To Clip or to Fuze?
Feb 19, 2009 at 4:04 AM Post #17 of 65
Quote:

Originally Posted by Earwax /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Where's the checkbox for "both" ?
wink.gif

I second that. I use a Clip at the gym, and a Fuze for everywhere else.

But if you're only getting one...Both have the same sound, so it completely depends on your needs. The clip is smaller, so if you need the better portability, I'd go with the Clip. If not, I'd go with the Fuze, as it has a little bit easier interface because of the larger screen and potentially much greater storage capacity because of the microSD slot - and the Fuze is also fairly small.

Feb 19, 2009 at 12:54 PM Post #19 of 65
Hmm I was thinking general useage really although I would think that I'd probably start using it more when I start running whenever my girlfriend decides the weather is good enough. Do any of you people use the clip with an amp when at the gym? Or just use the clip by itself?

I'll put a both option if someone can tell me how? Do a lot of you have both?

Feb 19, 2009 at 5:57 PM Post #20 of 65
Quote:

Originally Posted by Clifbel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do a lot of you have both?

I do & I use both of 'em on a regular basis. They really are great little players & each serve different functions. Not that the Fuze is large & unmanageable, but the Clip is perfect if you are running or working out.

Feb 19, 2009 at 8:19 PM Post #21 of 65
I have both, but it's the Clip I consider my main everyday player. It's nearly perfect for just keeping in a pocket for anytime, anywhere listening.

I only got the Fuze because I had a chance to aquire a used one very inexpensively and I wanted to see for myself what it's like.

Feb 19, 2009 at 8:21 PM Post #23 of 65
Quote:

Originally Posted by Clifbel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hmm I was thinking general useage really although I would think that I'd probably start using it more when I start running whenever my girlfriend decides the weather is good enough. Do any of you people use the clip with an amp when at the gym? Or just use the clip by itself?

I'll put a both option if someone can tell me how? Do a lot of you have both?

I find your statement funny. You are talking about using a clip with amp while working out. You sir are on your way to being hardcore! for working out, I think convenience would outway trying to uberfy the audio. I don't think one would really do too much critical listening while doing an active workout to warrant an amp to be used.

Maybe you can use either an Fiio E3 or E5 or an Ibasso T4 (Xin amps will take like a year to arrive from purchase date so didn't include it) though but it still seems a bit inconvenient.

Feb 19, 2009 at 9:37 PM Post #25 of 65
I went for a Fuze for the MicroSD slot. Now I'm waiting for 32GB cards
smily_headphones1.gif

Hopefully by the time they are available the firmware has increased the song limit, or better yet RockBox is up and running...

Feb 20, 2009 at 12:05 AM Post #26 of 65
Quote:

Originally Posted by RAQemUP /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I find your statement funny. You are talking about using a clip with amp while working out. You sir are on your way to being hardcore! for working out, I think convenience would outway trying to uberfy the audio. I don't think one would really do too much critical listening while doing an active workout to warrant an amp to be used.

Maybe you can use either an Fiio E3 or E5 or an Ibasso T4 (Xin amps will take like a year to arrive from purchase date so didn't include it) though but it still seems a bit inconvenient.

I'm glad I'm amusing someone =]

Noooooooooooo! I don't want to be hardcore
frown.gif
Although tis a very good point you have made. I've been trying to keep audio fairly low budget since i'm kinda new to this and don't fancy splashing loads of money on poorly matched equips or just being a complete nub in general. Might build up the collection eventually but only time will tell =)
redface.gif

Is there much difference between e3, e5 and Ibasso T4 guessing t4 doesn't compare due to the price tag!

My friend is just buying his Fuze now. For 47 pounds think it's a good buy 8Gb+4Gb micro Sd. He decided to choose the UI and larger screen in the end, think he's trying to buy some headphones too, any advice for him, he said in-ear but i reccomended him the koss ksc75's even though they are a lot pricier over here 12 pounds i think. Oops he decided on IEM's he said his budget was 10 pounds! So I said creative EP-630 or JVC GUMY?? Not tried them myself just going from what i've read on here. He was although thinking of an amp I think he said the e3 cause it was cheapest and he likes loud. Heh
ksc75smile.gif

Feb 20, 2009 at 6:11 PM Post #27 of 65
sandisk forums reckon the Fuze plays back music at between 1-2% too slow ?

is this really correct as would bug me -I can easily notice pitch difference between PAL and NTSC DVD playback for instance

Feb 20, 2009 at 7:23 PM Post #28 of 65
Fuze because of the ability to expand it, and I already have a creative nano plus, which is plenty small for my needs.

Feb 20, 2009 at 8:23 PM Post #29 of 65
Quote:

Originally Posted by Buckster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
sandisk forums reckon the Fuze plays back music at between 1-2% too slow ?

is this really correct as would bug me -I can easily notice pitch difference between PAL and NTSC DVD playback for instance

That thread is very interesting to read. Seems to only affect V2 Fuze and Clip if it is indeed true. I have a V1 fuze and a V2 Clip and I haven't heard any problems on either. I could try to be real anal and listen to the Clip but it could just be placebo if I did find something.

Edit: Apparently sansa answered in that thread that the next firmware will fix the problem by increasing the clock on the players at the expense of some battery life (<3%).

Feb 20, 2009 at 10:03 PM Post #30 of 65
I seem to have a V1 Fuze

tell you what - wasn't convinced when I opened up the blister pack -but at the price I thought what the heck !

quick firmware update - and ooooooooooooh

now this sounds nice !! - gone is the digital-ness sound of the Sony - and just a lovely smooth, punchy sound, I really want to turn the volume up which is a good sign the playback quality is high quality

Very impressed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back