Tony Bennett Signature Edition Headphones
Oct 18, 2011 at 5:31 PM Post #46 of 89
$150 for a Bennett edition of the DJ100... not worth it. I could easily mod mine to have a detachable cable. Anyhow When I had my DJ100 the back of the box said "Made in USA" so to say. I believe it said "Made and Desinged by Koss, Milwaukee, WI 53212" or something along those lines. After what Koss has been through with the money issues I don't doubt they are outsourcing now.

Quote:
Noticed today they're $129 on HSN or 3 payments of $43. 4 of $32 or so.

Oh and there's finally a review of them on there. Another person from Michigan and it's not me
normal_smile%20.gif

They have a video of them trying to sell them. What's funny is that the sound is screwed up (on the video) and they spend some much time ignoring how they actually sound. They repeat everything over and over and over. Oh well.
The thing they said about the signature was that it had "Rich Bass" and that "Koss sound"
biggrin.gif

Only thing that interests me is the detachable cable and being able to try out lots of other cables. There's still internal wires going to the driver, but swapping cables find still offer some improvements.

BTW they're listed as being made in China. I always thought Koss stuff was build in the USA, but I guess not. Anyone know? Definitely not on the box of my DJ100.

Oct 18, 2011 at 8:03 PM Post #47 of 89

Quote:
$150 for a Bennett edition of the DJ100... not worth it. I could easily mod mine to have a detachable cable. Anyhow When I had my DJ100 the back of the box said "Made in USA" so to say. I believe it said "Made and Desinged by Koss, Milwaukee, WI 53212" or something along those lines. After what Koss has been through with the money issues I don't doubt they are outsourcing now. 

Well if I didn't know how to solder and make my own cables and didn't have 3 DJ100's already, it'd be worth it for me
biggrin.gif

None of us know for sure if the sound is any different, but there's a 95% chance it sounds like the DJ100. Maybe the cable and internal wires are of a higher quality.
It will have been easy for them to tweak the internals to make them sound even better.

$150 is kind of high, so I'd imagine they'll be sold for around $120-$130 soon. That's not too bad.

$120 for the option of a detachable cable and a case isn't too bad IMO.

I still keep hoping for an open headphone from Koss that's super comfortable, not portable and might sound similar to a HD-598/K501. Seems Koss isn't a fan of open headphones.
A $150 open headphone that's good for gaming from Koss might be interesting.

Oct 18, 2011 at 10:44 PM Post #48 of 89
I just wish Koss would actually go high end in stead of being the king of cheap bargain headphones. I wonder how a $300 "high end" Koss would sound if they actually started R&D towards a truly flagship model.

Also if this Bennett edition of the DJ100 uses higher quality wire then that's a plus. The detachable cable does not interest me one bit though as I'd rather have it hard wired.

Also I have an odd lingering for a DJ100 again and was wondering if you are willing to part with one.

Nov 8, 2011 at 11:52 PM Post #50 of 89

Quote:
So there ain't any difference in the sound of these? Just the pouch, detachable cable and Bennett's signature on earcups and headband?

There could be, but so far it seems that nobody has heard them yet. Even the replaceable cable could even alter the sound somewhat.

Nov 9, 2011 at 12:49 AM Post #51 of 89
I got a set from Koss last week to try out and it sounds exactly the same as a DJ100. I would recommend you stay away from these at the price they sell for.

Quote:
There could be, but so far it seems that nobody has heard them yet. Even the replaceable cable could even alter the sound somewhat.

Dec 4, 2011 at 3:20 PM Post #53 of 89

Quote:
More pictures

Looks like:

Same pads(?)
Detachable cable
Carrying case
Duets download

Comes out on the 20th for $150

Seems like they're using the DJ100 driver, but Koss says "They have similar attributes but the performance and key components are unique."

no mono switch?

Dec 4, 2011 at 4:07 PM Post #54 of 89

Quote:

Thanks Tyll!
Wow, the graph past 1000hz is totally unexpected! I only have the DJ100 and imagine it's pretty much the same sound signature, but haven't compared them.
The bass on this frequency graphs looks a bit better than on the other one I saw on some Japanese site (for the DJ100). Not surprised about that little dip at just under 100hz.

Dec 4, 2011 at 5:08 PM Post #57 of 89

Quote:
They have a mono switch.

Oh....so it really is a re-baged DJ100. Not a bad thing I suppose considering the extras. Now if only can compare the sonic differences.

Dec 4, 2011 at 5:25 PM Post #58 of 89
Zombie_X said he tried them both and felt they sounded exactly the same.
I haven't compared them yet myself. I wonder if the cable is the same, but just detachable?
It'd be interesting to swap out the cable and see if there is any differences. Probably not much.

What I'd really like to do is pop open the Tony Bennett headphone and see what's changed inside. Minor changes could have been made.
I figure you're paying just for the extras like the CD, case and detachable cable.

I'd sure love to try them sometime, but I've already bought 4 DJ100s in the last 2 years!

Dec 5, 2011 at 8:43 AM Post #59 of 89
I should try to call Koss and get a stock pair of DJ100s to measure.  

Dec 5, 2011 at 10:55 AM Post #60 of 89
Say, Doc, these what your DJ100s look like on the inside?

(click to enlarge)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back