TOPPING DX3 Pro

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by Charente, Sep 7, 2018.
Page 1 of 2
Next

Last
  1. Charente
    As a satisfied user of the Topping NX4DSD I watch for any new Topping developments ... I spotted this announcement on their website ... I don't know if it has already been alerted on Head-Fi.

http://en.tpdz.net/news_detail/newsId=85.html

Not too much info yet ... but what they do reveal is worthy of consideration IMO.

Baten and NotKunvinced like this.
  2. Charente
    What caught my eye is quote ... "up to 1000mW x 2@32ohm load" .. per channel.

3. Charente
    Not sure if this is the right category for this device ... but perhaps as a 'transportable' ?

4. Merkurio
    I think it belongs to the full-size headphone amps section, because it isn't a battery powered device.. :)

Thanks for sharing anyway, seems like an amazing combo.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2018
  5. newtophones07
    Can't you post the details, the link is coming up empty for me. Maybe it's my ad blocker

6. Charente
    Sure ...

[​IMG]

TOPPING's DX3 Pro DAC & Headphone amplifier is coming around the end of October.
    There's 4 output mode of DX3 Pro: Headphone amp only, Headphone amp + Line out, DAC only, Pre-amplifier. DX3 Pro is suitable for almost all usage scenarios.
    DX3 Pro is using XMOS XU208 + 2 x AK4493 + OPA1612 to support up to 32bit768kHz PCM decoding and DSD512 native decoding of USB input. Besides, DX3 Pro has 2 x Coaxial and 1 x Optical input which support up to 24bit192kHz PCM decoding. DX3 Pro also has bluetooth input which support SBC, ACC, APTX, APTX-II, APTX-HD transmission.
    We also made efforts on Headphone amp of DX3 Pro. It's output power is up to 1000mW x 2@32ohm load and 125mW x 2@300ohm, which is almost suitable for all headphones. Another point which is worth to mentioning is, output impedance of it is no higher than 0.1 ohm (Probably it will be even lower at retail version).
    Stay tuned for more information.

7. Charente
    Yes, you're right ... apologies for mis-categorising !

8. VintageFlanker
    On Reddit some mentioned a price of 200-250$. Wich is quite surprising (I mean CHEAP) for a double AK4493 DAC/Amp of this size: see the 6,3 output...the entire unit seems pretty big, in the same league of, say, an AGD NFB-11.

It's only unbalanced (no XLR outputs), that doesn't bother me. For a balanced solution, you should think about DX7S.

Looks like Topping heard the complains about DX7 and A30 high impedance.

Sounds promising so far!!:L3000:

Charente likes this.
  9. Jimi Zine
    Any word on UK release/accessibility??

10. VintageFlanker
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2018
  11. Charente
  12. VintageFlanker
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2018
    Charente likes this.
  13. Charente
    Now to wait for it to show up in Europe ! Audiophonics in France usually sell Topping so hopefully they will import this one.

14. VintageFlanker
    They will. Topping is well distributed in UE by them or Amazon. As far as I know, the entire line is available.

(Et en général, ils ont même une dispo assez rapide après le lancement ! :wink:)

Charente likes this.
  15. Deftone
    I think im gonna pick this up, i really like the sound of the cheapo D10, they also measure very well compared to most budget DACs.

Page 1 of 2
Next

Last