tostito's fiesta bowl
Jan 2, 2007 at 10:19 PM Post #47 of 63
Look at the sport websites. This game was one of the best ever.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 2, 2007 at 10:49 PM Post #49 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by Iron_Dreamer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Exactly! Where's the playoff?

That is one reason I'm a huge Florida fan next Monday. tOSU looks like a great team, but anything to mess with the BCS.

Let the Trophy be earned by more than a two team playoff. If Florida wins, what do they say about Boise St. and the system then?

Jan 3, 2007 at 12:17 AM Post #51 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by JahJahBinks /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I didn't see this game because I thought it would be on tonight, was it good?

I forgot it was on as well. I was really into doing the laundry. Should I get a random stranger to kick me in the ass or would one of you like to do it? Seems this was the wrong game to miss.

Jan 3, 2007 at 12:34 AM Post #52 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by Samgotit /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I forgot it was on as well. I was really into doing the laundry. Should I get a random stranger to kick me in the ass or would one of you like to do it? Seems this was the wrong game to miss.

is there such a thing as mutual slap?

Jan 3, 2007 at 1:31 AM Post #53 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by JahJahBinks /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just read this in the news: The star player proposing to the captain of the cheerleading squad after crossing the goal line.

Anyone have more details?

lets just say this

the dude wins the game AND gets the girl

Jan 3, 2007 at 1:35 AM Post #54 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by Iron_Dreamer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Exactly! Where's the playoff? Perhaps the best outcome of this game being as fantastic as it was is the degree of media coverage. To have mainstream writers and analysts saying that BSU should have a shot at the title is priceless. If teams like Utah and Boise can keep coming up to beat the big boys, things will have to change someday.

Unfortunately it is highly unlikely that this game will get anything changed or lead to any major push towards a playoff anytime soon. Why? Simple money, money and more money. Right now the BCS conferences are rolling in the money and a playoff system would likely involve having to the cut the pie into more pieces more so than the a bigger pie. This of course gives BCS conference college presidents little to no reason to want to change the current system.

Jan 3, 2007 at 3:39 AM Post #55 of 63
that and i don't think the rose bowl (and the pac 10 and Big 10) wants to let its prestigue go down the the level of the other bowls.. or worse, just another game.

Jan 3, 2007 at 5:51 AM Post #57 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by Walie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Please finish high school before posting again. 32-18 isn't a lucky win for USC, its a thumping

Man Boise State, perfectly executed hook n' ladder, followed by a freakin statue of liberty, I don't think I ever saw a SOL done in a live game before last night. This is why college football is better than the No Fun League

i already apologized right???

let me say it again [size=large]I WAS JUST KIDDING[/size][size=x-small]just that cross town rivalry going on not a BIG deal[/size]

Jan 3, 2007 at 2:14 PM Post #58 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by granodemostasa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
that and i don't think the rose bowl (and the pac 10 and Big 10) wants to let its prestigue go down the the level of the other bowls.. or worse, just another game.

The Rose Bowl is no longer Pac 10 vs Big 10. They are part of the BCS money making machine as well. Remember last year when Texas played USC.

Jan 3, 2007 at 8:13 PM Post #59 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by blinx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
what a game indeed! sorry i got Oregon and Oregon state mixed up
frown.gif
i always get confused
plainface.gif

but man, i thought it was totally over, the 2 point conversion that OU did in regulation was crazy, there were some bad calls on that.

a perfectly matched bowl game if you ask me

Don't let any OU fans catch you talking about "bad calls." We're a bit bitter.
tongue.gif

Jan 4, 2007 at 12:29 AM Post #60 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by john_jcb /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Rose Bowl is no longer Pac 10 vs Big 10. They are part of the BCS money making machine as well. Remember last year when Texas played USC.

yea... sadly. still, the Rose Bowl continues to have a higher pay out than the other bowls, it has it's own TV deal, and still gets Pac 10 v Big 10 teams whenever the title game isn't being played there. according to the nyt (a week ago), it's the rose bowl that is primarily blocking the playoff thing from happening.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back