Toranku's Thoughts and Reviews (and target EQ filters!)
Oct 10, 2019 at 11:05 PM Post #691 of 1,546
About damn time to settle down brother.
about damnnn time :D feels good that i finally pull a trigger on a correct set for me to stop finding more.

Oct 10, 2019 at 11:31 PM Post #693 of 1,546
Same, it's one of the only IEMs I don't desire anything more from.
M9 is just too overlooked. Less hype not sure why. The sound is so amazingly balance.

Oct 10, 2019 at 11:44 PM Post #694 of 1,546
M9 is just too overlooked. Less hype not sure why. The sound is so amazingly balance.

From my experience, the M9 has the most neutral (in a good way) sound signature of all the IEMs I’ve tried. And on top of that it retains rich timbre and above average soundstage. Only my preference leaned toward having more punchy dynamics and more forward mid-range (out of the WM1A). However the N6ii (A01) pairing fixed a lot of those issues I was having.

Oct 10, 2019 at 11:58 PM Post #695 of 1,546
From my experience, the M9 has the most neutral (in a good way) sound signature of all the IEMs I’ve tried. And on top of that it retains rich timbre and above average soundstage. Only my preference leaned toward having more punchy dynamics and more forward mid-range (out of the WM1A). However the N6ii (A01) pairing fixed a lot of those issues I was having.
sourced of apple dongle or s10plus currently so far. Doesnt have much time with other sources yet, will do balance on 9038s later this weekend; xcan, es100 etc. So, far the midrange is really good with vocals being so airy and realism. The tonality is the best from BA ive heard so far. Scary how perfect M9 sounds that fit my preference.

Oct 11, 2019 at 5:35 AM Post #696 of 1,546

Probably less hyped because the Z1R got released not long after. (Wrongly) gets middle child treatment I think? It’s a good IEM.

Oct 11, 2019 at 9:38 AM Post #697 of 1,546
Probably less hyped because the Z1R got released not long after. (Wrongly) gets middle child treatment I think? It’s a good IEM.
but ier z1r is basically different tuning.

Oct 11, 2019 at 11:44 AM Post #698 of 1,546
but ier z1r is basically different tuning.

I agree - the Z1R should be considered separate from the M7/M9. However, when you get three product releases by the same brand in a short period of time, people are going to lump them together.

I see a lot of "expensive is better" attitudes, especially in my local audio community, so it's not that surprising to see the middle-priced M9 be underrated.

Oct 11, 2019 at 11:47 AM Post #699 of 1,546
I agree - the Z1R should be considered separate from the M7/M9. However, when you get three product releases by the same brand in a short period of time, people are going to lump them together.

I see a lot of "expensive is better" attitudes, especially in my local audio community, so it's not that surprising to see the middle-priced M9 be underrated.
the "expensive is better" attitudes is really bad to me. It's okay at least ive found this holy grail :)

Oct 11, 2019 at 2:50 PM Post #701 of 1,546
Oct 11, 2019 at 3:30 PM Post #703 of 1,546
Ha ha, at least it shows the close frequency response...
Of course it won't sound the same, just saying it's not as basically as you are saying :wink:
Not sure what are u saying but they are totally different in real life.

Oct 12, 2019 at 10:17 AM Post #705 of 1,546
@toranku Do you recommend the Z1R for any use case vs alternatives? Also how does your SH3 compare to the M9?

Z1R has a unique v-shaped signature. I find it's mids to be the bottleneck since its just...unimpressive next to the high resolution bass and treble. I cant think of things that sound somewhat similar to the Z1R other than the sony stuff like z5 and n3. I haven't AB'd SH3 to M9 yet..

Subtonic Audio Cutting-edge artisanal in-ear monitors for discerning listeners. Proudly designed and manufactured in Singapore. Stay updated on Subtonic Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Subtonic.Audio https://www.instagram.com/subtonicaudio https://subtonic.audio support@subtonic.audio

Users who are viewing this thread

Back