Top 3 favorite bands?
Jul 6, 2003 at 2:18 AM Post #46 of 159
Dave Matthews Band, Duke Ellington, and Metallica (in no particular order)

Jul 6, 2003 at 8:40 AM Post #48 of 159
1. Project Pitchfork
2. Absurd Minds
3. Decoded Feedback

I'd definately buy any new releases from any of those groups. I own 20 CDs from Project Pitchfork with another on the way, 3 from Absurd Minds, and 2 from Decoded Feedback with another on the way(not including those albums downloaded from Emusic).

Jul 6, 2003 at 11:55 PM Post #50 of 159
Here is mine.

1) The Church. They have it all, great song writing and lead man in Steve Kilbey, and awsome interplay among the two guitarist Marty Wilson Piper and Peter Kopes.

2)The Replacements. What can I say, I love these guys!

3) Echo And The Bunnymen. Everyone should checkout their "Live in Liverpool" concert DVD. The best live DVD recording I seen and heard yet.

The Go-Betweens are right up there for me, but we could only name 3. I really like the Cure, early REM, The Chameleons U. K., The Beatles, The Smiths and the Psychedlic Furs too.

Jul 8, 2003 at 3:47 AM Post #51 of 159
For their music, the (obviously taped) performances I've seen, and coolness:

1. The Velvet Underground
2. The Rolling Stones - only counting the Brian Jones years for this list
3. The Monks

Jul 8, 2003 at 5:25 AM Post #52 of 159
Quote:

Originally posted by FalconP
3. Battlefield Band -- the line up with Davy Steele, who has sadly passed, was the best period of the band I think.

My vote goes to the Alan Reid - Brian McNeil lineup that got the ball rolling. A lot of fun in concert.

Three favorite bands? hmmm... for live shows:

1) Grateful Dead
2) Frank Zappa (any of his lineups)
3) Mahavishnu Orchestra (original lineup)

Jul 9, 2003 at 5:39 AM Post #57 of 159
1. Tool
2. Rage against the Machine
3. Hendrix Experience

As far as bands go, I love the insane stuff. I have actually about half a dozen bands that I really really like roughly equally but unfortunately I can't list them all, only 3
frown.gif

Iron_Dreamer,

My brother is a hardcore metalhead. He has about 60 or so albums of various really dark stuff. Death metal mostly, but also black metal and modern hard rock.

Cheers,
Geek

Jul 9, 2003 at 7:29 AM Post #58 of 159
Tough call, only 3.

No order..

Weezer
Pink Floyd
Beastie Boys

I listen to all different types of music from pretty much all of the genres, except classical, I have troubles getting excited over cellos.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back