To apple or not to apple?
Feb 16, 2009 at 8:45 PM Post #18 of 89
Quote:

Originally Posted by fameh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There is some model of Iriver too with optical, look at the forums, i think its HP-120 or something like that.

Fuzes are very nice, accept external cards and they have great SQ.

How about the HD3xx series?

Feb 17, 2009 at 7:44 AM Post #19 of 89
Quote:

Originally Posted by mark_h /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What? Other players don't support gap-less playback? I must leave the cave more often!

Exactly how I felt!
smily_headphones1.gif
I thought "Hmm, I want to try something different. Wow so many choices these days, great! Wait...no gapless support? Are you serious? It's freakin 2009!!!"

Feb 17, 2009 at 10:30 AM Post #21 of 89
All current iPods (and 5th Gen onwards) and iPhones have gapless, as does the Zune and the Rio Vibez. I think the Tonium Pacemaker has it too (would be absolutely silly if it didn't). The old Karma had it. And I'm sure all DAPs that have RockBox can do gapless too. Didn't they finish RockBox for the Cowon D2? And the Clip also has a (uncompiled) RockBox interface available?

(Have I missed any others?)

Quote:

Originally Posted by mark_h /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What? Other players don't support gap-less playback? I must leave the cave more often!

Feb 17, 2009 at 11:28 AM Post #22 of 89
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
apple_green_fruit_240421_l.jpg

What was useful and helpful about this? Now I see where this guy gets 22,000+ posts from, wow....
If some one else would have posted an apple they would have not gotten the same compliment...

Back to OP, you should get a Zune 120. It has better sound quality out of the headphone out than any iPod and a much bigger screen than any iPod except the low capacity touch and phone thingies.

Feb 17, 2009 at 12:11 PM Post #23 of 89
Quote:

Originally Posted by VoLTaG3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What was useful and helpful about this? Now I see where this guy gets 22,000+ posts from, wow....
If some one else would have posted an apple they would have not gotten the same compliment...

Apart from being too uptight, I think you have mild comprehension problem.
smily_headphones1.gif

Instead of typing the word "apple" like other posters, he chose to say the same thing with a picture. If that wasn't useful or helpful, so is most other post in this thread.
smily_headphones1.gif

And btw, in this thread ( http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f15/zu...ssless-409535/ ) , I wasn't asking remotely close to if converting a lossless format to another would affect sound quality. Frankly your reply was mind boggling to me but now I understand why.
biggrin.gif

Feb 17, 2009 at 12:16 PM Post #24 of 89
Quote:

Originally Posted by Navyblue /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Apart from being too uptight, I think you have mild comprehension problem.
smily_headphones1.gif

Instead of typing the word "apple" like other posters, he chose to say the same thing with a picture. If that wasn't useful or helpful, so is most other post in this thread.
smily_headphones1.gif

And btw, in this thread ( http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f15/zu...ssless-409535/ ) , I wasn't asking remotely close to if converting a lossless format to another would affect sound quality. Frankly your reply was mind boggling to me but now I understand why.
biggrin.gif

Great dude!!! Now go buy a life...
jecklinsmile.gif

Feb 17, 2009 at 12:32 PM Post #25 of 89
Quote:

Originally Posted by VoLTaG3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Great dude!!! Now go buy a life...
jecklinsmile.gif

key_art_life.jpg
?

Actually I don't need more of it, just that certain things seem really stood out to me, like a green apple.
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 17, 2009 at 1:43 PM Post #27 of 89
I would recommend the ipod touch 2G. Its such a versatile and great device. There is tons of entertainment and productivity to do on this little device. It is more of a pocket PC if you will. But branding it a pocket PC will take away the thunder of its audio capabilities. As its really a dedicated audio player with a fantastic user interface.

Now if you are only interested in audio then its toss up between the clip 8gb or the ipod 5.5g. Depending on what you want. You are basicly trading a better interface and more storage space for a smaller sized player. Everything else is totally irrelevant when the clip gets a stable version of rockbox.

Feb 17, 2009 at 3:00 PM Post #28 of 89
I could not decide, at this time. The iPod classic seems somewhat lackluster. The thrill of "all your music" was lost long ago. My modest collection has some 222GB now, about 98% ALAC. I feel in no way inclined to also keep a lossy archive for portable use, as that would eliminate the inherent value of the iInfrastructure — playcounts etc..
The 32GB Touch is too expensive for the space offered. At 64GB it might become worthwhile, considering the frills added over the classic, which would make up for having to bother with having to decide/filter what goes on and what not.

Other makes? They just don't offer the same convenience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back