Toronto Meet
Nov 26, 2002 at 7:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 91

NotoriousBIG_PJ

Step 1: Plug power cable into wall. Step 2: Plug other end of power cable into....umm.... Step 0.5: Order something to power with power cable.
Well our old thread seems to have died (probably because the title didn't say Toronto on it) so I thought I would make a new one. There has been some interest shown for this meet perhaps for the second week of january. Of course we would need a host (and that person is not me) in order to actually hold such an event. :p

Biggie.

Nov 26, 2002 at 11:19 PM Post #3 of 91
I'd be willing to host a meet but it would have to be later in the year, like March or April, for two reasons: 1) If the weather turns bad, there could be a lot of no-shows 2) I've got a trip to Myrtle Beach planned at the end of January and Florida at the end of February so will be busy getting my workload in order before I leave.

If we can hold off until March or April, I have a fairly large room at my office we could use.

Nov 29, 2002 at 1:30 PM Post #5 of 91
I would be in if it were in later April or early May. March and April are pretty well horrible for me....exams and then the terrifying bar.

Dec 1, 2002 at 3:27 AM Post #6 of 91
March and April are pretty horrible for me, though I'm sure I'd still be able to free up a day if you pick one (unless something acm-related, interview, or an exam happens to be on that day too).

And yeah, I'll be sure to leave Ontario for at least 4 months immediately after my last exam (hopefully around the third week of April)
wink.gif

Jan 28, 2003 at 7:54 PM Post #7 of 91
Well it's the end of January now so I guess a January meet is out. I pretty much never leave town so I'll be able to show up for the meet whenever it happens. So I'll just bump this back to the top where people can see it and get stuff organized a bit.

I would host the meet but
1)my parents won't like it, and more importantly,
2)there's not enough space in our house and the wiring isn't up to having a bunch of CD players and amps sucking current out of it.

Jan 30, 2003 at 11:45 PM Post #9 of 91
If we covered the tables with sheets, this would take care of the problem. As for transportation of gear...those who can bring gear would be responsible for getting it to the room and leaving the room with their gear at the end of the day.

If the room is viable, and you can book it, this may be our best chance at it.

Jan 31, 2003 at 4:53 PM Post #13 of 91
March sounds good, that should be enough time for my mint tin Gilmore amp to arrive and get built up. That means I'll have an amp for each of my headphones so more people can listen. It might be a good idea to bring some power bars along so we have enough sockets to plug all the electronic gear in.

Feb 1, 2003 at 6:29 PM Post #15 of 91
I'll try and make it, since uh I started this thread. :p

I've got:
grado rs-1's
gilmore dynamic class a amp
d-515 portable
stiff vd cables

Biggie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back