TomB's Thank You to Head-Fi DIY-ers!
Dec 21, 2008 at 11:42 PM Post #31 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by Beefy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I gotta say though..... without any pics yet, I'm seriously considering asking for my money back!
tongue.gif

Oh gee whiz. They sound wonderful and sound fantastic on my MiniMAX - much, much better than anything I've heard, IMHO. Mexican Dragon didn't tell you the whole story, but he came to an Atlanta meet interested in hearing a MAX. He had a pair of HF-1's to do that. At one point, he gave me a listen and I was very, very impressed. I've wanted a pair ever since, just couldn't bring myself to pay what people want for them. To think that you guys got together and got me a pair, regardless ... well, it's nothing short of incredible. Best thing I've heard on a MAX. Simply awesome.

However, if you really want a pic of me - go look at the Atlanta Meet threads - I'm in there and I'm not hiding, either.
wink.gif
wink.gif

Here's one: http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f45/he...ssions-341183/

I'm wearing glasses, a yellowish-orange shirt, white shorts, and topsiders (I was in formal attire that day). I've also got a mustache. That's me on the left in the first pic in mwallace573's post:

100_0963.jpg

Sleeplessness is beside me, BigAmish is hidden behind me, and that's Fitz at left in back with his nose in a laptop.
wink.gif

Dec 21, 2008 at 11:49 PM Post #32 of 46
no problem man; just a token to say thanks for all the pain and head scratching I must've put you through with the bantam build. Enjoy
darthsmile.gif
Merry Christmas

Dec 21, 2008 at 11:55 PM Post #33 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by tomb /img/forum/go_quote.gif
However, if you really want a pic of me - go look at the Atlanta Meet threads - I'm in there and I'm not hiding, either.
wink.gif
wink.gif

Eeek, not a pic of you! The phones, man!
biggrin.gif

Dec 21, 2008 at 11:58 PM Post #34 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by Beefy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Eeek, not a pic of you! The phones, man!
biggrin.gif

OK, OK - I'll get some pics tomorrow.
wink.gif
wink.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

By the way, they look like the ones in Mexican Dragon's avatar.
wink.gif

Dec 22, 2008 at 12:45 AM Post #35 of 46
It's amazing how Head-fi meets look so much alike. Looks like you were having a great time. Didn't look too much different than the Burning Amp event. Well, Burning Amp wasn't technically a Head-fi event. I think Beefy was thinking of a tight shot of you wearing the phones, like Krmathis did, otherwise he could get pics of HF-1's anytime with google images. :wink:

Dec 22, 2008 at 2:06 AM Post #37 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by amphead /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's amazing how Head-fi meets look so much alike. Looks like you were having a great time. Didn't look too much different than the Burning Amp event. Well, Burning Amp wasn't technically a Head-fi event. I think Beefy was thinking of a tight shot of you wearing the phones, like Krmathis did, otherwise he could get pics of HF-1's anytime with google images. :wink:

Will do tomorrow - think I got the picture, now!
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 22, 2008 at 5:08 PM Post #38 of 46
Quote:

Mexican Dragon didn't tell you the whole story, but he came to an Atlanta meet interested in hearing a MAX. He had a pair of HF-1's to do that. At one point, he gave me a listen and I was very, very impressed. I've wanted a pair ever since...

FWIW, I had really wanted to hear the MAX with my own gear, so I asked tomb if I could hook up my CDP to it. It was a Toshiba SD-3950 (the one that got a lot of press 4 years ago) with, I believe, some cheap ICs. I got that player NIB for 19.99$ (I bought out the store at that price, they didn't know it was 75% off either, so wasn't marked). That was a killer rig for the $$$. I know one album we listened to snippets of was DMB's Crash.

I think it was a nice case of that magical "synergy" that keeps being thrown about.

**BRENT**

P.S. @tomb... keep low hours on yours and we'll have a "New" vs. "super 'broken-in'" comparo next time we see each other
wink.gif

Dec 22, 2008 at 7:52 PM Post #41 of 46
Quote:

Low hours, Brent? No way! These sound too good!

tomb-HF-1.jpg

Hehe... still glad we got those toy headphones off your head. Enjoy 'em, man. I REALLY can't wait to get mine back. Giving up something big in a trade for 'em, but idc... I had to have MINE back. Hope yours are ALMOST as good as #39.
biggrin.gif

**BRENT**

Dec 23, 2008 at 5:50 AM Post #42 of 46
Quote:

Low hours, Brent? No way! These sound too good!

tomb-HF-1.jpg

lookin' snazzy, Tom! Thanks for everything you do for us here. Enjoy!
beerchug.gif
(why in the world isn't there an HF-1 smiley?)

p.s. love your avatar, MexicanDragon

Dec 23, 2008 at 5:00 PM Post #44 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by MASantos /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Even though I didn't participate in this one (and didn't know about it) I would also like to say:

Congrats Tom! You certainly deserve them!!!

+1 on that.

I didn't know this was going on, but kudos to all of you for doing this for Tom!!!

Enjoy them Tom and thanks again for all that you've been doing for us.
beerchug.gif

Dec 23, 2008 at 11:46 PM Post #45 of 46
Most of us builders don't even have time to create a picture for our fans. Thanks for taking the time! :wink: Beefy? Edit: Beefy's in shock seeing all that HF-1 goodness.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back