Top 3 favorite bands?
Jul 3, 2003 at 5:52 PM Post #16 of 159
Right now there is really not a lot out there that would get me really excited. I'll probably have to wait 3 more years before Tool puts anything out. Maybe if Marilyn Manson got lucky, and made another killer album, or if White Zombie got back together that would be really cool.

Jul 3, 2003 at 5:56 PM Post #17 of 159
Modest Mouse
Lagwagon (although they probably won't make another album)
Radiohead

Jul 3, 2003 at 5:58 PM Post #18 of 159
Quote:

Originally posted by CRESCENDOPOWER
Jesus Freak is one of the best albums in music history.

True, but their Supernatural album is just incredibly better. The sound and music are just unmatched in almost anything else I have ever heard.

If you like them, try an album or two by Apologetix. They rewrite classic and modern music to really funny stuff. I would reco starting with Biblical Graffitti, Ticked, or Grace Period. These three are the best, but the others are still quite good apart from Radical History Tour.

Jul 3, 2003 at 6:59 PM Post #19 of 159
Quote:

Originally posted by Arzela
Braver, what 's the 411 on
Porcupine Tree?

just guessing I got the meaning of 411 correctly
wink.gif

Porcupine Tree is *sortof* progressive rock band usually compared with Pink Floyd, but with a lot of fresh experimentation, new influences like electronic music, dance grooves, pop and metal (yes, it's all there), with Steve Wilson as guitarist, singer and main writer/composer. came from psychedelic and electronic roots with Signify (which will be re-released as a remaster later this year. also check the Stars Die box, a compilation of the work from 1990 upto and including Signify), became a real band with almost pop tendencies with Stupid Dream and Lightbulb Sun (leftovers of that period appeared on Recordings, also very excellent), and last year released their first major-label (Lava, Warner) album with In Absentia, which features starker contrasts between their sounscapy Floydish material and crunching metal..

have been listening to them at least once a day since discovering them over a year ago
cool.gif
check it out!

Jul 3, 2003 at 7:03 PM Post #20 of 159
1. Led Zeppelin
2. Pink Floyd
3. Radiohead

Thats all I need.

Jul 3, 2003 at 8:27 PM Post #22 of 159
Quote:

posted by braver:

have been listening to them at least once a day since discovering them over a year ago chech it out!

Thank's braver, I will; you seem to
have excellent taste in music
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 3, 2003 at 10:02 PM Post #24 of 159
Seems to be alot of Pink Floyd love floating around.
Im from the younger generation (im 19) so I never got the chance to listen to anything they did.

Why so special?

I seek enlitenment.. plz show me the light.

Jul 3, 2003 at 10:05 PM Post #25 of 159
Bands....hmmm....if you asked for artists, it might have been easier as most of the stuff I like is more artist w/ backup

There isn't any band that I like everything they do, but these are the folks I watch for:

1. Alison Krauss + Union Station
2. Statler Brothers (not really a band, but I wish I had their entire discography)
3. Tate

Jul 3, 2003 at 10:18 PM Post #26 of 159
Quote:

Originally posted by Wortel
I seek enlitenment.. plz show me the light.

get Dark Side Of The Moon. get enlightened. at least, thats what I did
tongue.gif

having a taste for the unusual helps too.
blink.gif
(sry, just had to use that one
tongue.gif
)

Jul 4, 2003 at 12:41 AM Post #29 of 159
Top 3 Active Artists:

1. Mark Knopfler
2. Dido
3. John Hiatt

Jul 4, 2003 at 1:50 AM Post #30 of 159
Quote:

Originally posted by spaceman
3. John Hiatt

Isn't he the guy who did the song Slow Turnin'? I have been trying to remember who did that song and since I don't have the album anymore I could swear it was John Hiatt? We watched a movie recently in which they played that song and it reminded me that I need to find out who did it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back