Toronto Meet
Feb 19, 2003 at 4:14 AM Post #48 of 91
I'll see what I can swing. But if the time is too late on Sunday afternoon I am screwed. Travelling back to Ottawa will be a bitch.

But...I want to hear Stax...and if zzz goes...I will be there! Now, I need msjjr to show up with his K1000's and I will be in heaven.

Anyone have AT W2002's?

Feb 19, 2003 at 7:15 AM Post #49 of 91
Can I join the meeting???? I will bring my Sony CD3000 and Gilmore V2 for the meeting.
biggrin.gif

Feb 19, 2003 at 3:23 PM Post #51 of 91
I think hitting a time of noon is rocking. I could get there by then I am certain and this will give me time to hear what I want to hear and then hit the road home. It will be a packed day but well worth it. I need to rally some Ottawa folks...so if we can make it up there.

Feb 20, 2003 at 10:30 PM Post #52 of 91
Excellent! I can bring along an extra CD player as well as my tube amp and Senn 580 & 495 headphones. My mint-tin KGCA board is in the mail and unless something screwed up happens when I'm building it it'll be available for the meet as well. Oh yes, don't forget the food & beer!
wink.gif

Feb 20, 2003 at 11:18 PM Post #53 of 91
I live in Toronto and am interested in coming too. I can bring any of these:

ATH-A900
MDR-7506
MDR-D66
supermini v4

and some other stuff if it gets here before then.

Feb 20, 2003 at 11:30 PM Post #54 of 91
Hi guys. I think I would be interested in attending the T.O. meet, but I would propose holding it at my home in Pickering. My home is rather large and I could quite comfortably host it. I have a lot of gear that I'd prefer to not have to transport, especially the really heavy tube integrated. I also have several tables that could serve as separate listening stations. I think this would be easier than getting permission from a condo board and trying to find parking downtown. And, with any luck, my new audio system should be ready for an audition. And the pizza's on me! I would like to know how many people are attending, so I know what to expect. As well, I may be the "old fogey" of the group.

Aerius: If that really is you in that picture, you get to listen to the R10's first!
wink.gif

Regards,

Mike

Feb 20, 2003 at 11:59 PM Post #55 of 91
Woow, more and more people are going to join the meeting. And now we got msjjr too
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
I met him before, he is a very nice guy. For me, I don't care where are we going to meet, either Toronto or Pickering are fine to me, but I really want to hear as much as headphone + amp + source I can.

So what other people think???

Feb 21, 2003 at 12:10 AM Post #57 of 91
wasifazim: Hitch a ride with someone or take the GO train and we can pick you up from there.

Mike

Feb 21, 2003 at 12:13 AM Post #58 of 91
Damn...I'm definitely there. I want to meet msjjr and hear his gear...as well, I want to have a chance at zzz's electros. Honestly, this meet will essentially cause me to upgrade or lay to rest my addiction.

Feb 21, 2003 at 12:28 AM Post #59 of 91
umm.. if its in pikering can i grab a lift from a toronto guy whose goin?

Unfortunatly, i just sold my MG-Head, but ill have something else even more wallet killing by the 16th... dunno yet, but it has to happen soon =)

Otherwise, i have my porta corda 2, and Sennheiser HD-600's, and a nomad Jukebox for a source. I know, not the greatest, but...

Feb 21, 2003 at 1:20 AM Post #60 of 91
msjjr, thanks for kind offer to host the meeting, and I think it'll work out better at your place. There's a 99% chance that I'll have a car available so I can pick up a couple people on the way, the thing I'm worried about is how much gear I can cram into the car without breaking things.

So, the meeting is now scheduled for March 16th around noon at msjjr's place in Pickering. Sounds like a plan.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back