To Clip or to Fuze?
Feb 20, 2009 at 10:05 PM Post #31 of 65
still finding the "user feel" of the device (ie quite poor - plastic a bit clunky etc) - so abstract compared to the sound quality

would be like suddenly thinking my PS2 cd playback sounded good - just seems wrong

Feb 20, 2009 at 10:09 PM Post #32 of 65
Just get yourself a case if you don't like the feel of it.
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 20, 2009 at 10:21 PM Post #34 of 65
doing a direct A-B - S639 vs Fuze

same tracks same time in track - just swapping headphones over from one to the other

definately the Fuze sounds better

but interestingly they are at different pitches (Even though mine is a V1 - I think) - Fuze is slightly higher pitched/quicker than the Sony ??!

Feb 20, 2009 at 10:50 PM Post #35 of 65
I bought a pink Sansa Clip (for my sister, not for me), and I have to say that it sounds great! I really want one for myself now... I bought it before I heard the deal that was going on for the 8GB... now I don't know what I want to do!

@Buckster, I think I notice the same thing. It sounds weird compared to my USB audio rig, but I really like how it sounds.

Edit: After playing around with it, it's too small, especially with my headphone's plug sticking out! I would definitely love to have a Fuze!

Feb 20, 2009 at 11:50 PM Post #36 of 65
had one VERY annoying fault so far

playing back FLAC

went from one track to another and it seemed to go to Line-out - or MAX fixed volume -scared the beejees out of me

volume control had no effect

went back to menu - and hasn't done it since

a bit worrying - tried replicating it to no effect

Feb 21, 2009 at 12:00 AM Post #37 of 65
mmm getting less impressed

did a search on the Sansa forum -and guess what

seems others have had the same bug - something to do with a combination of unlucky keypress and voila player increases to max volume for a few seconds !

a one off bug is ok - but wouldn't want to do it too many times - wreck your hearing

mmmm - even though SQ is excellent - these sort of issues may see me returning it
frown.gif

Feb 21, 2009 at 12:53 AM Post #40 of 65
I've decided mines going back - I'm not the only one thats had this (and amazed that no-ones reported it on here) - one guy apparently went through 3 Fuzes and all did it -and that was back in July - so can't be just the latest firmware

very disappointed to be honest as SQ is top notch, but each time I press forward a track now I'm almost cringing, and tensing ready to pull the phones off my ears !

frown.gif

Feb 21, 2009 at 1:27 AM Post #43 of 65
I would get the fuze for more memory and nicer design

Feb 21, 2009 at 2:05 AM Post #44 of 65
I've got both clip and fuze and feel that the super tiny size, light weight, and rugged durability of the clip mitigate the advantages of the fuze (microSD slot, video, trackwheel, fancypants appearance). The ability to literally clip the clip to your shirt or jacket is just cool as can be. And i never worry about dropping the clip but I do w/ the fuze. They sound equally good and the battery seems pretty short for both of them. The clip is the giant killer. Fuze is still good, of course but the clip is in a class of its own.

Feb 21, 2009 at 8:20 AM Post #45 of 65
Quote:

Originally Posted by Buckster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've decided mines going back - I'm not the only one thats had this (and amazed that no-ones reported it on here) - one guy apparently went through 3 Fuzes and all did it -and that was back in July - so can't be just the latest firmware

If the problem is really widespread, I think there would have been more reports. I never have the keys combo problem on mine (almost 1 months old now). Actually, I just tried a few times to do the keys combo you described and nothing happens. BTW, I have rev.1 Fuze on the latest firmware v01.01.22.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back