Too much coincidence to be true...
Jan 21, 2009 at 9:16 PM Post #272 of 298
Quote:

Originally Posted by troymadison /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey Subtle, you seem on top of things. Could you summarize this 18 page thread in 50 words or less? If you can, then you're awesome.

I'm like Head-Fi's personal Sherlock Holmes.
biggrin.gif

50 words or less? Ok...here goes.

waddragon (TAI) has no ethics or morals and preys on generous head-fiers. his MO is to buy and flip within days adding $400+ to his price. at one point he had two identities and talked to himself to boost his sales. he's a compulsive liar and a virus to our community.

Jan 21, 2009 at 9:17 PM Post #273 of 298
Quote:

Originally Posted by subtle /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm like Head-Fi's personal Sherlock Holmes.
biggrin.gif

50 words or less? Ok...here goes.

waddragon (TAI) has no ethics or morals and preys on generous head-fiers. his MO is to buy and flip within days adding $400+ to his price. at one point he had two identities and talked to himself to boost his sales. he's a compulsive liar and a virus to our community.

Gotcha. Thanks.

Jan 22, 2009 at 3:58 AM Post #279 of 298
Quote:

Yep. I'm tired of this fool. Time to play hard ball. Best $4 I've spent in quite some time.
biggrin.gif

Good job. Maybe you can lower the price so it'll get read more often?

Jan 22, 2009 at 9:36 AM Post #281 of 298
Quote:

Yep. I'm tired of this fool. Time to play hard ball. Best $4 I've spent in quite some time.
biggrin.gif

I salute you subtle
beerchug.gif
. Nice summary BTW. He definitely is a virus in our community.

Jan 22, 2009 at 6:12 PM Post #282 of 298
Thank you sir.
beerchug.gif

Eventually we will finally get rid of him. The more people know his name the less chance he will have to continue this behavior. Since his December made username was banned yesterday, FFT, he will of course now be looking to create another. All we need to do is make people aware that they shouldn't be selling anything to anyone whose account was created in January 2009 and is named Tai and lives in Berkeley. I know have his full address and phone number, courtesy of a very generous head-fier, and will make that knowledge public if he persists with this.

Jan 22, 2009 at 6:26 PM Post #283 of 298
Quote:

Thank you sir.
beerchug.gif

Eventually we will finally get rid of him. The more people know his name the less chance he will have to continue this behavior. Since his December made username was banned yesterday, FFT, he will of course now be looking to create another. All we need to do is make people aware that they shouldn't be selling anything to anyone whose account was created in January 2009 and is named Tai and lives in Berkeley. I know have his full address and phone number, courtesy of a very generous head-fier, and will make that knowledge public if he persists with this.

Good job! Keep after him, Dude. Because you're the Dude and the Dude abides.

No, seriously. This helps us a lot to have other eyes out there. We are few in number and have precious little time to devote to these kinds of things that can be more easily spotted by someone who knows all of the ins and outs of the situation.

I deleted a couple of posts in the Qualia 010 for sale thread, simply to be consistent with our 'no discussion' rule, but it's definitely a good thing that you're keeping us informed about this guy.

Jan 22, 2009 at 7:15 PM Post #284 of 298
when he (as FFT) tried to sell me some HP2's, I was excited, but certainly not dumb enough to buy from a 5-post user who had been on the forum for 3 weeks, who was only marketing the cans via PM.

asking if he had any feedback, he kindly gave me his "lobster_king" audiogon username. despite seeing nearly 30 points of positive feedback, I was not going to drop $1465 that easily - and I was almost ready to, given his pleas of how "bad the economy is right now," and how it was hurting him.

anyone who puts in even this little amount of work (5 minutes on google) will see he has had dozens of headphone listings on multiple enthusiast forums, an obvious flipper, who I quickly realized was trying to take me for a ride. it wasnt until today that I now get a reference I read on headcase, which in a for-sale thread stated, "hope you didnt ship this item to Berkley"

Jan 22, 2009 at 7:40 PM Post #285 of 298
i actually read through the entire 19 pages...
this sucks to the Nth degree.
i suppose, its just not him and we need to keep eyes peeled for more like him.

seriously, it takes the faith out of forums like these.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back