Toronto Meet - Sunday March 6th
Mar 5, 2011 at 11:59 PM Post #182 of 231
I think we're good. 
biggrin.gif
 Buffalo2 is on my must-hear list, so I'm glad that you're able to finish it on time!

Mar 6, 2011 at 10:31 AM Post #183 of 231
Sorry guys, totally tied up with work here, so I don't think I will be delivering my iBasso D10's.

If any of you guys happen to be in downtown Toronto and would like to try it out, don't hesitate to contact me for a private meet up some other time. You can reach me at Facebook, PM here, e-mail, or call me at 647 - 987 - three seven six nine.

I promise I will be at the next meet.

Mar 6, 2011 at 2:07 PM Post #184 of 231
Oh no. I am so sorry but I cannot make it. I cannot find my wallet which is totally unusual because I NEVER lose it. I'm really sorry for the inconvenience. I am always on time and always where I say I will be. This is an isolated incident. I hope this doesn't impact my chances of being invited to meets in the future. I hope everyone has a good time!

Mar 6, 2011 at 4:55 PM Post #185 of 231
I know that the meet will continue for at least another hour or so, but I had the pleasure of being there from around noon until 3pm or so, when I had to jet back home - my wife is going out tonight with her friends, so I am at home with the kids.

It was a great pleasure to meet a bunch of friendly audio folks, many of whom took great pains to bring a wide assortment of gear, and were generous in letting others give them a try.

Stand outs for me were some highly modded Grado SR325's with cocobolo cups and bagel pads.  I also liked the 3 other sets of higher end Grado's, including FallenAngel's vintage ones with the flat pads on them.

I liked the high end Stax I heard, and the HiFiman HE5 and HE6 I found very interesting to hear - as a Grado guy myself, it was a cool intro into the planar, and orthodynamic world.

I also thought that the Senn 650's were good too.

Big thanks to FallenAngel for putting the meet together, and of course for generously recabling my SR60i's right there on the spot.

Great meeting you all guys, all the best,

Mar 6, 2011 at 8:36 PM Post #186 of 231
Nice meeting all of you today.  Thanks to FallenAngel for hosting the meet.  My first one and it was good.  I had to take off early so I didn't get to listen to everything, but the meet helped me reinforce my decision to purchase some HD650's.  The hard part is finding a good deal on a used pair.

Mar 6, 2011 at 9:32 PM Post #187 of 231
Thanks again to FallenAngel for setting up an awesome space to chill, really roomy,clean and tidy, with courteous concierge to boot. The room could fit well over the 30 person limit as advertised.
I didn't drink any of your scotch, only because i had headphones to try and didnt want to alter my perception
Big thanks for all the guys that brought huge setups that you needed to bring luggage to hold it all, u kno who u are !
Definite standouts for me was the Stax, Grado HF2, the different models of DT770 (yes, impedence makes a difference), Denon d5000, HE 6, etc etc
bang for buck surprise goes to phonak pf112 bass version
I hope another meet like this will go down soon, tis one was success

Mar 6, 2011 at 9:37 PM Post #188 of 231
Thanks to Pavel (aka FallenAngel) for organizing this and to everyone for sharing your equipment, drinks, and good company.  
I think I've fallen for Stax thanks to this meet.  The Omaga IIs and sr-507s (with KGSS) were really fantastic.  The KGSS [HV?] is definitely now on my build list :D

Mar 6, 2011 at 10:51 PM Post #190 of 231

Quote:
I didn't drink any of your scotch, only because i had headphones to try and didnt want to alter my perception

Oh come on, you know it could have only helped :p Whatever differences there were would apply to every phone. I definitely would have had a hard time hearing differences without it.

Couldn't come, felt sick this morning. I hope there's another one soon! Really would want to try a 5k system like the STAX. The best demo'd so far has been some HD650's and not with a proper amp or anything, for a really short time...

Props to FallenAngel; host another one! Having a party room is convenient. Who ended up winning the raffle(s)?

Mar 6, 2011 at 10:53 PM Post #191 of 231
Just wanted to thank Pavel the host and the absolutely great folks at the meet, hopefully another comes sooner rather than later : )! Tested some great headphones, amps, etc, including a few minutes learning some about cameras; everyone was incredibly friendly and very, very knowledgeable!

Mar 6, 2011 at 11:58 PM Post #192 of 231
This was an absolutely great meet. Got to try out some ridiculous setups. The Omega II's just blew me away, however the HE-6's and HE-5's really stood out as well. The HF2's were great as well, and lastly there were some beautifully modded 325i's I got to try out. I almost forgot, there were some awesome lenses at the meet :p.

Kudos to Pavel for organizing such a great meet.

Mar 7, 2011 at 12:59 AM Post #193 of 231
Thank you Pavel for organizing such great meet. I have learned alot about my own set up and others. the HE5&6 are awesome and the Stax are absolutely beautiful. Everyone is so friendly and nice, and thank you for help me out with my gears as well 
bigsmile_face.gif
, hoping to see some photos soon 
biggrin.gif

Mar 7, 2011 at 1:41 AM Post #195 of 231
Thanks for the meet Pavel, was really cool.
Was a first for me and I got to enjoy some really awesome gear and meet some friendly people.

(Omega's and Grado RS series is next on my buy list... and a proper amp)

I also realized at that meet that my DT990/600's are not for me. I tried them on some really beefy amps but in the end I realized I'm going to sell them to fund maybe an amp or an RS1(2).

Oh and that scotch/old port...sherry whatever its called was really great ! And that German beer was nice ( need to remind myself to pick some up )

Thanks again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back