To beard or not to beard? Beard-Fi question, who has a beard
Mar 24, 2007 at 7:50 PM Post #61 of 72
Had a beard since 1970, shaved it off once in the late 80s and my daughter,about 4yo at the time burst into tears and my wife couldn't stop laughing. Needless to say beard was back pronto to stay.

Mar 25, 2007 at 7:46 AM Post #62 of 72
when i was in my 20s facial hair came and went. i've had this beard since late '89 - i grew it when it was cold outside and i got sick of scraping my face raw with sharp steel and heading out into the cold morning air. my wife wouldn't let me shave it even if i wanted to.
plainface.gif

Mar 25, 2007 at 4:00 PM Post #63 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by boomana /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I admit I like the way beards look on some men, but guys, think of your lady friends. Beards hurt. Enough said.

hmm, beards hurt - that's a pretty broad statement. it suggests that either you're very sensitive or that your sample size is too small. no woman has ever suggested that my beard hurts them. perhaps you should walk around at the upcoming national and stroke beards.
cool.gif
i'll tell ya what, you can stroke my beard if i can listen to your r-10s.
biggrin.gif

Mar 25, 2007 at 7:29 PM Post #65 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by Musiq /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've had a beard since 1974. Every couple of years I shave it, but my family thinks I look dorky so I immediately let it grow back in.

Nice Rainbow trout. Which part of the country?

Mar 25, 2007 at 10:06 PM Post #66 of 72
All the guys I know around my age (mid twenties) and younger who have beards, have kind of a rock n roll attitude.
And don't seem to care what others think about how they look anyway.

I think a beard is less a thing that you should grow to look good, than it is a statement about who you are.
cool.gif

ps. I think we should have a bearded smiley.

Mar 25, 2007 at 10:09 PM Post #67 of 72
I just have a very short beard and sideburns but it's nothing very long. More like long stubble or fuzz. My gf won't let me grow it any longer and I don't blame her, it looks a little wild.

Mar 27, 2007 at 3:26 AM Post #70 of 72
There should be a "stubble" option - I shave every few days with a dull blade, and have approximately the same scruffy look all the time. I couldn't have a beard because it would itch and make it difficult to keep my face clean.

Mar 27, 2007 at 4:26 AM Post #71 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by Musiq /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've had a beard since 1974. Every couple of years I shave it, but my family thinks I look dorky so I immediately let it grow back in.

man, that's quite a trout. Was it delicious?

Mar 27, 2007 at 6:16 AM Post #72 of 72
I have had a full beard since I was 19 years old. I guess that would be about 29 years now. I have shaved it off 3 times in those 29 years, only to let it grow back almost immediately.

Now that it is almost entirely gray, it seems to be getting more uncontrollable. I have to keep it real short to keep it looking nice. My beard has never been one of those long ZZ Top style anyway, but now it's shorter than ever.

It is fun to shave it, because no one knows who I am when I do.
I'm about due another episode of clean face.
icon10.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back