To the folks that use a DDC for i2s connection... What is your experience?
Nov 6, 2023 at 5:59 AM Post #106 of 147
Oh btw totally forgot that I bought an ifi purifier 3 and today it came unexpectedly.

I can return it but I want to find out if it can be of some benefit to the chain

Nov 6, 2023 at 6:01 AM Post #107 of 147
Oh btw totally forgot that I bought an ifi purifier 3 and today it came unexpectedly.

I can return it but I want to find out if it can be of some benefit to the chain

we are curious as well.
USB purifier?

Nov 6, 2023 at 6:03 AM Post #108 of 147
Nov 6, 2023 at 6:13 AM Post #109 of 147
I don't know why but as soon as I put it in place sound mellowed and lost resolution. For now I feel adds nothing to the sound, on the contrary, it feels somewhat veiled.

I read good things about it but maybe it can be redundant in my case?

Perhaps it needs to "break in" (yes I know I know) a bit? Don't actually know.

Will update if something changes.

Nov 6, 2023 at 6:22 AM Post #110 of 147
Oh. Wow, the bass... Something's going on. Maybe I rushed to judgement a bit (5 mins in, lol). Ehrm, will assess later, undergoing sonic changes as we speak.

Edit: I don't expect big changes from this but something is going on, and don't know if it's good news or if it's too small of a change to be worth it or if it's redundant or what.

Update will follow.

I can return it so no biggie.

Want to be as objective as possible in my subjective experience 🙃

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2023 at 7:53 AM Post #111 of 147
Oh. Wow, the bass... Something's going on. Maybe I rushed to judgement a bit (5 mins in, lol). Ehrm, will assess later, undergoing sonic changes as we speak.
You inserted one more box with a certain rhythm of its own into the chain. Don't want to dismay you - but I find it perfectly reasonable to assume that with the iPurifier's Power supply, the additional cable and the burn-in status of the new box you introduced so many variables, that it might be hard to come to a definitive conclusion if it's beneficial or not.

Anyway... I am sure you'll keep us updated. :wink:

Nov 6, 2023 at 8:02 AM Post #112 of 147
You inserted one more box with a certain rhythm of its own into the chain. Don't want to dismay you - but I find it perfectly reasonable to assume that with the iPurifier's Power supply, the additional cable and the burn-in status of the new box you introduced so many variables, that it might be hard to come to a definitive conclusion if it's beneficial or not.

Anyway... I am sure you'll keep us updated. :wink:
This is exactly what I think, only there's no new cable nor power supply, just the tiny iPurifier 3 attached to my neo Oyaide d+ class S. But what you say sill stands

Nov 6, 2023 at 8:49 AM Post #113 of 147
Now I want to try the setup with the LCD2C... Problem I have with them is fatigue. Curious to find if there is any taming (even just a little) of the upper mids and lower treble peaks that pierce my eardrums sometimes
LCD-2C as in Classic? Least fatiguing cans I can think of... Shirley, you must be talking about something else.

Nov 6, 2023 at 8:54 AM Post #114 of 147
LCD-2C as in Classic? Least fatiguing cans I can think of... Shirley, you must be talking about something else.
No man I'm talking LCD2C. The Classic yes. Piercing highs sometimes and forward mids can be fatiguing.

Nov 6, 2023 at 8:56 AM Post #115 of 147
At least, I have this cans since 2018 and sadly I always had this problem with them

Nov 6, 2023 at 8:56 AM Post #116 of 147
No man I'm talking LCD2C. The Classic yes. Piercing highs sometimes and forward mids can be fatiguing.

I can't understand that! You don't have EQ in there by any chance? What are your sources and amps?

Nov 6, 2023 at 9:00 AM Post #117 of 147
I can't understand that! You don't have EQ in there by any chance? What are your sources and amps?
I use reveal plugin and different Peace APO slightly cutomized auto eq presets and presets found here and there... Best I achieved so far is just plain reveal plugin

Draco R-2R, Audio-gd DI-20 and Master 19 as setup or formerly JDS Atom DAC and 789

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2023 at 9:02 AM Post #118 of 147
I use reveal plugin and different Peace APO slightly cutomized auto eq presets and presets found here and there... Best I achieved so far is just plain reveal plugin
Just ditch the EQ, something is terribly wrong.

The LCD-2C is about the most easygoing unoffensive headphone there is. It slams, but it does not have any peaks and should not be fatiguing!

Nov 6, 2023 at 9:03 AM Post #119 of 147
Now that I think of it, with Mojo 2 I never had this problem... So maybe it's source dependent

Nov 6, 2023 at 9:08 AM Post #120 of 147
Just ditch the EQ, something is terribly wrong.

The LCD-2C is about the most easygoing unoffensive headphone there is. It slams, but it does not have any peaks and should not be fatiguing
I tried them stock but there's something in their tuning that I don't like. Lots of people enjoy them stock, I'm not one of them 🤷

Users who are viewing this thread

Back