ivanrocks321 Misc reviews/impressions
Mar 26, 2018 at 11:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

ivanrocks321

1000+ Head-Fier
DITA Dream:

This thing needs an amp running off my pixel 2 the overall sound was overall sound is brighter than any of my IEMs. With Pico Power the bass tightened up and with less bleed into the mids and overall helped balanced out the high freq. The bass in these is very well done they are both impactful and have a good amount of bass without becoming loose. Mids were not recessed but a bit further away, I think this is due to the strong bass and that extra brightness. This creates a somewhat exaggerated staging. The imaging on these are very excellent and provided a sense of placement in space.

The build and comfort are amazing, this is the best fitting universal iem I 've tried. the profile is slim and sits in the ear very well, a nice change from bulky multi-BA. The material used is rock solid and have no complaints except for the cable is a bit stiffer than I expected. Brief Comparison to my IEMS at the time:

JH-13 (original): this sound is the most similar to the dita dream. I would say both are U shaped but the dita is slightly more due to the better bass quantity. Both have abit of extra brightness to them, yet different. On the JH13 high notes have more presence but are as full body and decay faster than Dream. The Dream handles the highs to create a more prominent sense of space.

Andromeda: These I feel like are a more balanced sound than the Dream. However they don't stage as well as the Dita, the Andros also have an annoying issue with how it changes with output impedance of devices, I find the Dita to be more consistent but do need a bit of power to make it sound not so bright.

K-10: It's hard to make a comparison here since they both have different priorities. I think if your looking at this matchup you would already know what kind of sound you like.

TG-334: Vocals really shine through with the TG-334, these still remain my favs even after trying the dream, for the mids and esp vocal heavy music.

iSine 20: I hear better-controlled bass than from the dream when using the cipher cable, but in impact, I get a better sense of visceral feel with the dream. Like the dream, I feel amp is a must and I find myself reaching for my pico slim to give it that extra push. Unlike the Dream the isine I feel have a bit of a strange treble and abit hazy and recessed in the upper mids and up, it makes the isine a bit dark sounding and things sound blurry in comparison.

Final thoughts: I like the dream, its built fantastic, fit is excellent for me second to customs only. If you like this slightly cooler and brighter tilt from approximately neutral these are great. However, you really should be using a decent amp or a dap . I would be careful with DAP that sound bright to start with due to these iems being on the bright side, however, I was not able to assess this guess since I was using a mojo as a dac that is a slightly warmer paring.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back