Too much coincidence to be true...
Jan 8, 2009 at 3:59 PM Post #257 of 298
Yeah, better stay clear of this scumbag!

Jan 8, 2009 at 10:45 PM Post #258 of 298
Quote:

Originally Posted by Audiofiler /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Warning

Oh, wow.

I was doing Google image searches for a headphone that I got around Christmas and this came up in my search (it is now a Google cache so I hope you can still see): Grado hp2 headphone with latest standard cable - eBay (item 320327310250 end time Jan-23-09 04:08:39 PST)

I was having trouble identifying my headphones so I bookmarked that ebay ad for the pics and since then, it has changed 3 times (same ebay item#, but 3 different items). I thought it was weird because originally, the auction was for an HP-2. Then, I went back to the link and it became a $600 amplifier or something. Now as Audiofiler pointed out, it's a GS-1000.

Jan 8, 2009 at 11:27 PM Post #259 of 298
Weird. He's been known to cancel auctions before they end, but I haven't seen him be able to re-use an eBay auction #320327310250 - it sure looks like that happened somehow.

Jan 9, 2009 at 3:04 PM Post #260 of 298
Quote:

Originally Posted by christine /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh, wow.

I was doing Google image searches for a headphone that I got around Christmas and this came up in my search (it is now a Google cache so I hope you can still see): Grado hp2 headphone with latest standard cable - eBay (item 320327310250 end time Jan-23-09 04:08:39 PST)

I was having trouble identifying my headphones so I bookmarked that ebay ad for the pics and since then, it has changed 3 times (same ebay item#, but 3 different items). I thought it was weird because originally, the auction was for an HP-2. Then, I went back to the link and it became a $600 amplifier or something. Now as Audiofiler pointed out, it's a GS-1000.

I thought it weird too when I checked his HP2 auction and instead it linked to another item altogether. It was changed to a DAC/Amp and the listing days was 19 remaining or similar.

I would not buy anything from this guy, watch out.

Also, it is curious because the prices he sets and audience he is targeting specifically is audiophiles and with most items probably HeadFier's. And he has been ousted by this forum for numerous prior offenses and no one wants to deal with him anymore.
wink.gif

Jan 20, 2009 at 4:28 PM Post #264 of 298
Pretty sure it's from this link here, since it has the balanced cable, the medium headband and the same extra 2 sets of blue earpads.

The seller should disclose who bought it from him so we know what nick he is using now.
Damn, just looking at his sales pitches in broken English annoys me.

"No custom fee or tax for worldwide shipment"

So he works for the government or something now and can guarantee that?
I bet that if the buyer gets stuck with some sort of customs fee on that $5000, he would never hear from the seller again after getting the cash safe in his hands.

Wouldn't be surprised if he got a deal on it and is now flipping them for 500-1000 USD extra after a few weeks.

Jan 20, 2009 at 10:26 PM Post #265 of 298

Jan 21, 2009 at 8:41 PM Post #268 of 298
OK GUYS...HE'S BACK IN OUR COMMUNITY! His current username is FFT. His real name is TAI and he lives in Berkeley and also southern California. If you have an individual by this name contacting you please do not do business with him.

I discovered today his current listing on Audiogon for a pair of HP-1000's: http://www.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls....hone-with-juhb

He purchased these here for $1500 just last week from a very kind and generous head-fier. I'm really sick and tired of seeing him take advantage of nice people like this: http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f10/sa...r-sold-401789/

Now he's doing his usual "add a couple of hundred dollars" on the top and sell within a week routine.

I'll be sending a PM to mbriant in the next few minutes and will have this new ID added to his prolific ban list.

I will also be creating a separate thread devoted to exposing his real name in hopes that it gets stickied at the top of the for sale forums. We need this plague virus flipper permanently out of our community.

I hope you will all help me in this matter. Thank you very much.

Jan 21, 2009 at 9:01 PM Post #270 of 298
Quote:

Originally Posted by troymadison /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The headphone sounds excellently.

Don't you love how he just makes stuff up in every one of his listings?

From his audiogon listing:

there are around 500 hp-2 made. However, most of them had the letters worn. Right now I guess only around 50 HP-2 still has all the letters

First off there were 1000 HP-1000's made and the majority were HP2's. That information is clearly available to anyone that reads Zanth's awesome "Interview with John Grado" thread. Then he makes the absurd "guess" that only around 50 out of the 1000 still have all the red lettering.

This guy is such a no ethics and morals having liar, and that type really gets under my skin. As you'll may have already noticed.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back