Tooby sounding SS amp for HD650's?
Sep 3, 2005 at 4:08 AM Post #32 of 36
If there's still a chance of your going over to the tube side, consider the Eddie Current offerings or, if you can afford it, the Raptor. If not, I stand by my initial reco of the HR-2. It's a quality amp you can make as toobey as you want through diffferent opamps.
NO FEAR!
=CPW=

Sep 3, 2005 at 11:05 AM Post #33 of 36
The Eddie Current amps are interesting and priced right. I also looked at the Little Dot offerings. The Single Power MPX seems to get the most votes of confidence around here. I really need to audition a toob amp with my 650's. Little flashes of brilliance last night with my Pimeta. Still only 1 vote for the M^3?

Sep 3, 2005 at 11:17 PM Post #35 of 36
While the Eddie Current amps are wonderful, I don't think they are made anymore. They usually go for absolute bargains in the For Sale forum, but they don't pop up much.

As for the Singlepowers, you really can't go wrong with one, no matter what price range you're in. Get a decent set of tubes and get ready to hear your HD650's sing
600smile.gif

Sep 4, 2005 at 1:29 AM Post #36 of 36
Another option would be the Rudi RP33. It is reportedly very smooth and warm. I believe Sovkiller and Nik have heard it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back