Topping A70 Pro - impressions
Aug 5, 2023 at 5:25 AM Post #17 of 201
Got mine yesterday. Very happy. Clean, detailed, punchy... And the VUMy HE6SEV2 is singing. My Dac (Merason frérot) is "analogue and musical" sounding and pairs really well. For the price it's a killer
Nice. I was curious how it'd pair with the HE6se. Now you got me wondering if it'd be an upgrade over my current Jot 2...

Aug 5, 2023 at 12:25 PM Post #19 of 201
Got mine yesterday. Very happy. Clean, detailed, punchy... And the VU🤩My HE6SEV2 is singing. My Dac (Merason frérot) is "analogue and musical" sounding and pairs really well. For the price it's a killer☀️

That's the test i was waiting to hear from peeps. Going to give this powerhouse another long look..

Aug 7, 2023 at 2:18 PM Post #20 of 201
Have read some reports of the a70 pro being forced into protection/fault with low impedance/low sensitivity headphones over at ASR. Seems to be more than just a couple. Maybe that’s why we’re not seeing more reviews. Should be one coming from iiWi reviews soon, and I’ve seen it on Zeos’ desk.

Last edited:
Aug 7, 2023 at 4:01 PM Post #21 of 201
Using mine for a week now :L3000:
  • Headphones: HD660S2 (XLR) and Meze 109 (4,4mm)
  • DAC: iFi ZEN DAC v2 (connected balanced 4,4mm to 2 x XLR)
  • Source: MacBook Air M1 running Tidal HiFi
XS1008158002.JPG

No problems, pure pleasure 👍

Last edited:
Aug 8, 2023 at 3:15 PM Post #22 of 201
I can't wait to have more reviewers do comparisons. Topping, please send out more units for review so our community can learn.

Last edited:
Aug 8, 2023 at 3:38 PM Post #23 of 201
Have read some reports of the a70 pro being forced into protection/fault with low impedance/low sensitivity headphones over at ASR. Seems to be more than just a couple. Maybe that’s why we’re not seeing more reviews. Should be one coming from iiWi reviews soon, and I’ve seen it on Zeos’ desk.
I had this problem after a couple of days, sent back for a refund, wont be buying another.

Aug 10, 2023 at 3:25 PM Post #24 of 201
Has anyone got a repair from this fault or is it still an unknown quantity !
I have a friend who got one today, only lasted an hour before showing error on my Sennheiser HD600s, so feeling bad about it !
Hard to believe an amp can only last an hour and die with no way of rebooting !
It seems to work perfect with easily driven headphones, but if you have a collection there’s a good chance it will error-out before you test them all.

Aug 12, 2023 at 8:27 AM Post #25 of 201

Aug 18, 2023 at 2:59 PM Post #28 of 201
I decided to buy a A70 Pro to replace a A90 - only a few hours in to listening with them but there is a noticeable improvement in the low-end when using with the Susvara (need to use high-gain to get the benefit)

Aug 20, 2023 at 9:30 AM Post #29 of 201
Update after a couple more days listening to the A70 Pro, overall a pretty awesome little unit - still working fine for me tho noted a couple of things:
- it gets pretty hot, especially stacked with the dac
- switching the output sources (Pre / HP) is a pain, there are instructions to override the volume knob button to change the output source but this does not work on mine - hopefully will be fixed in a future firmware update
- I am hearing some slight specs of noise in tracks that was not there on the A90, like this tiny desk track (known for awesome recording quality), however I loaded up the track in Audacity and isolated where the noise comes from (see screenshot) - it is there in the track and deleting the samples removes it 😲 this is nuts that this amp and headphones combo can pick up noise for what constitutes two samples in a 44,100 sample rate file

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-08-20 at 14.25.32.png
    Screenshot 2023-08-20 at 14.25.32.png
    308.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Aug 20, 2023 at 11:35 AM Post #30 of 201
My update, after 3 weeks of use with 3 headphones: XLR - HD660S2, 4,4mm - Meze 109 Pro, 6,35mm - BD DT 700 Pro X
  • Sound: crisp, clear and detailed, but I would prefer more "grunt".
  • Case temp: mildly warm, no different than other hifi components (on weekends, it is On for 10 to 14 hours).
  • Switching outputs: by pressing volume knob or button marked "B" on the remote. Cycles through all three inputs perfectly. IMHO best feature.
  • No hiss or noise of any kind. Perhaps it is my old age :wink:
In other words, I am happy, but not blown away :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back