Topping D30 DSD DAC XMOS/CS4398
Mar 26, 2019 at 11:20 AM Post #466 of 512
Hey,

I've recently bought D30 and pair it with my Edifier S1000DB AUX in, also I've done investigation and learned that everything coming in S1000DB converted to digital by DSP of TAS5754M. I do hear the huge difference in sound when the route is optical -> D30 -> AUX S1000DB and optical -> S1000DB. With D30 it is much clearer and detailed, blind tested with my wife's ears - 10 out of 10 she claimed D30 setup as more detailed. What can cause that? Any thoughts?

Apr 18, 2019 at 5:45 PM Post #467 of 512
My D30 (massdrop) will occasionally stop playing audio when I turn my ceiling fan on or off or my small vintage Harmon/Kardon 230A, as well various other things. All I have to do is turn the D30 off and on again. Foobar still shows audio being sent to it, until I turn it off. Slightly concerning, any idea as to what is going on?

Apr 19, 2019 at 5:23 AM Post #468 of 512
It's a typical case of interference coming through your power grid and causing D30 to skip a beat. I haven't experienced it with my D30 but I do have similar problem with TV signal. If I turn a hairdryer my TV signal can become blocky at moments. So basically it's a mix of electrical interference from the power grid and sensitive device that can't properly filter all of the interference so it experience small glitches. It's nothing to worry about but I guess it can get annoying if it's repeated too often.

May 1, 2019 at 10:06 PM Post #470 of 512
Can anyone comment if the d30 will work with windows 7 without any major fanfare? I’m not a techie so I’m hoping for plug and play. Thanks in advance.

Steve

Jul 5, 2019 at 8:24 AM Post #471 of 512
Hello guys, need some help here ...
I've recently bought pair of D30 & A30 but i've realize that my PC could not find drivers for the XMOS DFU.
I'm running on Win 10.
any thoughts guys ? is this really matter ?
thank you

Jul 6, 2019 at 1:08 PM Post #472 of 512
Can anyone comment if the d30 will work with windows 7 without any major fanfare? I’m not a techie so I’m hoping for plug and play. Thanks in advance.

Steve
Hello guys, need some help here ...
I've recently bought pair of D30 & A30 but i've realize that my PC could not find drivers for the XMOS DFU.
I'm running on Win 10.
any thoughts guys ? is this really matter ?
thank you

https://download.shenzhenaudio.com/Topping/D30 Manual and Driver/

from their site. One of the how to videos was recorded on win7 so I'd think it would be fine. Just install the driver.

Jul 6, 2019 at 10:41 PM Post #473 of 512
https://download.shenzhenaudio.com/Topping/D30 Manual and Driver/

from their site. One of the how to videos was recorded on win7 so I'd think it would be fine. Just install the driver.

i've been tried this driver & installed it.
but still the same, at device manager still not recognize the topping d30 DFU.
also i've been tried install the link from page 16 : http://www.xmos.com/support/usb-audio-driver-support.
downloaded the evaluation driver. but no luck either.
thank you for your reply

Jul 6, 2019 at 11:10 PM Post #474 of 512
Oct 3, 2019 at 9:07 PM Post #476 of 512
Since yesterday my Topping D30 had a "drop" in audio level on both channels. Tried different integrated amps and the problem is still there (at least my amps are ok, ufff!!). Disconnected the DAC from PC, and no issues. So I'm assuming the problem might be in the DAC.
I have to say I switched from 24bit/44.1k to 24bit/48k recently. Now I switched it back to 24bit/44.1k and no "drop" in sound anymore (so far). Do you think this might be an issue like overheating, or component (el-caps) aging, regulators failing, etc...??
Is the Topping D30 showing its limits in time? The DAC sounds very good and I'd like to keep it running flawlessly. Any tips on refreshing particular electrolytics or better TO-220 regulators, etc??
Thank you.

Oct 7, 2019 at 6:45 PM Post #477 of 512
Sadly I am getting nasty clicks and pops and distorted audio when under very high CPU/GPU load on the D30

So before someone tells me my computer sucks I have used the following DACs with this exact PC and NONE of them have this issue besides the Topping D30:

Dragonfly 1.2
Modi Multibit
Grace Designs SDAC
and finally the integrated audio running to my amp via mini to RCA.

One thing I wish I knew before I bought this DAC is you have to fish around the internet to find proper drivers. I don't know if that is whats causing it.

Basically under heavily load the issue presents itself but not when idling at the desktop or just browsing the web, I'm a huge gamer so this is disappointing.

What is the recommended driver for the D30?

Oct 7, 2019 at 7:03 PM Post #478 of 512
Sadly I am getting nasty clicks and pops and distorted audio when under very high CPU/GPU load on the D30

So before someone tells me my computer sucks I have used the following DACs with this exact PC and NONE of them have this issue besides the Topping D30:

Dragonfly 1.2
Modi Multibit
Grace Designs SDAC
and finally the integrated audio running to my amp via mini to RCA.

One thing I wish I knew before I bought this DAC is you have to fish around the internet to find proper drivers. I don't know if that is whats causing it.

Basically under heavily load the issue presents itself but not when idling at the desktop or just browsing the web, I'm a huge gamer so this is disappointing.

What is the recommended driver for the D30?

I'm using these drivers: https://download.shenzhenaudio.com/Gustard/XMOS-Stereo-USB-Audio-Class2-Driver-3033_v4.13.0.exe
I haven't run into any issues, but I also haven't run the Topping with anything remotely close to heavy cpu/gpu

Nov 29, 2019 at 2:33 PM Post #480 of 512
I just ordered this today. With a newish computer running current Windows 10, this should just be plug and play right? I run iTunes off of my computer and will try a few different amps. Is there anything special I should do for a DAC that will be attached to a computer?

Thanks!

Shane D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back