream is also equipped with the Awesome Plug for a multitude of new features.

Specifications

• Driver 1 Newly-Developed Ultra-wide Bandwidth 10mm Transducer
  • FR 10-25000 Hz
  • Impedance 16 ohms
  • Sensitivity 102 db
  • Colour Titanium Black
  • Cable The Truth Custom Made By VDH 1.2M
  • Solder VDH Lead-Free Silver Solder
  • Connector Awesome 2.5mm TRRS / 3.5mm TRS
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To Qualify:
  1. Active Head-Fier: To qualify, you need to be a member for over 2 years on Head-Fi and have posted over 200 times.
  2. Demonstrated Review Skills: We need to be confident that you are able to review audio products - tell us why, or link to reviews in your post.
  3. Application Post: Please post your interest here per my example in post 3 including headfi name, location, acceptance of the rules, and links to any reviews.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tour Instructions (10 Day Audition)

The participant list is organized logistically to minimize shipping costs starting from Seattle. The the tour will begin with the first in the list for a 10-day audition. Thereafter they will be responsible to deliver or ship the demo kit to the next participant in the list.
  • Upon Receipt:
    • Post: Please immediately post on the thread both receipt and condition of the demo kit.
    • PM: Please immediately PM the next 3 participants on the list to arrange delivery (if local) or shipping. While priority goes to the next in the list, if they are unresponsive, you will have backup options to keep the tour going and the others will be reminded that their turn is coming. This step is critical to avoid delaying the tour. It is each participants responsibility to keep the tour moving.
  • Shipping: If a local delivery is not possible, it will be each tour members responsibility to ship the tour kit to the next participant.
    • Signature Required: While DITA is not requiring insurance to save us the cost, they do require a signature to have a clear line of responsibility.
  • Issues: Please PM Barra with any issues.
    • Dropping Out: Please PM Barra if you feel you cannot fulfill your tour responsibility and I will pull you from the list.
  • Review: Reviews are greatly appreciated by all Head-Fi members.
    • Thoughts/Impressions: Feel free to post your thoughts, initial impressions, pairing results, or even informal reviews or comparisons right here on this thread.
    • Formal Reviews: When a formal review is completed and posted to Head-Fi, please post a link here for people to follow.

Jun 20, 2017 at 7:52 PM Post #2 of 137
Tour Participant List
We hope to gather our list over the next few weeks to build logistics into our tour order. However, the tour will be starting in Seattle first and may start before we close our participation requests. We may add more as it makes sense, but later logistics will be first come first serve so likely to make postage more expensive. The good news is that we will do our best to accommodate all US Head-Fiers that wish to participate.

US Tour:

Name: Location:

1. @San Man – Honolulu, HI
  2. @ExpiredLabel – Portland, OR
  3. @nmatheis – Portland, OR >>> Dropped from Tour
  4. @Shure or bust – Bay Area, CA
  5. X @musiclvr – Glendale, AZ
  6. X @drbluenewmexico – Albuquerque, NM
  7. X @EagleWings – Austin, TX
  8. X @ngoshawk – Warrensburg, MO >>> Received from @EagleWings : ???, handoff to @PinkyPowers on 1/18/18
  9. X @PinkyPowers – Kansas City, MO >>> Received from @ngoshawk : 1/18/18, Shipped to @Shmuel : 1/29/18
  10. X @Shmuel – Milwaukee, WI >>> Received from @PinkyPowers : ???, Shipped to @Kunlun : 2/7/17
  11. X @Kunlun – NYC, NY >>> Received from @Shmuel : ??? , Handed to @ivanrocks321 : 3/14/18
  12. X @ivanrocks321 - Brooklyn, NY >>> Received from @Kunlun : 3/14/18, Shipped to @Carlsan ?
  13. X @Carlsan – Trenton, NJ >>> Received from @ivanrocks321 : 3/30/18, Shipped to @SilverEars : 4/10/18
  14. X @SilverEars - Boston, MA >>> Received from @Carlsan : 4/12/18, Shipped to @Barra : ?
  15. X @DWbirdseye – Littleton, CO >>> Dropped from the Tour
  16. X @Barra - Anthem, AZ >>> Received from @SilverEars : ?
Tour Reviews:
  1. @San ManLINK
  2. @ExpiredLabel – LINK
  3. @musiclvr – LINK
  4. @drbluenewmexico – LINK
  5. @EagleWingsLINK
  6. @ngoshawkLINK
  7. @PinkyPowersLINK
  8. @Shmuel – LINK
  9. @KunlunLINK
  10. @ivanrocks321 - LINK
  11. @Carlsan – LINK
  12. @SilverEars - LINK
  13. @Barra - LINK

Last edited:
Jun 20, 2017 at 7:56 PM Post #3 of 137
Jun 20, 2017 at 8:49 PM Post #4 of 137
Hello! I live in Glendale, Arizona and I would like to participate in the tour. I agree to follow the terms of this tour if selected.

I have participated in other Head-Fi tours of iem's, full size headphones, and headphone amplifiers. I also own the DITA Answer (Truth Edition) to compare to with an array of source components/gear. Thank you for the opportunity.

Sample Review:

SIMAudio Moon Neo HAD230 Link: A very spacious analog sound that is detail rich yet anchored by a liquid warmth.

Last edited:
Jun 20, 2017 at 10:40 PM Post #5 of 137
Jun 21, 2017 at 12:15 AM Post #7 of 137
Last edited:
Jun 25, 2017 at 3:53 AM Post #11 of 137
A link to a previous review that you’ve written: https://www.head-fi.org/f/showcase/stax-sr-l700.21050/
Username: Shure or bust
City/State: Bay area, CA

Looking forward to hearing from you soon and to hopefully have a chance to review and write an informative review! I would like to see how the Dita Dream compares to other summit-fi iems on the market. Flagship iem round up!

I agree to the terms and conditions.

Last edited:
Jun 26, 2017 at 10:43 AM Post #12 of 137
Jun 27, 2017 at 11:44 AM Post #13 of 137
Last edited:
Jun 29, 2017 at 9:13 PM Post #15 of 137
I would love to participate in the Dita Dream Review tour. Thank you for the opportunity!

Headfi name: ngoshawk
Location: Warrensburg, MO, USA (within a short drive of Pinky Powers, for easy transfer; we have transferred gear this way before)
Acceptance of the rules: GLADLY accept all rules and regulations!
Links to any reviews: Grado GH-2: https://www.head-fi.org/f/showcase/grado-gh-2.22417/reviews
iFi Micro iTiube2: https://www.head-fi.org/f/showcase/...um-tube-buffer-and-preamplifier.22244/reviews
Vibro Labs Aria: https://www.head-fi.org/f/showcase/...ure-in-ear-monitor.21334/reviews#review-17802

Users who are viewing this thread

Back