Toronto GTA Meet January 2017 with Cayin!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 10, 2017 at 5:35 PM Post #61 of 95
  Count me in for the meet. Thanks!

You have a PM!

Thanks for organizing and hosting @bigfatpaulie, looking forward to it! Also definitely looking forward to hearing that Cayin stack! 

My pleasure!  The Cayin stack is really, really good!  I think a lot of people will be surprised by it.  I feel like it offer the value of an Audio-GD product but with a fit and finish of a much, much more expensive piece of gear.  I'm quite impressed.

Did some juggling with my work on call schedule so I'll be there!
I'll bring the monster McIntosh MXA70 (same as MHA100 bit includes the McIntosh speakers) with Senn HD800 plus the AK300 with the HE400i & Shure SE846.
If anyone is interested in the Naim DAC-V1, which is an awesome DAC/HP Amp, let me know.

FANTASTIC!!  I'm so thrilled that you can make it and I was honestly really disappointed when you said that you couldn't make it.  Thank you for bringing the Mac: it's such a handsome unit!  A real show stopper.

Jan 10, 2017 at 11:29 PM Post #63 of 95
I am trying my best to make this meet. Would anyone have a spare laptop they could bring as I use a desktop PC at home?

If I make it, I will bring the HE-1000, Micro Zotl 2 with upgraded tubes + Illuminati power supply and the PWD mk2.

Jan 13, 2017 at 3:06 PM Post #64 of 95
Okay!

Everyone should have a PM with all the details and the list is updated.

If you DID NOT get a PM with the details from me, it's because you aren't on the list: I either missed you or I am missing information, so if you want to come, PM me.  The cut off is next Wednesday (the 18th).

See ya'll then!!

Jan 17, 2017 at 1:42 PM Post #69 of 95
Hi Everyone!!

The list is updated and nearly finalized - I'm just waiting to hear back from one person.

I am really sorry that some members that I could not include.  There will be a lot of gear there so I am keeping it limited to members with a few positive feed back or have more than 50 posts under the belt for safety.  Again, I appologize but it is for everyones safety.  Perhaps next time!

Jan 17, 2017 at 1:43 PM Post #70 of 95
Is it Ok for people to just show up?  Would be nice to have everyone involved, don't even have to bring gear.

Jan 17, 2017 at 1:46 PM Post #71 of 95
  Is it Ok for people to just show up?  Would be nice to have everyone involved, don't even have to bring gear.

No.  Please don't share the address, etc.  If someone shows up out of the blue/isn't on the list I won't let them in.

Stuff has gone missing at past meets and I certainly don't want that to happen at one of mine.  I am really trying to keep everyone in mind and act in the best interest of the group.

Jan 17, 2017 at 6:00 PM Post #72 of 95
Just a few more days to what is looking to be a phenomenal headphone meet!
FAVOUR:  Does anyone have a 'spare' tablet/laptop they could bring to the meet?
My two laptops are out of commission.
I have a memory stick loaded with my headphone test tracks that I'd like to use.
See y'all on Saturday  -  Bryan

Jan 17, 2017 at 6:38 PM Post #73 of 95
  Just a few more days to what is looking to be a phenomenal headphone meet!
FAVOUR:  Does anyone have a 'spare' tablet/laptop they could bring to the meet?
My two laptops are out of commission.
I have a memory stick loaded with my headphone test tracks that I'd like to use.
See y'all on Saturday  -  Bryan

I have you next to the Cayin stack which will have my laptop connected.  You can use that if needed.

See you on Saturday, Bryan!!  :)

Jan 17, 2017 at 10:54 PM Post #74 of 95

No.  Please don't share the address, etc.  If someone shows up out of the blue/isn't on the list I won't let them in.

Stuff has gone missing at past meets and I certainly don't want that to happen at one of mine.  I am really trying to keep everyone in mind and act in the best interest of the group.

For what it's worth, I agree with your stance here. This is already looking to be a great turn-out, and while in a perfect world it would be nice if we could be fully "open", that would benefit a very small number of people, while increasing risks for everyone else. It's unfortunate, but I guess the reality we live in, even here in Toronto. 

Jan 18, 2017 at 5:29 PM Post #75 of 95
Hi Everyone!

The list is updated and FINALIZED!!   (yay!)

If you are not on it, I don't have you down as attending and you don't have the address.

If you are not on it, either A) I never heard back from you on sometime or B) Are really, really, really new to Head-Fi.  I'm sorry to those that can't make it.

To rest, I can't wait until Saturday!  I think it will be an amazing time!!

-Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back