TOPPING NX1 Portable Headphone Amplifier Impressions Thread
Aug 13, 2014 at 10:11 PM Post #736 of 2,185
Where's the best place to buy this thing? I'm thinking about buying this thing because I'ld like a cheap (but quality) amp. DX has it for the lowest price, but it seems like you have to have an account on DX to buy things from it? Can you delete the account afterwards? What are people's experiences with this?

Aug 14, 2014 at 2:49 AM Post #737 of 2,185
  Where's the best place to buy this thing? I'm thinking about buying this thing because I'ld like a cheap (but quality) amp. DX has it for the lowest price, but it seems like you have to have an account on DX to buy things from it? Can you delete the account afterwards? What are people's experiences with this?

Have heard some sketch stuff about dx, bhazard saying in 2 previous orders his order had items jacked by employees. Otherwise I just hear how orders take forever to get as virtue of being overseas shipment. Personally I don't care about making accounts as dx itself is a legit site.

Personally I just pulled the trigger myself and grabbed one from amazon and should get it on Friday. If something does go awry I have no doubt I can get matters all settled out with amazon support.

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com
Aug 14, 2014 at 2:55 AM Post #738 of 2,185
I see one on the UK Ebay but not USA. The UK one is cheap at around £22.

Here's a curious thing.....

The nx1 is way louder than the Mont Blanc into a 32 Ohm load. For some reason. The Mont Blanc is quoted at 16x but it matches the nx1 only at low power. It reminds me of the time when I found the k 601 worked brilliantly with a cheap CMoy. Well matched.

It seems that the nx1 likes a 32 ohm load.

It's quoted at 130mW per Channel into 32Ω.

Mont Blanc Output Power:
>880mW@32Ω

What on earth is going on?

Aug 14, 2014 at 4:48 AM Post #739 of 2,185
I see one on the UK Ebay but not USA. The UK one is cheap at around £22.

Here's a curious thing.....

The nx1 is way louder than the Mont Blanc into a 32 Ohm load. For some reason. The Mont Blanc is quoted at 16x but it matches the nx1 only at low power. It reminds me of the time when I found the k 601 worked brilliantly with a cheap CMoy. Well matched.

It seems that the nx1 likes a 32 ohm load.

It's quoted at 130mW per Channel into 32Ω.

Mont Blanc Output Power:
>880mW@32Ω

What on earth is going on?

E12 is designed to be super efficient throughout. It drive all cans efficiently up to 600Ohms.

Aug 14, 2014 at 5:48 AM Post #740 of 2,185

I suggest using Amazon. I picked one up when it was $38. Even at the current $42 I think it's a better option than DX. You know you'll get it fast and it has a hassle-free 30 day return policy. To me, that's worth the extra $2-6 dollars.

Aug 15, 2014 at 8:12 PM Post #743 of 2,185
Has the SMSL SAP-5 dethroned the NX1?

Aug 17, 2014 at 12:11 PM Post #747 of 2,185
Had this NX1 for a few days but keep getting lots of interference noise, like a sort of squeaking , similar to a cell phone when it's near a landline phone. I'm using ii with an iphone. Has anyone had this prob?

Many amps with this style of build suffer from interference when close to cell or wireless phones.

Normally it isn't an issue unless someone is dead set on having it paired up with their cell for portable or carried in the same pocket as their rig.

$38 is bound to have some downsides.

Aug 17, 2014 at 12:21 PM Post #749 of 2,185
Many amps with this style of build suffer from interference when close to cell or wireless phones.

Normally it isn't an issue unless someone is dead set on having it paired up with their cell for portable or carried in the same pocket as their rig.

$38 is bound to have some downsides.

Ye thought that maybe the case but thanks for confirming it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back