Toronto Rocked by Several Explosions
Aug 10, 2008 at 1:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

Dork Knight

500+ Head-Fier
Aug 10, 2008 at 1:59 PM Post #2 of 18
There are a couple of people on youtube who reckon they live nearby and were woken by that explosion. I'll bet the crater afterwards will be impressive from that big one. I wouldn't want to have just watched Cloverfield the night before.

Aug 10, 2008 at 2:22 PM Post #3 of 18
That looks very, very serious.

I hope no one is hurt.

Aug 10, 2008 at 2:23 PM Post #4 of 18
Something just like that happened here in Dallas a couple of months ago, but I think this one was worse. I hope everyone is okay, but that explosion was freaking awesome!
biggrin.gif

Aug 10, 2008 at 3:17 PM Post #7 of 18
Spectacular! Hope nobody got hurt in the bang.

Aug 10, 2008 at 8:29 PM Post #8 of 18
The explosion in the first video was absolutely insane.

Aug 10, 2008 at 10:56 PM Post #9 of 18
I think it's just the one death (the Firefighter), and one person reported missing. The Police aren't releasing much information apparently. I hope it didn't cause any other injuries or loss of life.

I know of someone who lived near there, and he said the main explosion was out of this world. It scared him *insert expletive*-less.

Aug 11, 2008 at 12:18 AM Post #10 of 18
All I've heard so far is that a firefighter lost his life, an employee is missing, and there was a forced evacuation of about 12,000 residents. Highway 401 was shut down from something like the DVP to Avenue and 400? I used to drive around that fuel station all the time. It's not too far from major Esso and Petro-Can(?) fuel stations, either. Why they allow these things in dense residential communities is beyond me.

Aug 11, 2008 at 12:25 AM Post #11 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by kjpmkjp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think it's just the one death (the Firefighter), and one person reported missing. The Police aren't releasing much information apparently. I hope it didn't cause any other injuries or loss of life.

I know of someone who lived near there, and he said the main explosion was out of this world. It scared him *insert expletive*-less.

God, not kidding. It must have been terrifying. Just watching the videos was insane and frightening I can't imagine what it must have been like to witness it.

Aug 11, 2008 at 2:12 AM Post #12 of 18
Apparently it was at a facility called Sunrise Propane. Now, that won't mean anything to anyone (probably) on here, but they supplied my old work with large Carbon Dioxide tanks, as well as another local paintball field/store.

Edit: Forum link to Tdot Ballers. Local paintball forum, more vids and descriptions listed. Sorry, it's not much, but it has a little bit of "local" information from people who saw this first hand, and probably know a bit more than the mass public.

http://www.tdotballers.com/forums/in...pic=68050&st=0

*Warning* Swearing is not completely filtered on this site, nor are the attitudes of little children *End Warning*

Aug 11, 2008 at 2:22 AM Post #13 of 18
As an explosion junkie, I have to say those videos are bad-ass. If I had been there watching I would have been whooping and cheering, not screaming in mortal terror.

I probably would have felt bad afterwards, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back