TNS Sweet-1 or Sweet-2 ? (looking for Zero DAC and Little Dot MK amps...)
Mar 25, 2008 at 12:48 AM Post #32 of 104
Well, I'm not sure how different 2 amps that use the same driver and output tubes would be in terms of specs, but the GlowOne is hardly the first headphone amp to use that tube complement - in fact the Jasmine amp which looks very like the GlowOne has been out several years before that.

There isn't anything earth-shattering in either the Sweet 1/2, or the GlowOne. With a little luck, they offer decent performance for the money. I personally prefer the look of the Sweet2 over the GlowOne, but that's just a personal preference.

Mar 25, 2008 at 1:20 AM Post #33 of 104
But Jasmine Serenade (I presume you're referring to?) doesn't have the same tubes, and their specs don't look like they were cut n pasted to the Sweet-2 page, as Glow's does. Line for line, the specs are the same between Sweet and Amp One. Just sayin'...

Mar 25, 2008 at 1:46 AM Post #34 of 104
No, I was referring to the T200, which uses the exact same tubes as the GlowOne, and has USB, and looks almost exactly like it, but was out several years before: http://www.jasmineaudio.net/T200Brochure.pdf

The makers of the GlowOne have stated that their amp is different from the T200, however.

Mar 25, 2008 at 11:03 AM Post #35 of 104
When are you expecting to receive your Sweet 2 Skylab?

Mar 25, 2008 at 1:00 PM Post #36 of 104
Not really sure. Maybe as soon as next week. Chipping from Canada is remarkably unpredictable.

Mar 25, 2008 at 3:15 PM Post #37 of 104
I'll be watching this thread too.

I'm also in need of a small, 2-channel amp to drive a pair of bookshelf speakers. I'd love to do it with a tube amp. Found this TNS amp on eBay and was curious what others thought. Seems somewhat too good to be true, looks vs. price. So I'm happy to see someone else is braver than I and will report back their findings!

And it doesn't look like it actually has an iPod dock, just a space to put one. I'm curious to hear if/how the 'iPod connectivity' works.

I'm curious about the import duty as well . . .

Mar 25, 2008 at 3:55 PM Post #38 of 104
It looks very nice. Depending on Skylab's review, this might be my first amp purchase.

Mar 25, 2008 at 7:20 PM Post #39 of 104
Quote:

Originally Posted by Headdie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've asked the seller a week ago for a picture from inside or user/technical documentation. I've got no answer yet.

I guess we'll have to wait for a go/nogo from Skylab.

I asked this very same question about a month and a half ago....was told I would be emailed some pics the next day........after waiting a week with no response I emailed again asking for build quality pics....to no avail...

Looks cool...it might even be good...but the lack of follow up by the vendor and the unfulfilled promise of interior pics bothers me to the point of saying ....buyer beware (big time) in this particular case.

I'd pass on this thing.

Peete

Mar 25, 2008 at 7:47 PM Post #40 of 104
Skylab,

For your sake I hope it's a good amp ! I look forward to your impressions.

Peete.

Mar 28, 2008 at 6:51 AM Post #42 of 104
I just found this on Ebay and thought it looked interesting. Sure enough someone noticed this too.

Well, it looks like a couple of people already took a plunge on Sweet-2 and they left their feedback as "great" and "good". It'll be very interesting to hear what somebody on head-fi thinks of these amps. It may be my first tube amp since the price seems too good to be true.

Apr 4, 2008 at 7:21 AM Post #43 of 104
Just checked ebay and I can't seem to find any now. It looks like the seller doesn't have'em anymore. I wonder if any one of them will pop up here on headfi. It looked like a very interesting amp.

Apr 4, 2008 at 4:47 PM Post #44 of 104
Quote:

Originally Posted by analogbox /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just checked ebay and I can't seem to find any now. It looks like the seller doesn't have'em anymore. I wonder if any one of them will pop up here on headfi. It looked like a very interesting amp.

Don't forget Skylab is going to try one. I get the feeling that this amp will probably show up from the seller sometime again.

Apr 5, 2008 at 5:19 AM Post #45 of 104
Well well well, isn't that amazing. Here I was, looking for a tube amp, 'settled' on the Little Dot MKIV SE (a very nice amp indeed so far
smily_headphones1.gif
) and here is this one being offered on Ebay.

I wish I had known about this. I could have made quite a contribution as this is where I LIVE!!!! I can't believe this deal was being offered right in my own city. Weird how my ebay searches never showed this (I must have just missed it).

Oh well, sorry Skylab et al. If I had been a month sooner, I would have bought this. Still might, as I wouldn't mind a cheap tube amp to play around with for some speakers of mine. And I could pick this up and post pic's immediately.

I will try and get a hold of this guy (he has other items up for auction and I can let you all know if he is reliable or not. Least I can do seeing how I blew it the first time
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back