Toranku's Thoughts and Reviews (and target EQ filters!)
Feb 17, 2020 at 12:42 AM Post #947 of 1,546
MMR Homunculus review from me

* can I copy @toranku review*

Its weird, just too weird.

Stage is inverted inside out

Now that some magical crap went wrong

That need some weird engineering mistake to do that without digitally

Far away bass note sound intense and in head
Near field bass note sound hollow and away...

Vocal sound back which were meant to be intimate
Instrument smashes in which needs to smash in

Takes time to enjoy it.... If you wanna hear negative film of music

Last edited:
Feb 17, 2020 at 12:49 AM Post #948 of 1,546

I prefer just saying "garbage fire"

Subtonic Audio Cutting-edge artisanal in-ear monitors for discerning listeners. Proudly designed and manufactured in Singapore. Stay updated on Subtonic Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Subtonic.Audio https://www.instagram.com/subtonicaudio https://subtonic.audio support@subtonic.audio
Feb 17, 2020 at 4:13 AM Post #949 of 1,546

phase phở curry maybe?

cool shell designs tho

Last edited:
Feb 17, 2020 at 5:45 AM Post #950 of 1,546
So you guys are saying the Homunculus is so specially bad it's unique?

RY94iML0uWBUUn_PkzLjsZhcymfvv58AjIuGit4-D_Q.jpg

Feb 17, 2020 at 9:57 PM Post #951 of 1,546

That is exactly how I would have described it as well... I was shocked when I first heard it. I didn't know music can sound that way. The shape didn't help too and I was constantly worried it would slice my ear.

Feb 19, 2020 at 4:35 AM Post #952 of 1,546
Anyone know if the Hidition Violet's treble energy and space is better or equal to the Tia Fourte?

Feb 19, 2020 at 5:45 AM Post #953 of 1,546
Anyone know if the Hidition Violet's treble energy and space is better or equal to the Tia Fourte?

As somebody who has spent quite a bit of time auditioning various IEMs, including the Hidtion Violet and Tia Fourte, I've decided that the best sounding IEMs at least for my genres, which are 99% female Kpop and Jpop, are the IER-Z1R, A12T, and Viento-B. The issue with the IER-Z1R is that it did not fit my use case, but it was easily one of the best for my music. With the Hidition Violet, I've found that the increase in the bass region tended to muddy up the sound for me. The Tia Fourte sounded odd to me tonally especially with its dip in the mids. In my opinion, if you are looking at 64 Audio or Hidition, the best of their IEMs are A12T and the Viento-B. I've taken some of my kpop friends as they're interested in getting rid of their Andromedas and they all agreed with me and wondered why anybody would purchase Andromedas especially when the Viento exists at a fraction of the cost. The only issue is that you have to go to Korea to get it but you may as well plan a vacation out of it.

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2020 at 3:42 PM Post #955 of 1,546
no option to work with Hidition remotely, like you can with other custom manufacturers?

you can email them and buy it through email as an interntional customer.

Feb 20, 2020 at 3:53 AM Post #956 of 1,546
As somebody who has spent quite a bit of time auditioning various IEMs, including the Hidtion Violet and Tia Fourte, I've decided that the best sounding IEMs at least for my genres, which are 99% female Kpop and Jpop, are the IER-Z1R, A12T, and Viento-B. The issue with the IER-Z1R is that it did not fit my use case, but it was easily one of the best for my music. With the Hidition Violet, I've found that the increase in the bass region tended to muddy up the sound for me. The Tia Fourte sounded odd to me tonally especially with its dip in the mids. In my opinion, if you are looking at 64 Audio or Hidition, the best of their IEMs are A12T and the Viento-B. I've taken some of my kpop friends as they're interested in getting rid of their Andromedas and they all agreed with me and wondered why anybody would purchase Andromedas especially when the Viento exists at a fraction of the cost. The only issue is that you have to go to Korea to get it but you may as well plan a vacation out of it.
This is perfect, I'm looking at these for the same purpose. The fourte have less than desirable mids for my use. The problem with z1r is it's way too bassy for me. The a12 was good but also bassy, a18 was more for me, but I still preferred the fourte to it. So I was looking to the Violet, someone's description was exactly what I was looking for. I haven't had a chance to try any hidition so it's hard for me to choose. The Noble Khan's had good treble energy but the bass decay is too fast for me, I need a bit more bass.

Feb 21, 2020 at 2:18 AM Post #957 of 1,546
This is perfect, I'm looking at these for the same purpose. The fourte have less than desirable mids for my use. The problem with z1r is it's way too bassy for me. The a12 was good but also bassy, a18 was more for me, but I still preferred the fourte to it. So I was looking to the Violet, someone's description was exactly what I was looking for. I haven't had a chance to try any hidition so it's hard for me to choose. The Noble Khan's had good treble energy but the bass decay is too fast for me, I need a bit more bass.
Go for IER-M9 ler.

Feb 21, 2020 at 1:05 PM Post #958 of 1,546

Entirely different type of treble tonality where the Tia fourte is more mid treble centric (like qdc VX/Gemini) while violet has an mid-upper treble boost like Andromeda. Fourte has sharper imaging than violet but the positioning of instruments are odd as well as having a nasal uppermidrange.

Subtonic Audio Cutting-edge artisanal in-ear monitors for discerning listeners. Proudly designed and manufactured in Singapore. Stay updated on Subtonic Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Subtonic.Audio https://www.instagram.com/subtonicaudio https://subtonic.audio support@subtonic.audio
Feb 21, 2020 at 3:52 PM Post #959 of 1,546
Go for IER-M9 ler.

The IER-M9 is very good as an IEM but I just don't think it makes sense, especially when the Viento-B is the same price and you can get it in custom for about $50 more. I've taken my kpop friends to the audio store and they agreed with me that the Viento-B is probably one of the greatest IEMs that they've heard. It's a top of the line IEM for mid-fi price.

I think that if one is looking to buy the M9, they should seriously consider the Viento-B. In my opinion, it has better timbre and transients. Despite being BA bass, I think it's very good. It has a sweet midrange with clarity and sounds great with female vocals as my collection is 99% kpop and jpop. It has very good technicalities, not as good as the U12T or qdc Anole VX to my ears, but it absolutely kills those two IEMs in tonality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back