Tokyo Fujiya Avic Spring Festival May 12, 2012
Apr 6, 2012 at 6:29 PM Post #16 of 90
You should do a search, it'll pop up.
My favorite is Dynamic Audio 5555 in akihabara, then probable e-earphone (or some similar name) in akiba too. fujiya avic in nakano has some stuff on display, mostly go there to buy something used though. The yodobashi and bic camera stores are noisy but have large selection too (even down to alo / rsa / headamp boutique portable amps for the huge yodobashi next to akihabara station). That should set you back a good day or two :wink:.

Apr 6, 2012 at 8:50 PM Post #17 of 90
Thanks, arnaud!

Do you guys know which Yodobashi is better to visit for headphones? I will be at Shinjuku for two days and there's the major Yodobashi store there. Is Akihabara's bigger for headphones?

Apr 6, 2012 at 9:18 PM Post #18 of 90

Quote:
Thanks, arnaud!

Do you guys know which Yodobashi is better to visit for headphones? I will be at Shinjuku for two days and there's the major Yodobashi store there. Is Akihabara's bigger for headphones?

The Shinjuku one is a bit more cramped than Akihabara as I recall.  But I think the selection is comparable.  If you're in Shinjuku, there is also this place:  http://www.avac.co.jp/shinjyuku_access.html  They have a nice selection, but a lot of it is in cases.  They had some listening stations if I recall correctly.  It's at the foot (basement) of the Hilton or 'Hiltopia'.

(Arnaud?)

Oh, and there's also and AVAC in Akihabara (http://www.avac.co.jp/akihabara_access.html) but it's a bit of a walk from where Yodobashi (and e-earphone) are.

Apr 13, 2012 at 5:52 AM Post #21 of 90
The venue itself is in Aoyama. But there aren't that many hotels in Aoyama per se. You could get a hotel in Shibuya and not be that far away too.

Feel free to PM me with hotels you're considering and I can tell you how convenient they'd be.

Apr 13, 2012 at 8:24 AM Post #22 of 90
I'm probably going to stay in a hotel in Shinjuku. If you want to join us on the 11th, having an iPhone will be handy, as we used Find My Friends last time with great results. We'll probably end up meeting fairly early on Friday.

Apr 14, 2012 at 1:36 PM Post #23 of 90

Quote:
I'm probably going to stay in a hotel in Shinjuku. If you want to join us on the 11th, having an iPhone will be handy, as we used Find My Friends last time with great results. We'll probably end up meeting fairly early on Friday.

do you intend to meet up where on both days?
I'm in for the 11th and 12th ^.^ just tell me where to meet you guys!

Apr 21, 2012 at 6:53 AM Post #24 of 90

Definitely a deal on the 11th. I would bring my iphone.

@Gkanai, saw on the map and i booked Hotel Horidome Villa
Chuo-ku Nihonbashi Horidome-cho 1-10-10 , Chuo
Tokyo, 103-0012
Japan
中央区日本橋堀留町1-10-10 , 中央区
(東京都, 103-0012)

Saw how to get there from Subway and it's pretty straight forward.

Need to know how to get a prepaid microsimcard that has data plan. Which would you guys recommend?

Apr 21, 2012 at 10:51 AM Post #25 of 90

Quote:
Need to know how to get a prepaid microsimcard that has data plan. Which would you guys recommend?

If you are looking for just data access, I would recommend renting a 3G or WiMax wifi router at the airport. Docomo, Softbank, eMobile and KDDI/AU all have offerings that are about the same price. Should be about 3000 JPY/day?

If you live in Japan, you can get a prepaid microsim with bmobile but I don't think these are found at the airport and they're not that easily found in the city either. Bmobile is not really marketed to foreigners visiting Japan, fwiw.

Apr 21, 2012 at 9:25 PM Post #26 of 90
Bic camera on the WEST side of shinjuku station is great for trying out headphones. (Yodobashi camera east side is ok, bic camera east side =NO).

Saturday is out for me because of my work schedule, Friday morning could be doable.

Apr 23, 2012 at 1:14 AM Post #27 of 90
Hi. Can anybody help me with Google maps and Tokyo Metro stations nearest to Fujiya Avic show? I will be in Tokyo on that day and would love to visit if time will allow. My hotel is in Shinjuku. Thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back