Tor Audio Headphone Amps.
Sep 26, 2020 at 8:09 AM Post #31 of 209
I see...on the photos/review video there is only a 4 pin xlr output to see. I will ask! But the xlr>SE cable that comes with the amp suggests also, that the XLR output is in fact an SE. Otherwise I can not imagine how this cable does not blow up the amp.

Sep 26, 2020 at 9:26 AM Post #33 of 209
Must be a typo error on the website. I've checked, all models have the same output connector, but the pics and video reviews on the net show differently

yes, I thought soo. But it still does not answer the question about the adapter cable. Anyway, I asked Tor audio about it, let’s see...

Sep 27, 2020 at 5:44 AM Post #34 of 209
I got an answer for my question:
“XLR>6/3 converter cable - The cable simply contains two connected ground pins, which are separate when balanced.”

Not sure where is a ground to begin with, but I will leave it at that now. If I have the cable/equipment I will do some basic measuring.

I really like the communication thus far. I asked 3 questions in two mails and I got back an answer for every one. Nice!

The amplifiers are seems to be made for order, I got the information, that an other one will be first finished then comes mine. No problem for me, I am in rush.

Last edited:
Sep 28, 2020 at 10:58 AM Post #37 of 209
I did research a bit more. The thing is, that a transformer coupled balanced amplifier indeed has no problem with the afformentioned xlr>6/3 cable. If the transformstor is not coupled to earth and it is symmetrical winded, than connecting such a cable would form a center tap and thus a ground connection.

However! The same cable would blow up my Pathos Inpol Ear amplifier. In matter of fact, all semiconductor based amplifier. (Or trigger some protection circuit).

Oct 27, 2020 at 8:00 AM Post #40 of 209
I haven't got mine till now.

Nov 19, 2020 at 9:18 AM Post #42 of 209
Still not here. It reached Hungary yesterday (after two weeks in Ukraine).

Now I have to start the customs process. If you ask me it needs another two weeks till it’s here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back