TomB's Thank You to Head-Fi DIY-ers!
Dec 20, 2008 at 8:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 46

tomb

Member of the Trade: Beezar.com
Holy cow and shazam!! Just when I was getting a little bit down at all the work to ship out the MiniMAX cases, the FedEx man rings my doorbell this morning. He gives me a box. Inside is a Christmas present from my friends on Head-Fi!!?? Turns out that under the wrapping (my wife made me open it!) is a genuine pair of Grado HF-1's, still in the box signed by John Grado himself - #269.

I had said several times that the best pair of headphones I'd heard with a MAX was a pair of HF-1's. I guess somebody was listening.
wink.gif
biggrin.gif
More than that, though, I am just overwhelmed at the idea that you guys would get together and spring for something like that: a Christmas present for TomB.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Many, many, many thanks to amphead, BoilermakerFan, pabbi1, ruZZ.il, soloz2, Beefy, bperboy, joneeboi, rds, slowpogo, FallenAngel, digger945, fordgtlover, manaox2, vixr, Gross, WilCox, royewest, elliot42, Daveze, qusp, lordvader, stevenkelby, SACD-Man, pinkfloyd4ever, and everyone else who participated.

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, and Happy New Year to everyone!!
Thank you, thank you!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

P.S. Thanks for all of you who've built one the designs that I help to support! I hope I can continue to help your DIY experience be a joyful one!

Dec 20, 2008 at 8:54 PM Post #5 of 46
Another great giveaway by the DIY community! I have been pleased by their kindness as well, so know what I talk about! You guys/girls rock!
biggrin.gif

...for some reason I totally missed this run though.

Dec 20, 2008 at 9:04 PM Post #7 of 46
wow, that's very nice of those that you called out. it sounds like a perfect gift for you.

I like the HF-1 more so than even the RS-1 and GS1000. I have not heard the upper echelon of Grado like the PS1 or HP1000, but the HF-1 are absolutely wonderful headphones. I might have to shop for one as well.

Congratulations (I guess if congrats is proper for a gift).

Dec 20, 2008 at 9:24 PM Post #8 of 46
Your welcome Tom, and as we have all said, Thanks again for your help!

Dec 20, 2008 at 9:36 PM Post #9 of 46
Well deserved!
biggrin.gif
I'm glad to have been able to do more than just say thanks for a change. Kudos to pinkfloyd4ever for bringing up the opportunity to voice ourselves. It's perfect timing too
smily_headphones1.gif
Happy holidays to all!

Dec 20, 2008 at 10:32 PM Post #12 of 46
Someone finally convinced me to spend money on Grados...
redface.gif

Ain't no Hogwarts without you, Hagrid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back