Topping DX7 Pro - DAC and balanced headphone AMP with ES9038pro and Bluetooth 5.0
Oct 25, 2019 at 5:19 PM Post #31 of 507
Nov 3, 2019 at 5:31 PM Post #33 of 507
I can't figure out how to get in to DAC mode. Any tips?
Thanks

I shared this with you over PM just now. But it's valuable info for the thread at large, so...

Power it off. Then hold down the wheel button while you power it back on. This will take you into a settings mode, which allows you access to a few features that cannot be found any other way. Like DAC Mode.
Because this is so much of a hassle, I don't bother. When I'm outputting to other amps, I use the XLR pre-amp setting, and volume set to 00.0dB, which is max. Then I just let the amp I'm connected to decide the real volume. Sounds perfect to me.

But if you don't plan to be doing a lot of switching between headphone out, pre-out, and DAC Mode, then you might as well just set it to DAC Mode and be done.

Nov 4, 2019 at 1:22 PM Post #34 of 507
I shared this with you over PM just now. But it's valuable info for the thread at large, so...
Thanks Pinky for the PM and the post. Worked great, excellent information.
I am very impressed with the Topping DX7 Pro. I replaced a MiniDSP HD on my desktop based on the ASR reviews of both the Topping and the Mini. Strong upgrade. Highly recommended!
Thanks again P.

Nov 4, 2019 at 5:21 PM Post #35 of 507
Does DX7 Pro sound as good as ifi Pro iDSD? DX7 doesn't do upsampling does it?

Have you tried DX7 or iDSD with ZMF Verite? I wonder which amp would be better for Verite.

Is DX7 good fit for Focal Stellia (35 ohm) cans?

Last edited:
Nov 4, 2019 at 9:01 PM Post #36 of 507
Does DX7 Pro sound as good as ifi Pro iDSD? DX7 doesn't do upsampling does it?

Have you tried DX7 or iDSD with ZMF Verite? I wonder which amp would be better for Verite.

Is DX7 good fit for Focal Stellia (35 ohm) cans?

My ZMF Atticus plays beautifully with the DX7 Pro.

Nov 14, 2019 at 10:45 PM Post #37 of 507
Nov 16, 2019 at 5:29 PM Post #41 of 507
Just started listening to it. I'm coming from the ifi nano bl and the first thing i noticed is that the DX7 Pro sounds wider. Can't really discern a lot of differences right now but i practically bought it for the 4.4mm.
I thought IFI Micro BL was the direct competition. Since both cost the same. I am interested in the sound quality and with which headphones did you pair it?

Nov 16, 2019 at 10:18 PM Post #42 of 507
I thought IFI Micro BL was the direct competition. Since both cost the same. I am interested in the sound quality and with which headphones did you pair it?
I only have the nano. In any case, i mostly use IEMs and the one i use most currently is the fourte. I'm very bad at describing things, but it did sound wider and punchier when i was listening with it on the the DX7 Pro versus the nano.

Last edited:
Nov 19, 2019 at 5:57 AM Post #43 of 507
Does your dx7Pro play DSD? I tried to play some files in Audirvana and ... nothing. Topping shows 176.4 kHz but there is no sound.
I used files from https://www.oppodigital.com/hra/dsd-by-davidelias.aspx

I tried DoP, it worked with Burson Conductor 3 just fine. Maybe Dx7Pro supports DSD in native mode only?

Last edited:
Nov 19, 2019 at 6:49 AM Post #44 of 507
Does your dx7Pro play DSD? I tried to play some files in Audirvana and ... nothing. Topping shows 176.4 kHz but there is no sound.
I used files from https://www.oppodigital.com/hra/dsd-by-davidelias.aspx

I tried DoP, it worked with Burson Conductor 3 just fine. Maybe Dx7Pro supports DSD in native mode only?

Audirvana > WASAPI Exclusive > DX7Pro - Plays DSD 64 and DSD128 fine (showing 5.64MHz and 2.82MHz respectively)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back