tostito's fiesta bowl
Jan 4, 2007 at 12:57 AM Post #61 of 63
Sadly indeed. I ran into a-lot of the Rose Bowl traditionlists watching OU play there in 03.

I can defnitely feel the pride there. Interesting that the PAC and Big1T1en are right with the Big East by not playing a conference championship game. Tradition can be a nutty thing standing in the way of progress.

Speaking of the Pac, I betcha a dollar Boise St. is invited to the conference within a decade.

But big picture, a playoff is going to happen. It may not happen this decade or the next, but it will happen.

The BCS was a huge step. For the first time in college football history, there was an effort made to match-up two teams, regardless of conference affiliiation for a semi-legitimate national championship game.

Then the Fifth game was added. I salivate dreaming what that fifth game can be used for when the BCS renews it t.v. contract in 2011. The writing is on the wall. And it will happen because of one thing. The networks will want to see it, the money will be even larger - bank on it. College football is a regional sport. A national playoff will transcend that. The current Presidents will either die, retire, or be dragged along kicking and screaming because of the money.

All hail the future!
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back