TOPPING DX3 Pro
Nov 29, 2018 at 1:25 PM Post #31 of 160
Ordered DX3 from Chinese eBay seller on 2018-11-21, received email from seller on 2018-11-26 stating:

We have to tell you some information about Topping DX3 PRO.
This product has just been listed, manufacturers can not give us the goods so quickly, our staff has negotiated with them, they said they will ask the factory to provide a batch of goods as soon as possible, as far as possible to issue this week.Now, every company is urging them, because everyone has no goods to send, but all machines will choose to be delivered by DHL, which takes about seven days,please wait for patiently.
In addition,eBay will ask us to fill in the tracking number, the tracking number is correct, but if you can't track it next week, please contact me, I will contact the courier and check it for you.
Thanks for understanding.

Sounds like there are some supply-side issues with the DX3. As of 2018-11-29 I still haven't gotten a shipping notice. Maybe I should have ordered from aliexpress instead..

I also see they are listed on Amazon but the shipping window there is into mid-January. I guess the Massdrop ship date of 2019-01-04 isn't looking so bad now.

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2018 at 2:14 PM Post #34 of 160
do you like it?

Yep! Now, I don't have anything high end to compare it to. All I had up until now is a Fulla 2, to which it's clearly superior in power and clarity.

Really the only thing I could wish for is an output select button on the face to go between headphones and the line out without using the remote. Otherwise it's a perfect desktop solution for me.

Dec 2, 2018 at 9:21 AM Post #38 of 160
What a ridiculous rule, I knew there was a reason I never come here anymore.

Why don't you post the link here and see if the Mods delete it - because I don't believe they will - if it is informative for all of us.

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2018 at 12:47 PM Post #39 of 160
Hmm... I read everything over on the other forum. I listened carefully and sure enough there is a click. It's so quiet on mine that I did not notice anything until I was listening for it specifically. I hope they do some kind of firmware update to fix this.

Dec 2, 2018 at 12:58 PM Post #40 of 160
That's quite bad news for these of us who have already purchased this item already. Mine should be arriving in week or so, so only option in this case is either wait for a fix (if one will be possible on units that are already built), or send it back.

I'm still in the process of going over that long discussion on the other forum, but is there any info about response from Topping or some info about the culprit/fix?

EDIT: ok, went over the relevant pages (I think). So its a mechanical clicking of relay, happening between streams of music. While this is indeed annoying, and for me will be an issue (I think it will annoy everyone in my office :)), it isn't a random clicking sound from the headphones output as I've initially imagined. Lets hope Topping are able to fix this after all, at this point no one can guess if this is something a firmware change can fix or not.

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2018 at 12:00 PM Post #42 of 160
Not pleased to hear about the 'click' issue on forum-who-must-not-be-named, but my primary use of the DX3 is going to be for console/pc gaming with optical out from my TV into the DX3 so I don't think I will be affected by that particular issue.

It is encouraging to see that a Topping rep posted a reply in that thread, acknowledging the issue and reporting that they are working on a fix via firmware.

Dec 4, 2018 at 10:11 AM Post #43 of 160
I got mine ..... does this thing destroy IEMs with a Mic (i.e. TRRS)? It ran fine for me for a while and then fried the right channel .. headphone destroyed. Tested it with a cheap crapphone off a phone I never use anyway ... fried the right again .. cracked it open and measured voltages ... I have about 0-0.4V on a working left channel ... and nearly 5V onm the right. Lovely.

Dec 5, 2018 at 9:46 PM Post #44 of 160
I got mine ..... does this thing destroy IEMs with a Mic (i.e. TRRS)? It ran fine for me for a while and then fried the right channel .. headphone destroyed. Tested it with a cheap crapphone off a phone I never use anyway ... fried the right again .. cracked it open and measured voltages ... I have about 0-0.4V on a working left channel ... and nearly 5V onm the right. Lovely.
I have the unit and am quite happy with it, but haven't plugged in an earphone with a 3.5mm TRRS remote-enabled cable. @jwong, do you have a response for that? It's likely to be a common enough use case at this price point. @voon, could you give us the precise model name of the earphones that you had issues with (~open circuit on the right)?

Dec 5, 2018 at 9:52 PM Post #45 of 160
I have the unit and am quite happy with it, but haven't plugged in an earphone with a 3.5mm TRRS remote-enabled cable. @jwong, do you have a response for that? It's likely to be a common enough use case at this price point. @voon, could you give us the precise model name of the earphones that you had issues with (~open circuit on the right)?

Nope, I've used it with a couple of IEMs but they didn't have mics, so no experience with that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back