TNS Sweet-1 or Sweet-2 ? (looking for Zero DAC and Little Dot MK amps...)
Apr 6, 2008 at 12:54 AM Post #48 of 104
I'm actually thinking of picking up the "Zhaolu D2.5C DAC" from this guy. Is $200 for this ($199) a good price for this DAC?

Also, is this DAC good period, or are there better ones for the money? I can pick it up and I have 5 days to return it if I don't like it. I was thinking of using it to feed my MKIVSE instead of the built in DAC's of my Samsung DVD universal player.

I guess I can return it if there is no improvement to the sound at all. I'm afraid to go there though as he has a lot of other gear for sale and I just might walk out of there with four or five different things
eek.gif

Apr 6, 2008 at 7:33 PM Post #50 of 104
Amps are in stock again. The main thing that attracts me is it's tube amp+DAC design, however, at the same time, I kinda suspect that it will be any better than other seperate DAC/Amp combos.

Apr 7, 2008 at 12:46 AM Post #51 of 104
I am hopeful mine will ship this week
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 7, 2008 at 1:31 AM Post #52 of 104
Well, I'm going to head down there on Saturday (that's my plan) and take my Little Dot MKIV SE with me. It looks like he has a lot of nice stuff, I'm sure I'll end up with something! I'll let you guys know how the Sweet mini compares to the LD MKIV SE. I'll be using my Grado RS2's for the comparison.

Apr 7, 2008 at 2:30 AM Post #53 of 104
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kpt_Krunch /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, I'm going to head down there on Saturday (that's my plan) and take my Little Dot MKIV SE with me. It looks like he has a lot of nice stuff, I'm sure I'll end up with something! I'll let you guys know how the Sweet mini compares to the LD MKIV SE. I'll be using my Grado RS2's for the comparison.

That would be greatly appreciated.

ps. Did your little dot go through our customs fine?

Apr 7, 2008 at 6:25 AM Post #54 of 104
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike_TNT /img/forum/go_quote.gif

ps. Did your little dot go through our customs fine?

Hi Mike - you bet. Not one extra $ was charged to me, just dropped off at the door (not even GST
biggrin.gif
).

So far, so good for the sound too. Don't want to do a 'review' on it just yet as I want to wait a bit and let it burn in. Plus, I don't have anything to compare it to yet (though that will change next Saturday I hope). And besides, I don't think I could elaborate any more on it from what Penchum has already said, and he has a lot more experience/amps than I do and is in a far better position to review these things.

I will do my best though against the TNS Sweet 1's and 2's, and try and give you an idea of the differences
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 12, 2008 at 1:02 AM Post #55 of 104
I'm very looking foward to your review since I'm kinda hesitating btw Sweet 2 amp and Dared mp5. I know there was a good review with all the tube rollin' for the Dared mp5. But it seems to me that Sweet 2 has all the features I want with enough inputs and outputs! Did anyone here has owned Dared mp5 before ?

Apr 14, 2008 at 8:55 PM Post #56 of 104
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am hopeful mine will ship this week
smily_headphones1.gif

Any updates? I'm curious as to how well this amp performs.

Apr 14, 2008 at 9:22 PM Post #58 of 104
Nope - hasn't arrived.

Apr 15, 2008 at 12:49 AM Post #60 of 104
There ate quite a few amps that look a LOT like the Glow amp, with the same tube complement. At least according to Glow, theirs is an improved version.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back