Feb 18, 2009 at 6:17 PM Post #46 of 89
Quote:

Originally Posted by bakercj93 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you like fascism, go with Apple.

confused_face_2.gif

Feb 18, 2009 at 10:46 PM Post #47 of 89
Quote:

Originally Posted by indydieselnut /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Getting the Apple barcode tattoo'd on my neck hurt a bunch, but it sure does speed up service at Party HeadQuarters...err, I mean the Apple Store.
bigsmile_face.gif

lol
smily_headphones1.gif

Of all players available here, the ipod just wins easily. Gapless being the killer feature for me, but the Itunes thing is painless as well. I think none of the big companies have business models worthy of fandom, but when it comes to portable audio Apple got their game together. Also, I just love the mismatch of the sleek ipod tethered to the stereotypical Windows PC (flat black thinkpad)
icon10.gif

Feb 18, 2009 at 11:14 PM Post #48 of 89
Quote:

Getting the Apple barcode tattoo'd on my neck hurt a bunch, but it sure does speed up service at Party HeadQuarters...err, I mean the Apple Store.
bigsmile_face.gif

on your neck? you sheep. dude, if you are a sheep, go with apple. if you are not a sheep, go with sansa. it is that simple. go with sansa if you are not a sheep.

GO WITH SANSA if you are not a sheep. i think i speak for everyone who has decided not to buy an iPod: we are not sheep like you are.

i have sansa not tattoed as that is so sheepish, i have it printed onto a clear plastic layer that i wear around my most sensitive parts.

Feb 18, 2009 at 11:21 PM Post #49 of 89
Quote:

Originally Posted by PhilS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
confused_face_2.gif

I was referring to the fact that Apple's business model is to control all of their customers by forcing them into a trendy little proprietary Apple ecosystem.

Ha, and the bar code joke definitely made me laugh. I have a friend that recently sold his soul to Steve Jobs by converting his life to Apple. I will have to use that.

Feb 18, 2009 at 11:27 PM Post #50 of 89
Quote:

Originally Posted by shigzeo /img/forum/go_quote.gif

GO WITH SANSA if you are not a sheep. i think i speak for everyone who has decided not to buy an iPod: we are not sheep like you are.

Sigh...if you are pointing out the irony in being anti-conformist in the same exact way as everyone else, I get it. Fine, don't go with Sansa like a sheep. Go with any other player on the market that costs half as much as an ipod and doesn't require you to use any annoying proprietary software.

Feb 18, 2009 at 11:55 PM Post #52 of 89
Quote:

I was referring to the fact that Apple's business model is to control all of their customers by forcing them into a trendy little proprietary Apple ecosystem.

They're not the only one. There are many other corporations that control us too and force us into various choices. They've got to be stopped. They've taken our free will away completely.
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Feb 19, 2009 at 12:56 AM Post #53 of 89
I'm glad everyone got a kick out of the barcode...
tongue.gif

I guess I'm the ultra non-conformist because I take my cello out of the case and create music in real time...not even Apple can get to me when I do that. Or can they? The iMac IS in the same room...

These discussions are great! I love my Mac setup because it works just the way I do, it's easy to use, it looks great...the list goes on. When I pick up my iPod it feels like a "finished" product. I guess I'm so conformist that I've become non-conformist.

Shoot, I'm always ten years behind the curve anyway...
normal_smile .gif

Feb 19, 2009 at 1:10 AM Post #54 of 89
Quote:

I'm glad everyone got a kick out of the barcode...
tongue.gif

I guess I'm the ultra non-conformist because I take my cello out of the case and create music in real time...not even Apple can get to me when I do that. Or can they? The iMac IS in the same room...

These discussions are great! I love my Mac setup because it works just the way I do, it's easy to use, it looks great...the list goes on. When I pick up my iPod it feels like a "finished" product. I guess I'm so conformist that I've become non-conformist.

Shoot, I'm always ten years behind the curve anyway...
normal_smile .gif

i still say you're a sheep
wink.gif

check my sig...

Feb 19, 2009 at 1:19 AM Post #55 of 89
Quote:

Originally Posted by PhilS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They're not the only one. There are many other corporations that control us too and force us into various choices. They've got to be stopped. They've taken our free will away completely.
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Contrary to popular opinion, I’m actually not just a conspiracy freak. My resentment towards Apple is far more personal. You see, I was traumatized by Apple about a year ago….I was listening to music at my place with a friend of mine, and he heard a few songs he liked, so he wanted to transfer a few songs from my computer onto his ipod. He happened to have his ipod and his proprietary usb cable with him, so he plugged it into my computer, and he was shocked to discover that I didn’t have itunes installed. We had to sit and wait for five agonizing minutes while he downloaded and installed itunes so that he could transfer six songs onto his ipod. And then Steve Jobs ran over my dog with his car.

Sure, with enough time – and some therapy – I may recover from that traumatic experience, but I’ll always carry a chip on my shoulder from the time I was intentionally made to suffer a minor inconvenience for no reason. Why couldn’t he just drag and drop the songs onto the ipod using explorer? I sometimes lay awake at night asking myself that question…

In all seriousness, if you’ve had an ipod for a while, and you like itunes, then there is probably no reason not to get another ipod. I obviously do not like itunes, and more importantly do not like being required to use itunes, so I will not be doing the same. Those less neurotic and principled than me would be advised not to follow my example. I apologize for starting the war.

Feb 19, 2009 at 1:22 AM Post #56 of 89
you don't have to use itunes. you could use songbird. shuffle can use database. i used to love itunes: it has become heavy lately though and runs slower but that is not a problem as i have all the music i need for weeks without changing the playlists or dragging and dropping from itunes.

Feb 19, 2009 at 2:30 AM Post #57 of 89
Quote:

Sure, with enough time – and some therapy – I may recover. . . .

LOL. I hear you. We all have our issues. I'm currently undergoing therapy due to exposure to the Windows OS known as Vista.
beyersmile.png

Feb 19, 2009 at 3:24 AM Post #59 of 89
I used Windows for years and switched to Apple. My only regret is not having done so earlier. I can only smile at the sheep related comments .. whatever.
redface.gif

I've looked at other players and am not interested because of their inferior capacity. That Sansa rave not too long posted is exactly what I need to ensure that I don't get one.
beyersmile.png

I have both a classic and a Touch. I'm using the 1G Touch because I paid so damned much for it!! After the thrill has been over, I'd recommend the Touch only if you really plan to use the other features. Otherwise, IMO, it's better to use a Classic as a player, not to mention that you get it with much more capacity.

Feb 19, 2009 at 3:26 AM Post #60 of 89
While Apple product certainly has that sexy factor going on there are two main reasons why I jumped ship*:

1. iTunes. It really sucks handling large media libraries on external HDDs. This was even confirmed in an email response from Apple tech support. Yes there are alternatives in software to use but I a) don't want to pay for it, or b) the alternatives eventually suck even more.

2. Apple's throwaway attitude. What happens when a new hardware device is released? Everyone that owns a previous version gets left in the dust is what happens. Want that Genius on your iPod Classic? Forget it! Still waiting for that much needed firmware update for your U2 Video iPod? Too bad!

Once I started my quest for a better audio experience there was no looking back* @ Apple iPods.

[size=xx-small](*) Disclaimer: Yes, I still use my IPods. My 120GB Classic, because of it's storage capacity, sits perma-docked on my home multi-room sound system. My other two iPods I'll take traveling or when doing some sort of physical activity where I don't care if they get damaged or stolen. It'll be a burden lifted from me if they do.[/size]
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back