TOPPING NX1 Portable Headphone Amplifier Impressions Thread
Mar 17, 2015 at 1:21 PM Post #1,726 of 2,185
peter 123., thanks for thast,  you got me now...as I would be using the grado 325i and the senn hd 580.......damn

Mar 17, 2015 at 3:24 PM Post #1,727 of 2,185
You can also get it from the Schiit website, I do believe that they have options for different power adapters (UK, EU etc) there as well.

One word of advice though: although the Magni is a great amp I find it to be one of ny least preferred ones for my Grado 325is but Ymmv......

Thing is that Schiit stuff is crazy expensive in europe. Prices don't translate into euros but into uk pounds. So 100usd is about 150usd when it get's here. It doesn't matter if you buy it through schiit.com or some european retailer. I've had some good experience with schiit stuff in the past but I don't know if I'd by it again because of the diminishing bang for the buck factor with the currencies, taxes and stuff... Rather have something shipped from china.

Mar 17, 2015 at 3:32 PM Post #1,728 of 2,185

Thing is that Schiit stuff is crazy expensive in europe. Prices don't translate into euros but into uk pounds. So 100usd is about 150usd when it get's here. It doesn't matter if you buy it through schiit.com or some european retailer. I've had some good experience with schiit stuff in the past but I don't know if I'd by it again because of the diminishing bang for the buck factor with the currencies, taxes and stuff... Rather have something shipped from china.

Actually, things improved a few months ago. The UK dealer is http://www.electromod.co.uk/schiit-audio/ and, although their prices were pounds for dollars a while back, they aren't too bad now. Worth checking, anyway.

Mar 17, 2015 at 3:58 PM Post #1,729 of 2,185

Yeah, I know it might be import duties but that is different for each country so where you live and the prices you local dealer (if there's one) will devide whether it's logical or not to get it from the US. My intention was just to offer an option to Amazon.com where he could get it with a Uk plug.

If one wants the Magni it's not just to buy some random Chinese amp and hope for the same performance just to avoid taxes......

Mar 17, 2015 at 5:19 PM Post #1,730 of 2,185
You can also get it from the Schiit website, I do believe that they have options for different power adapters (UK, EU etc) there as well.

One word of advice though: although the Magni is a great amp I find it to be one of ny least preferred ones for my Grado 325is but Ymmv......

I believe there's a site called electromod I think which stocks schiit amps in the UK. Just Google Schiit magni UK and I think its the first search result. Either that or ebay, theres been a lot of Schiit products turning up on there recently.

Mar 17, 2015 at 5:33 PM Post #1,731 of 2,185
Thanks for the Schiit audio uk link, looks good....

Mar 17, 2015 at 5:34 PM Post #1,732 of 2,185
  Thanks for the Schiit audio uk link, looks good....

Sorry by the way to bomb this thread.....hopefully this will be it for now, thanks to a headfi ers  help...etc

Mar 18, 2015 at 4:54 AM Post #1,734 of 2,185
So besides the carbon tenore what other IEMs unders $50 goes well with thr nx1?

I have been using NX1 mainly with KZ EDSE and ES (two el cheapo IEMs from China). They sound fantabulously awesome with improved sound stage, detail, and clarity.

Have also been using Havi B3 Pro 1s with NX1, they too sound pretty good with NX1 than using it directly on my audio sources.

Mar 18, 2015 at 6:41 AM Post #1,735 of 2,185

So besides the carbon tenore what other IEMs unders $50 goes well with thr nx1?

I have been using NX1 mainly with KZ EDSE and ES (two el cheapo IEMs from China). They sound fantabulously awesome with improved sound stage, detail, and clarity.

Have also been using Havi B3 Pro 1s with NX1, they too sound pretty good with NX1 than using it directly on my audio sources.

+1

My EDSE also sound much better with NX1. I also have B3 Pro1 but don't like its sound signature, it's pretty dry for me. Not a fun sound. 

Mar 18, 2015 at 4:44 PM Post #1,736 of 2,185
Anyone got any comparisons between the NX2 and the Fiio e18. I love my e18 but it's just too big really as an on the go solution for me. If the NX2 is comparable I might consider it. Things I am considering:
1. Is it as neutral as the NX1 as I actually like the warmer sound of the e18 with my ue900 which are primarily my on the go solution.
2. Does it suffer badly with emi as that would annoy me a lot if it was frequent when piggy backing a phone in my pocket.
3. What's the battery life like?
4. Is it compatible with the Note 3
Cheers guys!

Mar 19, 2015 at 3:01 AM Post #1,737 of 2,185
I've just got this amp thank to you guys
beerchug.gif
. Very well built and sound good for its price. A little disappointed with the noise level when pairing with my Flat 4 Nami though (even on low gain). 
I gonna using it with the ipod shuffle and Iphone 4s, should i get the fiio LOD, will it improve the sound quality? And when connect to the headphone out should i lower the phone volume or set it on high?

Mar 19, 2015 at 5:59 AM Post #1,738 of 2,185
  I've just got this amp thank to you guys
beerchug.gif
. Very well built and sound good for its price. A little disappointed with the noise level when pairing with my Flat 4 Nami though (even on low gain). 
I gonna using it with the ipod shuffle and Iphone 4s, should i get the fiio LOD, will it improve the sound quality? And when connect to the headphone out should i lower the phone volume or set it on high?

I've always heard 75% volume on the source if you're using headphone out. I'd definitely get the FiiO LOD cable to use with the shuffle and 4S, it'll bypass the internal amps of the units and avoid unwanted coloration of the sound.

Mar 20, 2015 at 12:48 PM Post #1,739 of 2,185
Anyone got any comparisons between the NX2 and the Fiio e18. I love my e18 but it's just too big really as an on the go solution for me. If the NX2 is comparable I might consider it. Things I am considering:
1. Is it as neutral as the NX1 as I actually like the warmer sound of the e18 with my ue900 which are primarily my on the go solution.
2. Does it suffer badly with emi as that would annoy me a lot if it was frequent when piggy backing a phone in my pocket.
3. What's the battery life like?
4. Is it compatible with the Note 3
Cheers guys!

Just looked at NX2 topology and it is pretty much an NX1 without gain switch, plus an PCM2704 based DAC. I'll expect any kind of sonic difference will be minimum as a pure amp.

Mar 20, 2015 at 12:58 PM Post #1,740 of 2,185
Just looked at NX2 topology and it is pretty much an NX1 without gain switch, plus an PCM2704 based DAC. I'll expect any kind of sonic difference will be minimum as a pure amp.
That's actually cool. Sticking to NX1's legacy, which is neutral sound. Amp should serve their purpose which is just amping.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back