Too good to be true? Sennheiser IE7 for £36.44
Oct 27, 2011 at 12:41 PM Post #31 of 102

Quote:
awesome find, thanks mate i've just ordered some! So, they only come with one pair of tips. Do you guys think it would be worth ordering the tips linked below on ebay? Or are there better tips I could buy!? These are quite a bargain, will be my first high end head phones! I just bought the sennheiser mm30i from HMV today,so glad I haven't opened them yet I'm going to return them tomorrow now : ) ... sadly i think they only give credit notes in return, oh well! Again thanks for the tip off on these! 

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SENNHEISER-HEADPHONES-CX-IE-EAR-TIP-ADAPTER-LARGE-NEW-/200634940197?pt=UK_AudioVisualElectronics_HomeAudioHiFi_Headphones&hash=item2eb6c63b25#ht_2043wt_1378

I think they come with the same tips as the ones you've linked to anyway. I don't actually have any S/M/L sized ones to compare them to though, so my guess might be wrong.

Currently I'm using the tips from my old earphones that are the harder silicone type, so I could do with some advice about which tips sound best with the IE7s too!

Oct 27, 2011 at 1:18 PM Post #32 of 102
but it's only one set of tips, small (hah or what you think is small) correct!? no medium or large? I'm normally a medium or large in ear tips i find, so I'll need to get buying some before the earphones arrive!

But yup, if anyone could link to some good tips to buy for these earphones that'd be great : )

Oct 27, 2011 at 1:26 PM Post #33 of 102

Quote:
but it's only one set of tips, small (hah or what you think is small) correct!? no medium or large? I'm normally a medium or large in ear tips i find, so I'll need to get buying some before the earphones arrive!

But yup, if anyone could link to some good tips to buy for these earphones that'd be great : )

Sorry, I didn't read the description at the link you provided so looking at the picture I thought they were small. 
biggrin.gif

I'm a medium/large eared person as well, but I've read that a loose fit can sound better with these earphones. Perhaps I should make a new thread specifically asking for advice about tips.

Oct 27, 2011 at 1:30 PM Post #34 of 102

Quote:

Your wish is my command.

http://www.amazon.com/HA-NCX77-Replacement-Silicone-Tips-Large/dp/B003P8XOQ6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1319736477&sr=8-1

http://www.amazon.com/Clear-Replacement-Silicone-V-MODA-V-moda/dp/B002X866S2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1319736539&sr=8-1

The above tips are large JVC tips and V Moda clear tips. They both work great for me and they also come in medium size if you want to get that size instead. Only large fills my ear canals.

Oct 27, 2011 at 1:37 PM Post #35 of 102

Quote:
Your wish is my command.

http://www.amazon.com/HA-NCX77-Replacement-Silicone-Tips-Large/dp/B003P8XOQ6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1319736477&sr=8-1

http://www.amazon.com/Clear-Replacement-Silicone-V-MODA-V-moda/dp/B002X866S2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1319736539&sr=8-1

The above tips are large JVC tips and V Moda clear tips. They both work great for me and they also come in medium size if you want to get that size instead. Only large fills my ear canals.

Argh!! If only I hadn't thrown away all of my V-Moda tips when I threw away the boxes. 
angry_face.gif

Thanks for the tips anyway. And yes, the pun was intentional. 
wink_face.gif

Oct 27, 2011 at 1:56 PM Post #36 of 102

Quote:
Argh!! If only I hadn't thrown away all of my V-Moda tips when I threw away the boxes. 
angry_face.gif

Thanks for the tips anyway. And yes, the pun was intentional. 
wink_face.gif

lol They are dirt cheap anyways. Like its .03 or .04 cents but the shipping is where they rip you off. So I paid about $5.00 for 3 pairs but to me it was well worth it as it filled the need.

Oct 28, 2011 at 1:55 PM Post #37 of 102

Quote:
I just ordered a pair of Sennheiser IE7s from FactoryRefurbsDir on Play.com for £36.44. They're obviously used/refurbished and the description states that the box is damaged and some accessories are missing.

I can't help feeling that the price is too good for them to be genuine, so does anybody have any experience with FactoryRefurbsDir? I read somewhere that they were like Play's version of Amazon Warehouse deals, but the source was unreliable so I'm not sure.

One last thing: once I get the headphones, how can I check whether they're genuine?

Thanks

check if they're an official sennheiser dealer

Oct 28, 2011 at 2:42 PM Post #38 of 102

Quote:
check if they're an official sennheiser dealer

Play.com should be an official dealer, and I think FactoryRefurbsDir sells their grade B products. I've already received the headphones and as far as I can tell they're genuine so it doesn't really matter any longer whether the dealer's official.

Oct 29, 2011 at 4:58 AM Post #39 of 102
Wow...SUPER FAST delivery lol
I haven't got them yet - but my mum does.
Was funny, i told her to put it in - initially she said...not much bass, then i said put it on properly and she said...wooow its gooood!
haha :p!
Gotta love my mum!

Will be getting the earphones in 2 weeks - I'll see how they fair - seem all legit IMO :)

EDIT:
They only came with 1 set of tips - I think they were medium or small - couldn't tell from skype that well.
So package contents:
-Earphones
-Carrying Case
-Set of tips that were on the earphones

-No extra set of tips
-No outer box
-No cleaning tool
-No shirt clip
-No over-the-ear strain relief (i think that's what it is lol)

Anyway, all of this is expected, and tbh, who cares - I only use 1 set of tips or 2, and even then I can buy extra set of tips for a cheap price. All in all was a bargain (as long as they aren't fake) :)

Oct 29, 2011 at 7:18 AM Post #40 of 102
Mine came this morning and they're broken! The jack cuts out when in certain positions and crackles : ( so i've just sent them an email to return them. They do work though and they sound very good, i'm unsure wether to return these and await a replacement or just order another set myself now and get a refund incase they run out of stock!

Oct 29, 2011 at 7:30 AM Post #41 of 102

Quote:
Mine came this morning and they're broken! The jack cuts out when in certain positions and crackles : ( so i've just sent them an email to return them. They do work though and they sound very good, i'm unsure wether to return these and await a replacement or just order another set myself now and get a refund incase they run out of stock!

If they are under Sennheiser Warranty. Have Sennheiser honor the warranty and they will upgrade you to brand new IE80s :). You can't go wrong with those man, good luck.

Oct 29, 2011 at 7:40 AM Post #42 of 102

Quote:
If they are under Sennheiser Warranty. Have Sennheiser honor the warranty and they will upgrade you to brand new IE80s :). You can't go wrong with those man, good luck.

Thanks for the reply mate! Unfortunately i don't think i'll get a warranty with these as they're refurbished, I could be wrong though!? That'd be fantastic if they had a sennheiser warranty! I'll email Play and ask them about that : )

Oct 29, 2011 at 8:04 AM Post #43 of 102

Quote:
Thanks for the reply mate! Unfortunately i don't think i'll get a warranty with these as they're refurbished, I could be wrong though!? That'd be fantastic if they had a sennheiser warranty! I'll email Play and ask them about that : )

I don't think you are wrong - I doubt sennheiser will replace refurbished earphones - more so, won;t give you the new IE80's for IE7's lol :)

Oct 29, 2011 at 8:11 AM Post #44 of 102

Quote:

If they are refurbished from factory they will have a warranty lad :wink:. Check into it, you've got nothing to lose and an IE80 to gain.

Oct 29, 2011 at 8:14 AM Post #45 of 102

Quote:
I don't think you are wrong - I doubt sennheiser will replace refurbished earphones - more so, won;t give you the new IE80's for IE7's lol :)

How much you wanna bet lol? If it is Sennheiser authorized they will upgrade you to an IE80; Sennheiser is forced to do this as most other companies are (Dell was forced to upgrade my computer from an XPS 730 to an Alienware area 51 due to no longer making the older model and thus everything was upgraded as well) in the event they cannot repair or replace the item with the same model. This will be the case with the IE7 as they don't make it anymore. The IE60 is not in league with the IE7 and someone on the IE7 thread posted this earlier. They had a refurbished pair I think (regardless though that will not matter, it still has a warranty guys) of IE7s and they broke. So they upgraded him to the IE80. They tried dumping the IE60 on him and he said "BS" and they were forced to give him the IE80. Don't be jipped by Sennheiser and whine like a 7 year old girl. They'll bend over lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back