Too much coincidence to be true...
Dec 5, 2008 at 12:35 AM Post #241 of 298
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lil' Knight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Really?
How do you know that? :|

Because he is so addicted to buying headphones here and trying to flip them for profit, literally within days on audiogon and ebay, that he foolishly doesn't think anyone else is going to notice.

He purchased these headphones from Macwizard just a few days ago, http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f10/fs...-cable-383287/ , and is now doing his usual "add $500+ to the price he bought them for" routine and then listing them for sale immediately on audiogon.

Here is that listing: AudiogoN ForSale: Audio Technica headphone ATH-L3000

I have confirmation from the seller that it is him and have forwarded that PM to the appropriate moderator.

Dec 5, 2008 at 4:31 AM Post #246 of 298
Frankly Im surprised and disappointed at the attitude here towards flipping and raising the post count to use the trading post. First off Head-Fi wasnt setup as a marketplace but a place to exchange ideas, reviews, news, knowledge and experience. The only way to appreciate the place and gain the trust of others is to take what you've learned here and elsewhere with people who are just starting out or need a hand. If it takes a certain amount of time or posts so be it because that is the only way people can truly judge your integrity or trustworthyness.

As for the flipping same ideas apply. A lot of people sell their items at lower than market value to help some people get started in this hobby. For people to take advantage of that, especially experienced members, is just plain nasty. I dont mind selling for REASONABLE profit but gouging people goes against the spirit of community that has kept this place together and respectable for so long. You can't complain about the state of this forum then not stand up for its ideals.

Dec 5, 2008 at 5:22 AM Post #247 of 298
Quote:

Originally Posted by Snicewicz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I really want those L3000, maybe I could break into his house and take them. The police could add the charge on my traffic citation tab...

HA HA HA!!!

Damn that's funny.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samgotit /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Let's kick his ass.

Doesn't someone have his phone number?

Post It! Or PM it to me and I will.

Instead of beat him up and take his lunch money, beat him up and take all of his gear.

Dec 5, 2008 at 1:14 PM Post #248 of 298
For those who have recently waded in with comments without reading the entire thread, therefore without a complete understanding of the history of this member, and feel we're being too harsh, there's a little more to this than simply flipping product.

Registering under different names is against Head-fi rules. Registering under different name(s) to create a false perceived interest in one's own for sale thread(s) in order to increase the selling price, and/or to fool a seller, is deceptive, manipulative, and a scam.

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/4335129-post6.html

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/4335367-post30.html

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/4337271-post102.html

Dec 5, 2008 at 6:24 PM Post #251 of 298
I've seen this guy off and on here and on Ebay and Agon. It is great that members continue to update this thread and out him. His actions are what Mbriant has mentioned and is spot on. It's a shame he is continuing his deceptive practices.

Dec 6, 2008 at 8:41 PM Post #252 of 298
I may have missed this if someone posted it. But...

...has anyone posted anything to help us identify we're going to sell something ot him? Maybe we can blacklist his zipcode? What are the odds one good member lives near him (and hasn't gone over to kick his arse) and in the same zipcode? Or maybe just give out his street name? I read about him having conversations with himself (may have been another member as well) to boost his post rating. So, I want nothing to do with this person.

Dec 6, 2008 at 9:01 PM Post #253 of 298
I don't think we can blackball an entire area. But if anyone cares, he lives in Berkeley during school season (he goes to UC Berkeley). His hometown is in Orange County, area code 714, so he comes down during breaks. Coincidentally, we live in exact opposite locations for school and home.

Dec 27, 2008 at 7:04 AM Post #255 of 298
"I can ship worldwide. I also have some feedbacks on other selling websites too."

Head-Fi ?
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back