To reshell re0's or not to reshell?
Dec 10, 2009 at 3:36 AM Post #16 of 27
Why not go for custom sleeves? That's my plan for the RE0, anyway.

Dec 10, 2009 at 4:37 AM Post #17 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by TopPop /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why not go for custom sleeves? That's my plan for the RE0, anyway.

++ Reshelling might ruin the sound of the RE0, but getting custom sleeves is a great idea IMO. I recommend ACS for that.

Dec 10, 2009 at 4:47 AM Post #18 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pianist /img/forum/go_quote.gif
++ Reshelling might ruin the sound of the RE0, but getting custom sleeves is a great idea IMO. I recommend ACS for that.

@OP: if you can wait a bit, I'm planning on "attempting" to make DIY custom sleeves for my RE0 in a couple of weeks, or so. I'll have a pictorial guide to help others, if it's successful.

Dec 10, 2009 at 5:09 AM Post #19 of 27
heh..i would love to know how custom sleeves on re0 sounds like

dit custom sleeves..that just sounds crazy :p helps having free ear molding if i remember u mentioning that earlier

Dec 10, 2009 at 5:16 AM Post #20 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by rawrster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
heh..i would love to know how custom sleeves on re0 sounds like

dit custom sleeves..that just sounds crazy :p helps having free ear molding if i remember u mentioning that earlier

Yup!
biggrin.gif

But if it's successful and relatively easy, then I'd imagine that others will also try it, because it would still be much cheaper than uber-expensive alternatives (*cough* ACS *cough*), even if having to pay for impressions is an added cost.

Dec 10, 2009 at 8:17 AM Post #21 of 27
Cool toppop that sounds like an interesting idea. Please give us a friendly update on this thread when you get a chance to.

Dec 10, 2009 at 9:42 PM Post #22 of 27
Are ACS sleeves worth it at £90?

Would it work out cheaper in the long run than buying Comply tips then taking the core out to put it in a de-foamed olive tip. That costs like £20 per time

Dec 10, 2009 at 9:59 PM Post #23 of 27
well if its a keeper it might be..buying comply just to take out the core sounds like a waste of money imo

TopPop did buy a tomahawk probably for over 200 for the RE0 so it might be worth it to him

Dec 10, 2009 at 10:17 PM Post #24 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by rawrster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
well if its a keeper it might be..buying comply just to take out the core sounds like a waste of money imo

TopPop did buy a tomahawk probably for over 200 for the RE0 so it might be worth it to him

Yes, I most certainly did! And after careful comparisons between Fuze and Fuze/LOD/Tomahawk, deciding whether or not I would resell the Tomahawk to fund custom IEMs, I've decided that the Tomahawk isn't going anywhere.

So, in the end, the Tomahawk is good enough to spend two Benjis on, and the RE0 is good enough to make it worthwhile to keep the Tomahawk.

Jan 17, 2010 at 8:42 AM Post #26 of 27

Users who are viewing this thread

Back