Too good to be true? Sennheiser IE7 for £36.44
Oct 29, 2011 at 10:47 AM Post #61 of 102

Quote:
Thanks for the PM man, unfortunately us UKers can't use the service, they do have a uk section on their site but you can only buy policies through amazon and i couldn't find a suitable cover there. I really do appreciate the trouble you've gone to to help us out though! Oh well at least it seems we get a 90 day warranty!

Lol are you joking? I'm positive square trade is from the UK? Maybe you have to go to their UK site? That kinda sucks if you guys can't use it? What happened when you tried checking it out. Every time I've talked with them they are either English-English or Indian lol. The only sure way to find out man it to call them. Talk to an agent if you really wanna look into the warranty. They can explain it if its possible or not. I mean if they are based in the UK you'd think they would service UK customers? lol They even play British music when you are waiting RFLMAO.

Oct 29, 2011 at 10:53 AM Post #62 of 102

Quote:
Lol are you joking? I'm positive square trade is from the UK? Maybe you have to go to their UK site? That kinda sucks if you guys can't use it? What happened when you tried checking it out. Every time I've talked with them they are either English-English or Indian lol. The only sure way to find out man it to call them. Talk to an agent if you really wanna look into the warranty. They can explain it if its possible or not. I mean if they are based in the UK you'd think they would service UK customers? lol They even play British music when you are waiting RFLMAO.

You can get it from Amazon UK, but not from their own website.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/SquareTrade-3-Year-Warranty-Accident-Protection/dp/B00448KGUS/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1319899945&sr=8-7

And call me stingy but in my opinion it's not worth spending £10 to cover a £37 item!

Oct 29, 2011 at 11:00 AM Post #63 of 102

Quote:
You can get it from Amazon UK, but not from their own website.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/SquareTrade-3-Year-Warranty-Accident-Protection/dp/B00448KGUS/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1319899945&sr=8-7

And call me stingy but in my opinion it's not worth spending £10 to cover a £37 item!

:) You're probably right. When I bought my IE8 warranty I paid like $40.00 if not less. And ended up getting back $284.00 was it was well worth it for me. Just depends on what you are getting. I generally get the coverage for all my IEMS and headphones/Audio gear. Even my DACport has it lol. I'm stingy like that :wink:. The best value I see though if for those audiophile DAP's that tend to have some longevity issues such as the Sflo2 and Hifiman. So if it breaks within 3 years I get my money back which means either another player or an upgraded one by that time :).

Oct 29, 2011 at 11:03 AM Post #64 of 102

Quote:
:) You're probably right. When I bought my IE8 warranty I paid like $40.00 if not less. And ended up getting back $284.00 was it was well worth it for me. Just depends on what you are getting. I generally get the coverage for all my IEMS and headphones/Audio gear. Even my DACport has it lol. I'm stingy like that :wink:. The best value I see though if for those audiophile DAP's that tend to have some longevity issues such as the Sflo2 and Hifiman. So if it breaks within 3 years I get my money back which means either another player or an upgraded one by that time :).

Yeah, I don't think the IE7s have any build quality issues! These things are built to withstand quite a lot of abuse, it seems.

Oct 29, 2011 at 11:07 AM Post #65 of 102

Quote:
Yeah, I don't think the IE7s have any build quality issues! These things are built to withstand quite a lot of abuse, it seems.

Can't argue with you there, just as the IE8s are very durable so are the IE7. I mean you literally have to try to break it to break it. And even that may be a challenge (Unless you use comply tips).
smile.gif
My pair that I sold to a headfier in New Zealand still looked brand-spanking-new. I just never used them enough to justify keeping them. But when my IE8s first broke I used them alot and they grew on me. But once the IE8s were home again it became a love-hate relationship. The IE8s had the bigger sound stage and the more refined treble. Also when I upgraded the cable the mids became forward so there wasn't much reason to use the IE7s.

Nov 18, 2011 at 6:23 AM Post #66 of 102
Just got these in - pretty sure they are REAL
Unless fakes sound this good.

Saying that, really disappointed in the bass department (as kind of expected) - I'm having to tune the bass up EQ'ing...

Came with what it seems like medium set tips, and the carrying case and earphones (obviously lol)

Case falls apart all too easily.
Couldn't care less, for the IE7's £37 is worth the price I paid, but no way would I pay £110 let alone £50-60 for these.

Thanks again fro your thread, as it allowed me to buy them, make sure I was getting genuine earphones! Props to OP :)

Nov 18, 2011 at 5:28 PM Post #67 of 102
They have to little bass for you? lol maybe they still need to be burned in. I never found the IE7s lacking in bass at all.

Quote:

Saying that, really disappointed in the bass department (as kind of expected) - I'm having to tune the bass up EQ'ing...

Came with what it seems like medium set tips, and the carrying case and earphones (obviously lol)

Couldn't care less, for the IE7's £37 is worth the price I paid, but no way would I pay £110 let alone £50-60 for these.

Thanks again fro your thread, as it allowed me to buy them, make sure I was getting genuine earphones! Props to OP :)

Nov 18, 2011 at 6:28 PM Post #68 of 102

Quote:
They have to little bass for you? lol maybe they still need to be burned in. I never found the IE7s lacking in bass at all.

Doubt they need burning in...they seem already used.
This is exactly what I had with the IE8's
Oh and the silver jack pisses me off as it crackles each time it moves around in my pocket...

They are nice £38 earphones - wouldn't pay more though

Bass wise, they do have bass, but it isn't a bass amount that says to me: Bass is really its strong point.
If anything its mids and soundstage are.

Nov 18, 2011 at 7:25 PM Post #69 of 102

Quote:

Doubt they need burning in...they seem already used.
This is exactly what I had with the IE8's
Oh and the silver jack pisses me off as it crackles each time it moves around in my pocket...

They are nice £38 earphones - wouldn't pay more though

Bass wise, they do have bass, but it isn't a bass amount that says to me: Bass is really its strong point.
If anything its mids and sound-stage are.

Try wiping down the nickel jack thoroughly and see if it still crackles. This is due to a residue Sennheiser puts onto the jacks from the factory. Refurbished means reconditioned back to factory specs, or in other words new. My  IE7s needed burn in when I got them and they were refurbished.

Nov 19, 2011 at 5:41 AM Post #70 of 102

Quote:
Try wiping down the nickel jack thoroughly and see if it still crackles. This is due to a residue Sennheiser puts onto the jacks from the factory. Refurbished means reconditioned back to factory specs, or in other words new. My  IE7s needed burn in when I got them and they were refurbished.

I will try to do so, thanks for the tip

Nov 20, 2011 at 3:15 PM Post #71 of 102

He he,@ Dubbed man ,i have always said around £30-£40 is a fair price to pay for a new set of IE7 based on there sound and technical ability ,and i am one who paid full retail for these a few years back ,way over priced at £120 ,LOVELY OUTER PACKAGING THOUGH . lol
blink.gif

How do you find there treble compaired to the treble on the tfta extra bass ?
Quote:                                                                   

Nov 20, 2011 at 3:34 PM Post #72 of 102

Quote:
He he,@ Dubbed man ,i have always said around £30-£40 is a fair price to pay for a new set of IE7 based on there sound and technical ability ,and i am one who paid full retail for these a few years back ,way over priced at £120 ,LOVELY OUTER PACKAGING THOUGH . lol
blink.gif

How do you find there treble compaired to the treble on the tfta extra bass ?

you and me are like audio brothers from another mother LOL

Treble is a little too much for my liking - its VERY forward, and is the sound that's the most dominating.
Also the IE7's are very open so to speak; nice soundstage too!

But bass wise...i mean common really? Bassy IEM's? I don't think so!
MY EX500's did as well, if not better (due to fit) than the IE7's in terms of BASS, all other factors = IE7's win over the EX500's

Thus why i class it at around £50-60 no more.

Nov 20, 2011 at 4:00 PM Post #73 of 102

Yeah little bro lol 
smily_headphones1.gif
,  the soundstage is the best thing about the 7 ,almost as large as the ie8, bass is not to bad when used with triple flange tips ,but by no way bass heavy ,nonexistent next to the tfta ,treble can be rather dominating also it is a crude and unrefined treble , the ie8 is better across the board but still leaves a lot to be desired , however it seams that sennhieser are better at full size cans ,i am loving my HD650 ,sounds great ,plenty of bass , great mids and treble and large open soundstage 
Quote:

you and me are like audio brothers from another mother LOL

Treble is a little too much for my liking - its VERY forward, and is the sound that's the most dominating.
Also the IE7's are very open so to speak; nice soundstage too!

But bass wise...i mean common really? Bassy IEM's? I don't think so!
MY EX500's did as well, if not better (due to fit) than the IE7's in terms of BASS, all other factors = IE7's win over the EX500's

Thus why i class it at around £50-60 no more.

Nov 20, 2011 at 4:07 PM Post #74 of 102

Quote:
Yeah little bro lol 
smily_headphones1.gif
,  the soundstage is the best thing about the 7 ,almost as large as the ie8, bass is not to bad when used with triple flange tips ,but by no way bass heavy ,nonexistent next to the tfta ,treble can be rather dominating also it is a crude and unrefined treble , the ie8 is better across the board but still leaves a lot to be desired , however it seams that sennhieser are better at full size cans ,i am loving my HD650 ,sounds great ,plenty of bass , great mids and treble and large open soundstage 

couldn't agree more!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back