Toronto GTA Meet January 2017 with Cayin!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 19, 2017 at 11:29 AM Post #77 of 95
Hi it's Ross again 
I am not sure if I am welcome as I have't been given the address?
ross

B) Are really, really, really new to Head-Fi.

I don't presume to speak for Paul but you only have 3 posts, all in this thread, and have joined just a few months ago. In my meets, I'd be hesitant to invite such new people. You haven't got a profile or feedback.

Security is very structured in my meets.

Jan 19, 2017 at 1:45 PM Post #78 of 95

Thats ok, understand my profile is 7 years old I have recently moved from OZ 

You have trust issues best I don't come as I would feel unwelcome thanks boys club

Just so you know my client list here in Canada since arriving are Virgin Bell CBC Red bull etc they don't have any trust issues 

Hope it goes well I will continue to get my info from Charles Park and the owners of the companies that supply and manufacture and the reviews who are friendly and full of knowledge.

your ross
thank you for your time

Jan 19, 2017 at 2:19 PM Post #79 of 95
Thats ok, understand my profile is 7 years old I have recently moved from OZ 

You have trust issues best I don't come as I would feel unwelcome thanks boys club

Just so you know my client list here in Canada since arriving are Virgin Bell CBC Red bull etc they don't have any trust issues 

Hope it goes well I will continue to get my info from Charles Park and the owners of the companies that supply and manufacture and the reviews who are friendly and full of knowledge.

your ross
thank you for your time

As I said, I don't speak for the organizer of the meet but he did say exactly why someone would be missed on the list and your current profile is only a couple of months old with no posts, not 7 years old.

I meant absolutely no offense or question your integrity at all.

Funny that you mention red bull because I've done a security analysis of one of their events and let's just say it was compromised.

Jan 19, 2017 at 7:57 PM Post #80 of 95
Well that escalated quickly...

@rosspul I really appreciate your enthusiasm in wanting to join our meet!  Head-Fi is full of passionate, smart, kind and enthusiastic people: I assure you, you are in very good company!  This community has given more than I can ever measure and I consider it a privilege to be part of.  The Toronto group is a small section and, in my eyes, represents the very cream of the crop.

I want to try to give you as clear an answer as I can to avoid any confusion about attendance.  

I'm hosting a meet and I am having who are essentially 25 strangers that I met on the internet into my building, into my home.  Those people are bringing their coveted gear that they spent much of their hard earned money on with them to share with these same strangers.  

All of these people are looking to me to ensure that they have a good time, to run the meet and to keep their stuff safe.  I take that responsibility extremely seriously and I hope that you can appreciate and respect why.  Because of the gravity of this responsibility and obligation I have to my guests, I have take who I let attened into careful consideration.  Sadly, I have few tools at my disposal to determine who would, or would not, be a good fit.

Although I don't know most people joining in real life, I have seen their posts over the years and from that I have come to know them, if only digitally.  I have come to know that they are all passionate, smart, kind and enthusiastic people from those posts.  More than that I know they are authentic: Authentic in their passion for our hobby and, more importantly, genuine in desire to part of this community.  They have all paid their dues over the years and given back to the community.  I don't see them as strangers, I see them as regulars.  

It is far from the most exacting tool for assessing if someone is or isn't a fit, but please understand it is all I have.  Someone like yourself, who has few posts, lacks those years of history here: you are the new kid on the block.  We were all there at some point, even FallenAngel.  There is nothing wrong with being new and I'm confident that Head-Fi will welcome you with open arms should you come here with a thirst for knowledge, a desire to learn & share and just a dash of humility.  But being new means that we, as a community, simply don't know you yet.

But we hope too one day.  

I am sorry that I can't extend an invite to you for this meet and I hope that you choose to participate on Head-Fi so that perhaps whoever hosts the next meet will be able to call you a regular and welcome you.

I hope you understand.

Respectfully,

-Paul

Jan 19, 2017 at 10:02 PM Post #81 of 95
Oh, also, there will be Wifi in the room.

I made sure of that today 
beerchug.gif

Jan 20, 2017 at 6:31 PM Post #83 of 95
Things are basically all done on my end: now I just get to enjoy!

When you get here, please call me on my cell to gain entry.  Don't try and sneak in or fuss with the buzzer: I won't be able to answer the buzzer because I'll be in the party room.

So you all tomorrow!

Jan 21, 2017 at 8:33 PM Post #85 of 95
Great meet everyone!! I had a ton of fun!!

Jan 21, 2017 at 9:26 PM Post #88 of 95
delete pls

Jan 21, 2017 at 9:33 PM Post #89 of 95
Can everyone move their meet impressions/reviews and photos to the  "Impressions Thread" below:

Create new thread in "Head-Fi Meet Impressions, Trade Show Reports, Factory Tours"

New Posts Toronto GTA Meet January 2017 with Cayin! Impressions,Reviews and Pics!

Jan 22, 2017 at 2:15 AM Post #90 of 95
Oh my god!! What an extremely well organized, beast of a meet. I am so grateful to have spent an afternoon with many, like-minded individuals who treat their sonics with respect and quality. Such a great array of nice people too. Thank you so much to all of you guys for allowing me and my bass-headed toys invade your world, especially to you PAULIE!!

I leave with my favourite quote of the day from PrimeNexus (Henry) " The SubPac is so stupid it's great."
That made me laugh hardcore. Thank you my friends!!

Talk soon and see you all at the next meet. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back