Toronto Meet
Feb 1, 2003 at 6:50 PM Post #16 of 91
HP-1's, RS-1's, SR-60's, Ksc 35's, Etys...but I don't want to lend those out. I also have the RA-1 and my Melos will likely be back in my hands by then. I won't be bringing my cd player.

Feb 2, 2003 at 5:44 AM Post #17 of 91
forgive my newbieness, but what exactly goes on at a headphone meet?

am i far off in thinking of a bunch of guys (and girls?) listening to everyone elses gear?

i've got an mg head otl, and sen hd-600 (seems like everyone does though), a meta42, and i have coming a porta corda 2, and a pair of DT-831's... and i live in toronto

Feb 2, 2003 at 11:41 AM Post #18 of 91
kheldar: that's exactly what happens
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 3, 2003 at 10:27 PM Post #19 of 91
Excellent, we've now decided on a month, now let's get a week and day set up. What would be the best week & day for you guys? I can make it for pretty much any day, but I'd be happier if the meet was in the first half of the month before I have to start studying for my final exams. Wasifazim, what's the word with the "party room"? Is it a go?

Feb 5, 2003 at 12:52 AM Post #20 of 91
I'm in... I'll contribute my HD590s, Portapros and a Mini Fixup V5...

anyone in Toronto have a pair of DT770s I could listen to sooner than March?

Feb 7, 2003 at 12:27 AM Post #23 of 91
Sundays are a good day for me, anyone have issues with March 2nd or 9th? Those would be my preferred days but I'm pretty flexible on things.

Equipment I have are Senn 495 & 580's and a tweaked out version of the tube amp kit that Wodgy came across in the DIY forum. I also have a CD player I can bring along and a car to borrow off my parents to pick up people & equipment.

Feb 7, 2003 at 12:40 AM Post #24 of 91
I can't do Sundays...as I will be travelling from Ottawa and will need to return home on the Sunday I presume. Saturdays are best for me.

Feb 7, 2003 at 12:47 AM Post #25 of 91
Saturdays are a bit busier for me but with a bit of advance notice (2-3 days) I can easily free up some time. So my preferred dates in order go something like this:

March 2nd, 9th, 1st, 8th, 7th. I can still make it for all other days, but things tend to get hectic closer to the end of the month. C'mon people, let's get crackin', March isn't as far away as you think!

Feb 7, 2003 at 5:55 AM Post #27 of 91
Tkam, you MUST bring your DT770s...

pleasepleaseplease.

Ahem...

*bows*

Feb 7, 2003 at 4:32 PM Post #29 of 91
I should be able to make it but will have to check my schedule to make sure I'm not on phone duty that day. Will we be able to park near the building to bring stuff in? Parking's a little scarce around Yonge and King.

Feb 7, 2003 at 5:34 PM Post #30 of 91
Quote:

Originally posted by mbriant
I should be able to make it but will have to check my schedule to make sure I'm not on phone duty that day. Will we be able to park near the building to bring stuff in? Parking's a little scarce around Yonge and King.

Yep, parking can be a problem, but on a Saturday at least, you should be able to double-park in front of the building and we can help you out; if you'll only be bringing a few items, you can always park in one of the lots at King and Church and walk over.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back