Feb 19, 2009 at 3:35 PM Post #76 of 89
Quote:

Originally Posted by bakercj93 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As for the lesser evil....

Bill Gates:
The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation

Steve Jobs:
Steve Jobs Still Parking In Handicapped Spaces — The Pictures | Cult of Mac

And how is that relevant to a discussion about DAP?
rolleyes.gif

Feb 19, 2009 at 3:42 PM Post #77 of 89
I sold my Zune for and iPod Classic and love it!
The Zune had a lot of lag when switching between songs and had a habit of erasing itself when i used a Sound dock (happened 4 times)

I have had no problems with the iPod and it feels much better in hand and is overall a step up in every aspect

Feb 19, 2009 at 3:55 PM Post #78 of 89
Quote:

Originally Posted by pata2001 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And how is that relevant to a discussion about DAP?
rolleyes.gif

Just a joke....I don't expect anyone to stop buying apple products because Steve Jobs parks in handicap spaces.

Feb 19, 2009 at 4:09 PM Post #79 of 89
Quote:

As for the lesser evil....

Bill Gates:
The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation

I feel really good knowing that I was actually helping little children when I chose Zune over other DAPs.

But seriously, I know what you mean. I am a former Linux user and these hardware locking is really a pain. Even MTP is quite unnecessary IMO, we really don't need anything more than MSP. Coming from a Sony I think drag and drop is the way to go, but none of those players have real high capacity. The only real contenders for me is the Classic 120 and Zune 120, the Fuze/View with lots of micro SD would somewhat qualifies but not preferable for me.

Feb 19, 2009 at 11:47 PM Post #81 of 89
Quote:

Originally Posted by iriverdude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
"DAP" also makes me snigger. Especially if a girl says it.

Would you prefer the term MP3 player? lol. My family still calls mine that.

That kind of limits the capabilities of the player, doesnt it? I know that i for sure don't play MP3s on my DAP.

Feb 20, 2009 at 1:25 AM Post #82 of 89
Quote:

Just a joke....I don't expect anyone to stop buying apple products because Steve Jobs parks in handicap spaces.

well he does have cancer doesnt he?? still no excuse, but it wont effect my choice to buy apple product, even if I mod the hell out of them and run different firmware; they are still a good platform.

and my MAC is pretty much the center of my life; OMG did I just say that; what a geek
redface.gif

Feb 20, 2009 at 3:36 AM Post #83 of 89
Quote:

Originally Posted by Navyblue /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I feel really good knowing that I was actually helping little children when I chose Zune over other DAPs.

... and giving money to Universal Music at the same time. Thank you for supporting the RIAA.

Feb 26, 2009 at 12:02 AM Post #84 of 89
There are a lot of factors that play into whether or not you should get an ipod vs. another player. I ONLY use an ipod because of 1 thing: iTunes interface. I want something to organize my music for me so I don't have to.

But you should get whatever makes you happy. There are other players out there (cowon) that have better SQ and others that have more capabilities. You can't go wrong with ipods, but make sure the other player is better.

Feb 26, 2009 at 4:17 PM Post #85 of 89
I chose iPod for some simple reasons : Easy interface, egronomics (clickwheel), lots of storage, long battery lifetime, good video capability, sync's with my iTunes library and a buttload of accessoires
biggrin.gif

Feb 26, 2009 at 5:24 PM Post #87 of 89
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonthouse /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I chose iPod for some simple reasons : Easy interface, egronomics (clickwheel), lots of storage, long battery lifetime, good video capability, sync's with my iTunes library and a buttload of accessoires
biggrin.gif

Righto... these advantages:

- lots of storage
- good battery lifetime
- buttload of accessories to pick choose and refuse from

can't be overlooked. We are all willing to give up some sound quality for portability. The compromise continues for similar logistic reasons as above, especially when the compromise really isn't that great between the available DAP's.

Be that as it may, I just love the contrarian attitude since it encourages the development and support of alternatives, which in turn leads to better products. So if you genuinely aren't interested in some of those damning advantages and feel anti-main stream, then by all means use what you wish to. I tend to go that route a lot, but not in this instance. The iPod rules and I'm not about to support a M$ product... I definitely am contrarian in that respect.

Feb 26, 2009 at 6:24 PM Post #88 of 89
Oh and let's not forget that those new iPod recharge fast as hell
biggrin.gif

Feb 27, 2009 at 11:06 PM Post #89 of 89
Hmmm I'm in the same boat basicly. I've been using Creative MP3 players forever. Always been kinda against Ipods because I've always felt other companies offered more for the money.

But while I'm looking at a player with more then 80GB, the Ipod doesn't seem so expensive anymore. Currently thinking I might get a Ipod Classic 120GB. Not really sure how their sound quality is compared to my Creative Zen V Plus.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back