To Clip or to Fuze?
Feb 21, 2009 at 8:48 PM Post #46 of 65
I haven't had any problems with my Fuze and I haven't heard of any others, which leads me to believe this is a rare occurrence

Feb 21, 2009 at 9:20 PM Post #47 of 65
well I'm sure it is - but its put me way off

on searching the other forums, found about 5 other people who have experienced the same thing - several of them 5-10 times, and one across 3 separate Fuzes.

It was so loud it now makes me cringe every time I move forward a track, I've been taking my headphones off each time I move forward - not a way to continue

thankfully it was a "quieter" track that I skipped to - but even so I measured it and was 112dB at max volume - no wonder it made me jump !

Feb 22, 2009 at 6:50 AM Post #48 of 65
anyway initialised returns process today - so no further from me on this issue

I tried as suggested elsewhere to "adjust" the way I use the device, but I keep noticing that you can easily nudge the volume whilst moving forward a track etc - it hasn't re-gone to max volume, but you only have one set of ears - and I'm not prepared to even if remote chance use a device that can suddenly blast your ears with stupidly loud music - its just not acceptable Sandisk. If it was a bug in the latest firmware only - then in a way fair enough (but still not that acceptable) - but since its been known about since July 08 - and still not fixed, I find that very unacceptable. I'm just glad I use PX100s - rather than in-ear headphones - can't imagine what sort of volume would have been pumped out otherwise !

note that on the Fuzes there are two "overarching" volume settings, medium and high, overall gain I suggest. Even though I Was on medium, I'm sure when it went to max volume, it wasn't just max of the medium setting, it was max of the high setting ! (eek)

thats all from me pity as superb sounding device.

Feb 22, 2009 at 7:27 AM Post #49 of 65
I have both the Clip And The Fuze. Although the Fuze has Album Art and more bells and whistles than the Clip, the Clip wins for me. Also, how the hell do you get Album Art onto the Fuze? Searching other Forums you have to open a new folder or something. I don't have a clue. At least the Clip is a plain straight forward unit.

Feb 22, 2009 at 5:23 PM Post #50 of 65
Quote:

Originally Posted by wardyboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have both the Clip And The Fuze. Although the Fuze has Album Art and more bells and whistles than the Clip, the Clip wins for me. Also, how the hell do you get Album Art onto the Fuze? Searching other Forums you have to open a new folder or something. I don't have a clue. At least the Clip is a plain straight forward unit.

It just needs to be embedded. So just paste it in with a program such as WMP12 or mp3tag.

Feb 22, 2009 at 7:28 PM Post #51 of 65
Just put folder.jpg into each folder of each album. Just make sure there are no odd sizes and it will show properly. Like for example, 300x300 will show and so will 290x300 or 300x290, but 301x300 or 300x301 will not. It's hard to explain but easy to get passed once you figure it out. Everything in my Fuze has album art now.

Feb 23, 2009 at 6:04 PM Post #52 of 65
Thanks for the replies about the Album Art on the Fuze, but I solved the problem by giving the damn thing to my grand-daughter. Any feller with teenage daughters will know of the dreaded words "Daddy...........". Well it don't get any better when they have kids.
I still don't know why, when Apple, Cowon, and the others can accept Album Art from scratch, Sansa has to bugger about. As I said in my earlier post, gimme the Clip. It's so simple, idiots like me can use it and enjoy the music.

Feb 24, 2009 at 12:43 AM Post #53 of 65
So do you simply embed the album art to the mp3 file or do you place them inside the album folders?

Got two contradicting answers here. :/

Feb 24, 2009 at 4:18 AM Post #55 of 65
You can do either. I personally rather just have the jpg in the folder since it saves a some space. Every little bit counts
biggrin.gif

Mar 2, 2009 at 4:20 AM Post #58 of 65
Small with big capacity and nearly indestructable! Clip all the way (I've got 2)!

Mar 2, 2009 at 9:25 AM Post #60 of 65
Quote:

Originally Posted by arekieh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I vote for clip too. Rockbox is sweet on it too

I can't see any mention of Rockbox for the clip on the Rockbox site.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back