Topping DX7 Pro - DAC and balanced headphone AMP with ES9038pro and Bluetooth 5.0
Nov 22, 2019 at 5:57 AM Post #61 of 507
I got email from topping "For the Audirvana 3.5.26, we did not have a chance to test the version yet, but it is newer than ours. In theory, it is no problem to use it."

Dec 8, 2019 at 1:05 PM Post #66 of 507
Torn between this, the JDS Labs Element II or JDS Labs AMP II + a standalone dac... Not sure what to get. :confused:

Dec 8, 2019 at 3:50 PM Post #67 of 507
Torn between this, the JDS Labs Element II or JDS Labs AMP II + a standalone dac... Not sure what to get. :confused:
Just for the sake of convenience alone I would go for the DX7 Pro : all in one no cable and a remote to drive dac inputs and amp volume.
Not to mention the superior dac of the Dx7 pro. The only area the JDS wins is amplification but honestly the DX7 pro has way enough even when driving my now sold 600 Ohm Beyerdynamic T1s. It has a healthy power reserve and enough to injure your hearing.
Also keep in mind I picked this, downgrading from a Chord Hugo 2 and do not regret doing so to this day :gift_heart:

Dec 16, 2019 at 3:55 AM Post #68 of 507
Question:

Other than switching to DAC mode, which requires booting into System Settings, is -00.0dB ideal when feeding a secondary Amp?

It sounds really good. No distortion. So I think it's correct. But just looking for a second opinion.

@PinkyPowers,

If the DX7 Pro is the source then as a general rule, louder it should be than whatever the secondary amp volume levels are.

The important thing to remember, whatever the source device is, whether volume control is controlled via computer or on the unit, it should be as loud as it should can be without clipping &/or distortion or to your preference following those guidlines.
In this way, you can adjust your secondary amp to whatever's comfortable for listening, provided there is no clipping &/or distortion either via the secondary.

Hope this makes sense.

By the way, keep up the good work on those reviews !

Hope you have a great day !

Dec 18, 2019 at 7:04 PM Post #69 of 507
Does anyone have any experience with HD800S and this dac/amp and can comment on the pairing?

Dec 19, 2019 at 1:49 PM Post #70 of 507
The clarity is quite remarkable even at lower volumes. Also, the separation of all the instruments and sounds unfolds naturally as dynamics changes. I couldn’t notice distortions when the sound volume went higher.

All in all, very clean sound and a great listening experience.
1.jpg

Dec 19, 2019 at 1:55 PM Post #71 of 507
The clarity is quite remarkable even at lower volumes. Also, the separation of all the instruments and sounds unfolds naturally as dynamics changes. I couldn’t notice distortions when the sound volume went higher.

All in all, very clean sound and a great listening experience.

I am def going the topping Dx7 Pro, my only issue now is my HD800S are the new revision with the fixed yoke and the 4.4 balanced instead of XLR. I need to find a good XLR adapter or a new cable completely.

Dec 19, 2019 at 3:41 PM Post #72 of 507
I am def going the topping Dx7 Pro, my only issue now is my HD800S are the new revision with the fixed yoke and the 4.4 balanced instead of XLR. I need to find a good XLR adapter or a new cable completely.
what are you talking about ?! The Dx7 pro has a 4.4mm balanced output, so I really don't understand your issue here ?N

Dec 19, 2019 at 4:26 PM Post #73 of 507
what are you talking about ?! The Dx7 pro has a 4.4mm balanced output, so I really don't understand your issue here ?N

Wow I appreciate that, I honestly overlooked that and thought that was a 3.5mm as I didn’t look at spec sheets. This dac/amp is perfect. Now I just need to find one now at a good price. the drop is over and APOS won’t price match it cause it has ended unfortunately.

Dec 20, 2019 at 3:55 AM Post #74 of 507
Guys anyone enquiring about DX7 Pro / HD 800 synergy should check this video out :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back