Toronto Winter Meet
Jan 22, 2014 at 11:10 AM Post #151 of 322
This hifi meet is like the GS-X wait...........
Always going to be later~

I guess we should just construct the summer meet around May when the weather is nice and sunny.
-30 really isn't going to make people want to go out.

=0 A birthday present for me?
Lol jk
but true, it's cold now
students have more work later
May everyone should be out of school

Jan 22, 2014 at 11:30 AM Post #152 of 322
Lol jk
but true, it's cold now

Even as a ECE student in UofT (The most stressful kind of student in the world), I still manage to play games, go to hifimeet and hangout late at night. I am pretty sure they will manage their time just fine. The only thing I have learned well from school is how to sleep for less than 2 hour per day for a week and still be alive

P.S.
Maybe let you listen to it will be enough of a present. :P
JK

Jan 22, 2014 at 1:48 PM Post #153 of 322

Lol jk

but true, it's cold now

Even as a ECE student in UofT (The most stressful kind of student in the world), I still manage to play games, go to hifimeet and hangout late at night. I am pretty sure they will manage their time just fine. The only thing I have learned well from school is how to sleep for less than 2 hour per day for a week and still be alive

P.S.
Maybe let you listen to it will be enough of a present. :P
JK

Depends on what you're doing. I too normally have no problem to go out and do things during school but I have a few friends who are always swamped with work

Jan 22, 2014 at 2:20 PM Post #154 of 322
Bah undergrads...you can make time..:D

The only issue with the summer is all the people that are from out of town that go to one of the universities downtown will not be here...so its always a lose lose situation in terms of timing and we have found that the easiest way to organize this is just find a range of dates that someone can book a room and book the date the most people can make.

Jan 22, 2014 at 2:26 PM Post #155 of 322
true.
I remember last time we have google doc shared with people want to attend.
May be we should start with that, and people can put their travel range and available time there. In this way, it will be much easier for the organizer to get the whole picture clear.

Jan 22, 2014 at 4:21 PM Post #156 of 322
Anyone remember what our best and cheapest option we found last time we held the meet? It seems we have a lot of people interested and could maybe set up a paypal donation box to book the room with. I'm assuming our Dear Leader is too busy this time around again
tongue_smile.gif

Jan 27, 2014 at 6:34 PM Post #157 of 322
What with the ungodly temperatures and snow, snow, snow (a true Canadian winter that we haven't seen in awhile), it would seem that January and February are likely not feasible.
It has been awhile since my last meet (I missed the last one), and I am getting anxious and looking forward to a good headphone meet.  It seems that we have a lot of 'new' Head-Fiers expressing an interest, and with a load of gear and some talents (modding booth) that should make for a good meet!  I also noticed a number of members willing to provide transportation from the east and the west.  I can provide a ride for members up north of the city as I live just south of Barrie.  All we have to do is get this thing off the ground, a spring warmer weather meet would be nice.  I'll try to put some pressure on my friend Pavel as his meets are always well-attended and memorable.  I'll be sure to bring out the Jecklins for the traditional member photos.  Let's just get this thing going!
happy_face1.gif

Jan 27, 2014 at 11:17 PM Post #158 of 322
I would be down for a May meet. Until then I probably won't be able to make it.

Going to try my best to bring both of my speaker amps, as long as I can get the transportation figured out. 

Jan 28, 2014 at 2:05 AM Post #159 of 322
All I ask for is that it's around a metro stop since I can take the train in the morning, take the metro there and leave at night since I won't have any lifts (unless someone picks me up at the train station or something)
I'll have my roxannes (universal) hopefully by mid-Feb.
My friend said I'd be able to borrow one or 2 of his custom high end amps (but travelling with them is the hard part)

Feb 2, 2014 at 11:01 PM Post #161 of 322
New to the forum, don't have much equipment... But I'd be interested in a meet.
Shure 535
JH Roxanne
Pico slim
RSA shadow
IBasso dx50

That is actually a lot~~~

Feb 3, 2014 at 12:21 AM Post #163 of 322
That is actually a lot~~~

Still waiting on my Roxanne' and I think I will be for a while...

Compared to your roster, I don't think I have much.
:)

Not everyone collects though.
I myself only keep 1-2 pairs around with an amp and dac or DAP.
I just sold everything off and am going for the Roxannes as well but universals

Feb 3, 2014 at 7:47 PM Post #165 of 322
Not everyone collects though.
I myself only keep 1-2 pairs around with an amp and dac or DAP.
I just sold everything off and am going for the Roxannes as well but universals

I think I am going to follow your lead and sell off all the stuff I don't really use.

97% of the time I use either my Stax or my ESW-9A 'phones.

So why do I hang on to all this stuff?   
confused_face_2.gif
     Duh!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back