TOPPING DX3 Pro
Aug 12, 2019 at 1:30 PM Post #122 of 160
Hello, I am thinking about one of these units and want to ask a couple of questions:

1. Is the Bluetooth feature both to Receive AND to Transmit Bluetooth? I am wondering if I can use this unit and send LDAC signals to my wireless LDAC headphones? I assume it can receive signals from a DAP.

2. I am wondering if anyone has an opinion of the sound quality if this DAC vs the D10?

Sep 10, 2019 at 10:21 AM Post #127 of 160
Somehow the volume is very low, no matter what I do.

Running on USB mode with Windows 10 and headphone mode.
You can also try adjusting the gain by using the M button on the remote control. Low gain is 0 db and high is 9 db.

To use the remote you need to buy a CR2032 battery, which should be included but is not.

Sep 10, 2019 at 12:53 PM Post #128 of 160
Been pretty happy with the device. No loud pop as with the Schitt stack, and the screen has been more useful than I thought. Odd you have volume issues - are you using Windows and device volume in tandem?

Yes windows volume is already on 100%.

You can also try adjusting the gain by using the M button on the remote control. Low gain is 0 db and high is 9 db.

To use the remote you need to buy a CR2032 battery, which should be included but is not.

I have tried gain mode already. It does increase the volume of course but not by much. Windows volume is on 100%

Sep 10, 2019 at 3:04 PM Post #129 of 160

I have tried gain mode already. It does increase the volume of course but not by much. Windows volume is on 100%

Hey Bro, you have not said what your problem is, how you are using it and what you are pairing it with?

You have not bothered to fill in your profile for us to see what gear you have and what your budget is, so are we expected to read all the cryptic clues that you may bother to share with us?

Are you saying that it is not powerful enough to blow your ears to smithereens?

Last edited:
Sep 10, 2019 at 3:15 PM Post #130 of 160
Hey Bro, you have not said what your problem is, how you are using it and what you are pairing it with?

You have not bothered to fill in your profile for us to see what gear you have and what your budget is, so are we expected to read all the cryptic clues that you may bother to share with us?

Are you saying that it is not powerful enough to blow your ears to smithereens?

I have tried it with various IEMs, like the Vsonic GR07, Tin Hifi P1 and KZ ZS10. Also tried the line out to my speakers (some random Sony speakers). With all of them, the volume is really low.

Are you saying that it is not powerful enough to blow your ears to smithereens? <-- Sorry, that is just a really silly question. I don't need to have it blowing out my ears to say that the volume is low.

Anyhow, I have already contacted Shenzen Audio (the seller), see what they think.

Sep 10, 2019 at 3:22 PM Post #131 of 160
I have tried it with various IEMs, like the Vsonic GR07, Tin Hifi P1 and KZ ZS10. Also tried the line out to my speakers (some random Sony speakers). With all of them, the volume is really low.

Are you saying that it is not powerful enough to blow your ears to smithereens? <-- Sorry, that is just a really silly question. I don't need to have it blowing out my ears to say that the volume is low.

Anyhow, I have already contacted Shenzen Audio (the seller), see what they think.
Sounds like your unit is faulty!

Just return it and try something different?

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2019 at 11:12 AM Post #132 of 160
Anyone here know how to enter the options menu with the remote? The manual says there are 2 ways: 1st by holding down the knob while plugging the power cable in, 2nd with the remote but it doesn't give specific enough instructions for that. Any ideas?

Oct 3, 2019 at 5:16 AM Post #133 of 160
Anyone here know how to enter the options menu with the remote? The manual says there are 2 ways: 1st by holding down the knob while plugging the power cable in, 2nd with the remote but it doesn't give specific enough instructions for that. Any ideas?
Any luck so far? Maybe if you mentioned what you are trying to achieve, some of us can help you.

BTW, I reckon that the DX3 is a cracking DAC but the headphone section is quite lacklustre to my ears.

I am mainly using mine as a DAC powered with a 12 volt car battery into a good speaker system. I prefer it to the DAC in the Sabaj D5 (but not the HO section) and also IMO it is way better than the SMSL M10.

I now have mine about 4 weeks and with plenty of burn-in time, so my opinion is well formed. I reckon that the included 15 volt (switching) wall wart power supply is a weak feature, so I suggest changing the power supply to a good laptop type which should improve the sound for most people's ears.

Last edited:
Oct 3, 2019 at 7:17 AM Post #134 of 160
Any luck so far? Maybe if you mentioned what you are trying to achieve, some of us can help you.

No luck yet. my issue is with the unit auto connecting to all the bluetooth device that enters pairing mode. Was trying to figure out a way to manual switch off bluetooth so it wouldn't do that but at the same time want to be able to switch it back on without the knob holding / power cable plugging method.

Oct 3, 2019 at 7:52 AM Post #135 of 160
No luck yet. my issue is with the unit auto connecting to all the bluetooth device that enters pairing mode. Was trying to figure out a way to manual switch off bluetooth so it wouldn't do that but at the same time want to be able to switch it back on without the knob holding / power cable plugging method.

I understand what you are referring to, as I also have the same issue. The bluetooth seems to have a predatory instinct to command the entire world!

So far, the only way I know how to turn it off is to "remove device" in bluetooth settings and then set it up again when needed, which is far from ideal.

BTW, I reckon that the SQ over bluetooth is surprising good and is a very handy feature to have.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back