Toronto Winter Meet
Feb 3, 2014 at 10:41 PM Post #166 of 322

I would be willing to host a meet...the only problem is I live well off the beaten track.

I have lots of space now with the new addition to the house. With my schedule it looks
like the only way I'll get to a meet is if the meet comes to me...

South East Lake Simcoe...Ice fishing capital of Canada.

Feb 3, 2014 at 10:54 PM Post #167 of 322
I think we should consider on putting a thread for the MAY or Summer meet~~~

Winter seems not be possible for these weather.

Feb 3, 2014 at 11:28 PM Post #168 of 322
Not everyone collects though.
I myself only keep 1-2 pairs around with an amp and dac or DAP.
I just sold everything off and am going for the Roxannes as well but universals

Same here. I just like to zone out with what I have until the magic stops...then its time to tweak or upgrade. I suspect my Crack is starting to get expensive to beat though. So these days its about not spending where I don't have to. Modding BH gear can really get you some sweet results.

Personally, I think I would be going to the meet mostly for the music. I'm always looking to branch out. Find something new.

And I'm cool. No rush. I'm in the Dominic on the beach from Feb 7th until the 17th. I'll be heavily drunk, thinking of you poor souls shivering in the cold. 

My freakin' RE-400's went through the wash. No chance to replace them before I leave. That really sucks. No chance to zone while I'm gone. I really cherish those solo moments deep in the nights. I had hoped for a chance to find some beach,  some tunes, ocean in the night and a lonesome peace and tranquility.

I'll just have to use minds eye I guess. Tones to pull from there. 

*cheers*
beerchug.gif

Feb 4, 2014 at 12:03 AM Post #169 of 322
Hey if this is stretching out, I'd prefer to see this stretch out into a larger 2 day event with option to crash out at a hotel. Is that going too big? Because I have absolutely no qualms with hanging out and talking about gear, listening to gear. Comparing gear and listening to gear for a couple days.

A day packed in with travel seems a bit short for me. Especially if it's just going to be once a year. I don't have the time and $ to be the playboy I want to be and simply just jump from event to event. Like I would....

What do you think?

Feb 4, 2014 at 12:42 AM Post #170 of 322
Hey if this is stretching out, I'd prefer to see this stretch out into a larger 2 day event with option to crash out at a hotel. Is that going too big? Because I have absolutely no qualms with hanging out and talking about gear, listening to gear. Comparing gear and listening to gear for a couple days.

A day packed in with travel seems a bit short for me. Especially if it's just going to be once a year. I don't have the time and $ to be the playboy I want to be and simply just jump from event to event. Like I would....

What do you think?

Crashing at a hotel would be fine for me because of the train schedules (I'd have 2 hours or so to stay if I leave the same day for like 8-9 hours of travelling)

Feb 5, 2014 at 7:03 PM Post #171 of 322
A full 2-day event is aiming a bit too high, normally these things die down after 5 or 6 hours. A main issue is getting enough people to donate to offset the cost of renting a meeting room for the day, a second day would likely be impossible.

With that said, I'm sure there would be more than a few of us happy to attend an after party 
wink_face.gif

Feb 5, 2014 at 8:46 PM Post #172 of 322
Here's an idea.

Last fall I attended my first OVRA meeting. The group has meetings several times a year. They have booked a room at a police station in Richmond Hill. There are tables in the room which can accommodate at least 30 people. My 2 cents.

http://www.ovra.ca/

Feb 5, 2014 at 10:23 PM Post #173 of 322
A full 2-day event is aiming a bit too high, normally these things die down after 5 or 6 hours. A main issue is getting enough people to donate to offset the cost of renting a meeting room for the day, a second day would likely be impossible.

With that said, I'm sure there would be more than a few of us happy to attend an after party  :wink_face:  

For the close locals they likely won't care for a second day but as someone taking the train in, it would be nice to get a bit more done.
That being said, for the Montreal meets they're usually 3-5 hours but I always go off with a few others back to someone else's house to do more listening. It really depends a lot on how much there is to test and listen to.

Feb 7, 2014 at 7:08 AM Post #175 of 322
If people can actually drive in, we can always look at community centers in the suburbs. I can get something markham if need be, but i thought people prefer to be on the subway line.

Also, can the person who brought the balanced hd650 rig bring it in one more time? I would love to hear it again.

Feb 7, 2014 at 3:33 PM Post #176 of 322
If people can actually drive in, we can always look at community centers in the suburbs. I can get something markham if need be, but i thought people prefer to be on the subway line.

Also, can the person who brought the balanced hd650 rig bring it in one more time? I would love to hear it again.

I am fine with driving. However, if you want to include all the younger headfier that do not have a car, somewhere that is reachable through the public transit system is a must.
I am pretty sure they are many students wanna to come and meet in Toronto.

Feb 9, 2014 at 1:11 AM Post #177 of 322

I would be willing to host a meet...the only problem is I live well off the beaten track.

I have lots of space now with the new addition to the house. With my schedule it looks
like the only way I'll get to a meet is if the meet comes to me...

South East Lake Simcoe...Ice fishing capital of Canada.

That's a generous offer but it makes it very difficult for anyone without a car.

Feb 13, 2014 at 5:22 PM Post #179 of 322

Users who are viewing this thread

Back