Toronto Winter Meet
Feb 13, 2014 at 7:26 PM Post #182 of 322
So May?

Feb 14, 2014 at 12:00 AM Post #185 of 322
  From experience, how big are Toronto meets?  Ie, how many attendees.

Having attended a few meets hosted by FallenAngel the number of attendees is usually around 12 to 15 and rarely 20 max..

Feb 15, 2014 at 5:03 PM Post #187 of 322
Richmond Hill is a little bit far for some people on the subway line.  I think it could work, but they'd have to take the YRT bus to get there from Finch station. 

I'm not sure this will work, but the rental for the conference room at my mom's condo @ 7 Bishop Ave. (yonge/finch) is $75/day.  It's large enough to fit 30 people comfortably.  It's not the most beautiful room, but it's conveniently located on the Subway line and has a kitchenette.  Really, we're playing music and showcasing equipment. 

If it's a byob event with some catered food, the cost would be $20/person tops and that would be a stretch.  More like $10.

Feb 15, 2014 at 7:46 PM Post #188 of 322
  Richmond Hill is a little bit far for some people on the subway line.  I think it could work, but they'd have to take the YRT bus to get there from Finch station. 

I'm not sure this will work, but the rental for the conference room at my mom's condo @ 7 Bishop Ave. (yonge/finch) is $75/day.  It's large enough to fit 30 people comfortably.  It's not the most beautiful room, but it's conveniently located on the Subway line and has a kitchenette.  Really, we're playing music and showcasing equipment. 

If it's a byob event with some catered food, the cost would be $20/person tops and that would be a stretch.  More like $10.

I'm down for that, even if it's $20

Feb 15, 2014 at 8:03 PM Post #189 of 322
Finch station is actually what we normally do, and it is also normally in Fallenangel's party room as well (Although he has never told us the cost of the room so he has eaten a lot of the fees actually).

It would work well if we had it in your mom's party room, usually the meet happens after lunch so no need for food, and people BYOB...usually scotch actually.

So if you are willing to take the initiative and set up the meet and be upfront about what costs you need from every person, please do so!

Feb 15, 2014 at 8:26 PM Post #190 of 322
we just need some one to provide a date and a cost.
no need to ask for opinions anymore.

you can not make everyone happy!

Feb 15, 2014 at 10:37 PM Post #191 of 322
If that's the case, I can see if I can book the party room at my building? I think it might be free, no rental fee. So if we don't care about food and we BYOB, then there might be no cost at all. I'm at Yonge and Sheppard by the way, on the subway line.

Feb 16, 2014 at 12:22 AM Post #192 of 322
Depending on what the venue ends up being, I'd really love to hear to some bookshelf as well. Nothing too big to distract anyone I suppose. It could be fun.

Feb 16, 2014 at 5:17 PM Post #193 of 322
Depending on what the venue ends up being, I'd really love to hear to some bookshelf as well. Nothing too big to distract anyone I suppose. It could be fun.

I have a pair of Paradigm Studio 20s and a Pioneer dual mono class A integrated amp. I could set it up in the rec room, but I will only make it audition-able at specific set times for a brief period. We don't want to disturb others.

Okay torontonians, listen up! I asked about the rec room and it's $100 to book for the day. I only require 48 hours notice to book it. If you guys want to make this happen sooner rather than later, PM me with the following information:

- Your real name
- Your email address (I will try to keep all communication on head-fi, but if it doesn't work out I'll start an email thread)
- If you are bringing any guests
- Your preferred date between the 5 saturdays in March (Mar1 - Mar 29), majority wins.
- Equipment you are bringing for sure (I will compile a list so we can avoid lugging multiples of the same gear).

As far as the money, I can front the $100. Then what I'm going to do is collect i.e. a $5 or a $10 or $20 bill (based on estimated attendees) upon arrival and give you a ticket. When you leave, I will give you change back (based on how many actually show up) and take your ticket. I will also hand out name tags with head-fi nicks and real first names. The room is big enough to fit 30-40 people and there are tables for our equipment there already. We will probably need a few power strips. Meet will probably run from noon till 6 or 7 pm.

That's all. BYOB and BYO snacks if you know you'll get hungry.

Feb 17, 2014 at 12:05 AM Post #194 of 322
not sure how many ppl I can find to join, I will try now

Users who are viewing this thread

Back