Tor Audio Headphone Amps.
Mar 24, 2020 at 3:36 PM Post #16 of 209
I've been using a Tor Audio Nick that I purchased 2nd hand for about 4 months now, and it's the best sounding amplifier I've ever used. My DAC is a Khadas Tone Board, and I use the Nick with either my Elex, or HD6XX, and it's an absolutely incredible setup. I wasn't much of a believer in tubes before buying this, but I saw it for a good price and decided to go for it. I was using the THX 789 with the SDAC Balanced before this, and I sold them both after using the Nick for a week. The low end hits harder, the soundstage is improved, and there's a warmth that I can't verbally describe. I really didn't think an amplifier could make this much of a difference. Since it's an output transformer coupled amplifier, I am able to use all of my headphones with it, including my low impedance once like the AD1000x (although the volume knob needs to be really low).

I think Tor is a majorly overlooked brand, although I haven't tried anything with a DAC in it, or the higher end models, I'm sure they are just as deserving of such a praise. This is very nice stuff.

Apr 28, 2020 at 9:22 AM Post #17 of 209
Anyway, Zeos aside, has ANYONE any experience with Tor Audio headphone amps? I'd also like to know, and I'm sure there's plenty of other curious tube fans.

I emailed them once asking if they'd be interested in sending a demo unit for a meet, of course to no avail (no response at all). Granted, they're in Ukraine.

I miiight just pull the trigger on their 'Roger' headamp, in which case I'll report back. I've had luck with Ukrainian audio devices before. Some great designers over there.
So did you buy a tor amp. Wish tor would show noise, crosstalk, thd numbers. No one but zeos has reviewed tor. 14 day return policy, how much is shipping back, restocking fee? How much do same backup replacement tubes cost

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2020 at 9:43 AM Post #18 of 209
So did you buy a tor amp. Wish tor would show niose, crosstslk, thd numbers. No one but zeos has review tor
Zeos loved the $960 balanced xlr out tube out connection to the headphone. Beezer reports his latest hybrid $2000 t4 tube amp uses single ended rca out, not balanced xlr out in the headphone connection. Due to safety concerns if the hybrid amp blows up with a 240 volt problem. Wonder if the tor balanced amp is safe, long term.

Last edited:
Aug 16, 2020 at 12:16 PM Post #22 of 209
Subscribed.

Hi
I have purchased a Toraudio Balanced amp. Its finished and has been posted but is stuck in customs in Ukraine for up to 10 days thanks the covid19 stuff.

I will post once I have it and have given it a week to run in. So three to four weeks time.

Let us know how it sounds!

Sep 13, 2020 at 7:59 AM Post #23 of 209
Anyone tried any of the tor products ? seems very mysterious

Sep 22, 2020 at 3:57 PM Post #25 of 209
Hi!

Did you get the amp?

Hi
I have purchased a Toraudio Balanced amp. Its finished and has been posted but is stuck in customs in Ukraine for up to 10 days thanks the covid19 stuff.

I will post once I have it and have given it a week to run in. So three to four weeks time.

Sep 26, 2020 at 6:36 AM Post #27 of 209
I did order today a balanced...Let’s see how it turns out. I will be trying it with a ZMF verité, a Grado Hemp and the Campfire Cascade. I am most curious about the noise level of the amp, while the Grado Hemp is really sensitive!

Sep 26, 2020 at 7:04 AM Post #28 of 209
this one "Fully Balanced Headphone Tube amplifier" ? I am interested in this amp too.
Why does it have only SE headphone out if it is "Fully Balanced"?

Sep 26, 2020 at 7:12 AM Post #29 of 209
where do you see an SE output?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back